SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was ALWAYS the plan. This will just be a continuation of that tour.

This was always going to be the theme, hence the name. It doesn’t matter the length of time, it’s a second album, the second part of the theme. The stage will be the same, and I think the “journey” part will be there, just through a different storyline and visuals.

Why does there have to be some arbitrary timeline put on such a thing? I’d rather see them see an interesting and ambitious concept all the way through.

You're right about the continuation of a theme, but to extend that to the same stage isn't correct. The band had no idea how this would play out and thought the "experience" part of the tour could go to stadiums (red sentence at end of "smaller venues" paragraph): U2's next tour: what do we know? UPDATED - U2gigs.com

Fuck no. Sydney is a shithole. I’m not dying in that cesspit.

If I was in Melbourne I’d have to drown myself in quinoa, which is also not ideal.

Mate you live in Canberra.

:up: :up:

You say this like it's some sort of good comeback but it's not remotely?

giphy.gif

I believe the tour is being announced at 1PM EST tomorrow. The Boston dates and presale of Nov 20th I am solid on. The 1PM announcement tomorrow I assume is the tour.

Thanks for the info today Angtre!

I love U2 pre-album build up and I think we are about to enter the best part beginning tomorrow.

This place has become pretty warm and positive. I suppose it has something to do with the imminent influx of album news, but really I think the tides turned around the time of "banana in the ass."

I believe the tour is being announced at 1PM EST tomorrow. The Boston dates and presale of Nov 20th I am solid on. The 1PM announcement tomorrow I assume is the tour.

Gotta love those price increases. :rolleyes: Thanks again for all the info. Wasn’t expecting to get both an album and tour announcement tomorrow cause it’s been so quiet. We’ll see! :hyper:

Ugh if the announcement is at 1pm US eastern, that's 4am Thursday here in Australia.

Yep. And anyone who hasn’t been here for 2-3 years can’t comment - the place is unrecognisable.

https://amp.theguardian.com/austral...-one-of-the-worlds-three-hottest-destinations

I just couldn't resist having a go; I've never actually been. :lol:

I've meant to, but for various reasons it hasn't happened yet. Canberra actually sounds like the kind of place I'd enjoy. I will finally visit in July next year - the big annual history conference will be at the ANU.

Gotta love those price increases. :rolleyes: Thanks again for all the info. Wasn’t expecting to get both an album and tour announcement tomorrow cause it’s been so quiet. We’ll see! :hyper:

Yeah I'm definitely surprised. I posted just yesterday that a tour announcement in the next couple of weeks didn't seem terribly likely because we normally have better leaks than this.

If this happens and Angtre hadn't posted, I'd have been even more blindsided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom