So what is the weakest U2 song ever, then?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about songs like "Wild Honey", "Grace", "Crumbs from Your Table", or "Man and a Woman", which have never been performed live because, I think, they realized they just couldn't pull them off. The weakest U2 songs are the ones they couldn't bring to life effectively.

Crumbs was played live.

I like Wild Honey and Crumbs. Grace is decent. Man and a Woman suffers from lyrical content, it could have really been a great song.

But your theory doesn't work because that would make Acrobat one of the weakest, and that's definately not the case...

Red Light would be a major contender. Treasure (b-side from War era) would be another.

Here's a contraversial nomination: 4th Of July. Instrumentals have no place on an album. Find some words please! So whilst perhaps not their worst song ever, maybe it is their worst album track ever on account of it not even being a song.

Red Light would be a major contender. Treasure (b-side from War era) would be another.

Here's a contraversial nomination: 4th Of July. Instrumentals have no place on an album. Find some words please! So whilst perhaps not their worst song ever, maybe it is their worst album track ever on account of it not even being a song.
:up:
Elevation
single worst u2 song ever. vertigo is crap too.
boots is still ok. better than "elevation and vertigo"
You didn't say in your opinion. SAY IT NOW!

Says the guy who claimed the worst might be Treasure, which is in fact one of U2's top twenty songs. (My opinion = fact, since this is EYKIW.)

And I'm appalled that some people seem to think White As Snow is anything less than a beautiful gem.

Anyway, the weakest U2 song ever is either Elvis Ate America, if we're counting Passengers, or A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel, if we're not.

Elvis Ate America is funked up soul, man. A cracking track.

Grace
Red Light
Scarlet
Love Rescue Me

one of them is probably the "weakest"

I extract too much happiness from Things To Make And Do, J. Swallow and Boy-Girl to consider them anything less that brilliant, great tunes.

Least enjoyable track for me is probably God Part 2. Yuk!

1. Red Light
2. Babyface
3. Peace on Earth
4. The Playboy Mansion
5. Is That All?

Nice positive thread:)

Anyway, I have never understood what the whole euphoria was around Stuck In A Moment, not the worst they have done, but one of the most overrated by a long way.

I absolutely hate everything about The Wanderer, I don't like Love Rescue Me, Grace is a bit wishy washy and goes nowhere, Playboy Mansion is nothing special and pointless, The Hands That Build America was a poor attempt at soundtrack and not a good song, All Because of You is very cringeworthy, Crumbs From Your Table is severely lacking anything interesting.

Worst ever, that is difficult. Maybe The Wanderer because it isn't your typical U2 song but also Stuck In A Moment, because I find it really dull and boring, yet it is so highly rated.

Now can we start a thread for the best song and forget being negative about U2 and their work.

Anyway, I have never understood what the whole euphoria was around Stuck In A Moment, not the worst they have done, but one of the most overrated by a long way.

I absolutely hate everything about The Wanderer, I don't like Love Rescue Me, Grace is a bit wishy washy and goes nowhere, Playboy Mansion is nothing special and pointless, The Hands That Build America was a poor attempt at soundtrack and not a good song, All Because of You is very cringeworthy, Crumbs From Your Table is severely lacking anything interesting.

Worst ever, that is difficult. Maybe The Wanderer because it isn't your typical U2 song but also Stuck In A Moment, because I find it really dull and boring, yet it is so highly rated.

Now can we start a thread for the best song and forget being negative about U2 and their work.

yea, stuck in a moment is not my favorite tune either. i like it better acoustic though

The Hands That Build America was a poor attempt at soundtrack and not a good song.

i completely agree!! as much as I love the band, this song did NOT deserve the oscar and just didn't fit well with Gangs of New York soundtrack IMO. Eminem won it rightfully so:reject:

:applaud: Why? The art of criticism is not just about appreciation you know. It is also about critism. :wink: (completely agree with your critique) to name but a few truly awful U2 songs.

i completely agree!! as much as I love the band, this song did NOT deserve the oscar and just didn't fit well with Gangs of New York soundtrack IMO. Eminem won it rightfully so:reject:

Gangs of New York was crap, they backed the wrong horse. They don't know shit about art.What was that song called? He definately deserved it. POWERFUL song. :heart: Eminem, don't like his latest though.

I'm surprised at how many people mentioned Red Light. The only song on War that I didn't like that much was The Refugee. Other than that, I loved the entire album.

The only thing I don't like about Red Light is the female choir that has nothing to do with U2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom