So I was listening to a ZooTV Bootleg....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moser

Refugee
...and Bono sang the best part of Bad in a chilled falsetto. What's up with that...grr..

Then he made a fantastic little speech, and made an impressive re-entry into the song...

This desperation, dislocation
Separation, condemnation
Revelation, in Temptation
ISOLATION , DESOLATION!!

Then he broke into a fantastic series of shrills of "FADE AWAY" and sung "Wide Awake" with such intensity and emotion my jaw dropped.

Then he broke into a snippet of Norwegian wood...first time I heard that..and into more familiar ground with a snippet of All I Want Is You, but with a different riff from the Edge.

Thanks, U2, you just hammered me with your best version of Bad I have ever heard. I will forever bow to you.

1992-06-13 Germany, Kiel. Damn good stuff.

^ thanks, I'll download it now, I hope you're right....although I doubt it tops 12-4-2006 Tokyo :drool:

ZooTV BAD with the falsetto :drool:

it fit perfectly for that situation... coming back to madness after a brief recess and before going to turn it up for Bullet...

I love those falsetto versions

I think Bad lost a bit of its intensity when he started that, the great thing about Bad is that the song is very calm in a moment, then the tempo just go up a bit and then explod with the Wide Awake's.

it's a great great show.
Loved it for years...
The end of UTEOTW is mind bendingly good, "Turn up the FUCKING guitar JOE!"

Also Love is blindness is brilliant, a lovely bit of September 1913 tagged onto the end.

The Edge is in really aggressive form, as is Bono.

It was the smallest show of the whole Zoo Tour, oh to have been there!

Kiel is a good one. I'm pretty sure better recordings of it exist but I haven't found them yet.

Still nothing will beat 1989-10-20 Sydney, AIWIY->Bad

Moser said:
...and Bono sang the best part of Bad in a chilled falsetto. What's up with that...grr..

Then he made a fantastic little speech, and made an impressive re-entry into the song...

This desperation, dislocation
Separation, condemnation
Revelation, in Temptation
ISOLATION , DESOLATION!!

Then he broke into a fantastic series of shrills of "FADE AWAY" and sung "Wide Awake" with such intensity and emotion my jaw dropped.

Then he broke into a snippet of Norwegian wood...first time I heard that..and into more familiar ground with a snippet of All I Want Is You, but with a different riff from the Edge.

Thanks, U2, you just hammered me with your best version of Bad I have ever heard. I will forever bow to you.

1992-06-13 Germany, Kiel. Damn good stuff.

he also spoke/sang "walk to the water", never been done before or since....

Back
Top Bottom