SOE 28 - This is Meaningless. We're not getting anything newsworthy for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to see that Edge's comment about most of the songs on the album could be singles is starting to sound legit. The first 3, especially TBT and The Blackout are in that category, and this is seeming like it could be solidly in that category. Catchy, love the prechorus, and the chorus. The chanty chorus section seems like it would be a great live tune.
Very relieved hearing this. Obviously a very rough clip, but it at least isn't a "what the hell???" reaction.

And yes Laz and Headache, I'm placing this solidly ahead of SFS! I kid, I kid. ;)

Tune sounds good, chorus sounds catchy, but the lincoln's ghost lyric remained...

Never get too excited over poor audio quality. It does sound accessible. Assume it’ll be the second single then?

Lincoln’s ghost is in this song

Picturing Bono's woah ohs in that hat have me cringing a bit. Short Low audio clip but my excitement for this album keeps dipping.

Holy cow they are bringing big choruses to this album. Nothing wrong with that at all. Sounds really good!

I would expect if they were filming for 5 hours that more clips will surface soon, and we will probably hear the full song in similar quality in the next 24 hours

The chorus sounds like something you'd hear on a rock opera. Very direct statement of one character to another (or to himself). Cool.

Now I have Tommy / Quadrophenia in my head.

Last edited:
Can't tell if serious or...

Yes, I was. It does read like it might be sarcastic looking at it now.

For me, TBT is too cheesy with obvious mix meltdown, Blackout (at least the video version) too Achtung B-side(ish), TLT too bland / by the numbers.

Although GOOYOW sounds too reminiscent of Beautiful Day...that's the least of all these sins.

It's the only one that doesn't sound (from what I've heard) like it's trying way too hard. Plus I need a song with that message in my life ;]

Last edited:
The line between Coldplay sounding like U2 and U2 sounding like Coldplay is getting narrower and narrower.

You haven't seen the two bands in the same room lately. I'm just sayin'

I’m a little afraid now to state my opinion on a clip, cause I always get criticized, but what the hell. I really like the sound of this clip.
I’m not a huge fan of ATYCLB. And I find BD decent enough.
I get the mention of it, but this feels different to me. The chorus/hook seem really effortless, and flow well. Hoping once we hear the full thing, we don’t have to suffer the constant harping of the song being pasted together. Hoping the flow remains throughout.

The cool part about hearing these bits of songs, and live versions of songs, is that we get to hear them, but still have the anticipation of hearing the full polished studio version.
This has been such a great lead up to an album release. Months of little leaks, and rumors and live debuts. Great time to be a fan.

It's finally a song from the album (aside from the live release of blackout) that we haven't heard of yet. I don't think there will be any nit picking of the song (or as much) sounding forced together or changed because we have no past reference. At first I hated the clip but now I think this could be in the running for the most enjoyable song at least from what's out there so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom