SOE 33: Bono to open the batting on new album, Larry to keep wicket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People, stop posting your email, there's a download link in the thread, quoted repeatedly!

Finally my download has worked. Very curious what this will be like...

Really looking forward to your take on it Ax!!

Then Headache and Laz.

Last edited:
Very happy right now. I didn't think they could make classics like they never did before. It is a different style. Good shift for them. They tried to do this with Window in the Skies but this is better. Showman even has some sad humor. I want the lyrics for it.

Wow, we haven't had an opener like Love Is All We Have Left for a loooong time.

Lights of Home feels a bit abrupt straight after. But it's a solid track.

Just for my understanding, why are these leaks always lacking in quality?

20 years ago I would have understood, but today there's a guy with a CD and rips it to mp3.. ?? :hmm:

this guy had vinyl, and broadcast presumably with laptop or iPhone his room while blasting the vinyl, rather than ripping/uploading mp3.

Just for my understanding, why are these leaks always lacking in quality?

20 years ago I would have understood, but today there's a guy with a CD and rips it to mp3.. ?? :hmm:

He has the vinyl. He’s a fan. Maybe cool to play for other fans on FB, but not gonna put out a high quality download for the masses.

Good solo in Lights of Home but I wish Edge was allowed to go on a bit longer, have some breathing room. The use of the lyrics from Iris has a better feel than the appropriation of Volcano in American Soul.

Much better song than GOOYOW and Best Thing, my god. Going to skip those.

this guy had vinyl, and broadcast presumably with laptop or iPhone his room while blasting the vinyl, rather than ripping/uploading mp3.

I'm going to just say that it's pretty bad form to criticize this guy after he generously shared with everyone

Good solo in Lights of Home but I wish Edge was allowed to go on a bit longer, have some breathing room. The use of the lyrics from Iris has a better feel than the appropriation of Volcano in American Soul.

Much better song than GOOYOW and Best Thing, my god. Going to skip those.

*sigh* here we go...

Felt irritated after having them copy Volcano yet again during American Soul, but seeing that some lyrics of Iris have now been re-used as well, thinking whether this is done on purpose (rather than just being lazy) to come full circle as part of the Innocence-Experience flair..?

unquestionably done on purpose to tie into the innocence and experience thing. would've made more sense if the album didn't come out 3 years later, but alas.

Summer of Love is much better than its title would suggest. Probably the best on the album so far.

Red Flag Day is not doing it for me on first listen.

How’s the sound quality of the leak? Or should I just wait till next week?

It's not flash and the dude talks—including a shot at unnamed Interferencers who doubted he had the album. That cracked me up. I couldn't resist but if high quality matters, maybe wait.

If you want somebody who can't be pleased, look at yourself mate. I literally made a positive post.

While admittedly actually skipping songs in your first listen to the entire album? Yeah, ok.

Keep giving us the blow by blow, mate

While admittedly actually skipping songs in your first listen to the entire album? Yeah, ok.

Keep giving us the blow by blow, mate

I want to get to the new shit, and I have a dinner appointment soon too. You got a problem with that?

And damn right I'm going to live post. Hope it pisses you off you miserable stalker prick.

Back
Top Bottom