SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things that will be said on Interference when Get Out of Your Own Way is released:

1. It should have been the lead single.
2. My non-U2 friends love it.
3. I can really see this one charting and hitting the mainstream.
4. It's going to go viral on Youtube/Last.fm, etc.
5. It's their best single since (insert BD/Vertigo).

Get Out should've been the lead single, not Best Thing...what the hell were they thinking??

That's one down!!!

First impression of GOOYOW: can hear that they were going for ATYCLB and I think they hit it. Better first impression than Best Thing. Album sounds like it will be very Tedder, which I have no issue with.

Ticket prices for Capital One Arena

329 (100s and some 200s)
175 (400s)
110 (end arena 100, 200, upper 400s)
80 (GAs and limited view 100s)
45 (limited view 100 and 400s)

Woof. We decided at the FedEx Joshua Tree show that it was our last GA - getting too old for all that standing and crowding. But $329 for good seats? Wonder if there will be RedZone - still standing, but much less crowded.

Coldplay would be stuck in a broken down elevator amirite

Coldplay's last album sounded like it was recorded in a broken down elevator so you're probably right.

(As well as sounding like it was written by a bunch of 4 year olds. Awful awful shite.)

Blackout is a lot more electronic and minimalist than the live version. The groove is great but I miss the drums of the live version

So other than Tulsa, St. Louis and Nashville, the rest of the cities will have at least 2 shows, LA might get 4. Looks like only 2 shows in Chicago, which is my only realistic option for this tour. That's gonna be a tough ticket to get, but if I can't get tickets I'm not too worried. Saw them twice in 2015 and twice in 2017.

I've decided to not listen to any of the new songs. I've already heard TBT, Little Things and Blackout many times, I want the rest to be FRESH!

Woof. We decided at the FedEx Joshua Tree show that it was our last GA - getting too old for all that standing and crowding. But $329 for good seats? Wonder if there will be RedZone - still standing, but much less crowded.
I would imagine that yes, there will be red zone, but that's just not on the list that I have

Blackout is a lot more electronic and minimalist than the live version. The groove is great but I miss the drums of the live version
So now we know the previous version was a live performance, not a studio version with added crowd noise I guess.. (I struggle to tell much from the former version because of the poor audio quality)

So wait, presale access in North America is by buying a new subscription now and linking the TM account and in Europe by pre-ordering the album through U2.com?

So if I get the deluxe CD worth £14 from the U2 site I'm eligible for presale access?

I don't need to buy the super deluxe £80 version to be eligible do I?

I still say there's enough uncovered ground to do another NA leg in 2019 if they were so inclined.

Winnipeg x2
Edmonton x2 (new arena)
Portland
Salt Lake City
Sacramento (new arena)
Omaha/Lincoln
Fargo
Minneapolis
Milwaukee (new arena)
Detroit (new arena)
Cincinnati/Columbus (I'm not giving up hope!!)
Toronto x2
Ottawa
Quebec City (new arena)
Albany
Hartford x2
NYC x?
Raleigh or Charlotte
Miami x2
Texas x2

That's 20+ showsI admit that's kind of skimpy and involved a lot of single nighters, but it could be done. Even Denver might be due for a revisit by then? They could even swing down for some arena dates in Mexico. Monterrey, Guadalajara and Mexico City.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom