SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For fucks sake indeed. Anyone that is going to believe a tabloid got the exclusive leak of the album cover is not paying very close attention.

I think I'm going to listen to Manhattan tonight, right after I finish up with Solar.

Isn't the picture from the lithograph set U2.com sent out last year??!?!?!
Yup

$_86.JPG

Man, U2 has really turned up the excitement for the new album!!!

What was the reasoning for releasing TBT so early?

There was a poster on Reddit that stated Bono's been receiving a lot of right wing extremist death threats after his comments on the Charlie Rose show about Trump being the worst thing to happen to America. Allegedly there was a near successful attempt on his life in the weeks after the iHeart appearance. They didn't want to go public with it as so not to encourage additional attempts.

I don't know if I buy it or not, but that's what they're claiming.

This screenshot may load of his full post:

78757c3af536b0b87a1f8d18679c8bf9.png

If that shit is true that's fucked up.

The Rolling Stone articles really didn't give any new information.

Are you serious? I thought we got a lot of info including new song titles and lyrics, more about the band (and Bono's) change of heart in delaying the album, in terms of the personal as well as the political reasons. Also talk from both Bono and Edge about the production process.

Not sure how much more info you want considering the album's not out for another 2.5 months and we'll be getting a new cover story with more specifics right before that.

Man, U2 has really turned up the excitement for the new album!!!

What was the reasoning for releasing TBT so early?

Perhaps they wanted to see if they could still produce a smash hit and the make-up of the album would be based on this. So a smash hit would have led to more radio friendly songs on SOE etc. A poor performing single on the other hand would mean a different approach, one where they are going to release an album which is not so focused on sales but rather quality and some of the darker/more obscure songs will make the cut. Now that The Best Thing has tanked, I am hopeful that they discard this idea of relevancy and just release the best material they can come up with.

If Bono really did have a health scare then it's worrying news and I hope it was nothing serious, but, it must be said, due to U2's history of cold feet with releasing albums, it is no surprise if people are not buying the story. The boy that cried wolf and all that.

For the record, I don't think they were making it up, who would make up a thing like that?

But their other excuses for the album delay, who knows anymore.

They never said it was anything to do with health. I'm starting to suspect that it was something to do with the terrorist attack in France. He may have been closer to the violence than was originally reported, and I don't think a person could go through that without some emotional or mental aftermath.

They never said it was anything to do with health. I'm starting to suspect that it was something to do with the terrorist attack in France. He may have been closer to the violence than was originally reported, and I don't think a person could go through that without some emotional or mental aftermath.
Meh... It's highly doubtful that a celebrity of Bono's status could have been closer to that incident without the public finding out.

Back
Top Bottom