Shuttlecock XXVII: To Returned Cocks We Run!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This place is a breeding ground for loonies and trolls, with some occasional glimpses of intentional humor and sanity.

I'm sure it's pretty much the same with any kind of fan forum, normal folks like the 'cock crew and others are actually more the anomaly when you think about it. It takes a pretty rabid dedication to be constantly posting on a forum.

I totally agree, but the best thing about this forum is that it's mostly crazy adults, Europeans, etc...

I love it. I don't know where my life would be without intedomine.

anywho, i've made a personal decision regarding Blue Crack, one that i've been trying to make for a while. but i'm quitting. i've just realized that i enjoy every aspect of U2 less since i've become so involved here. it's not Blue Crack's fault, it's my fault for allowing it to happen. i first realized this at the Chicago show. while i enjoyed the show, i actually felt a little depressed when i left. i realized that if i hadn't read every detail about the show beforehand, i would have enjoyed it 10 times more. the people i was with had no idea what songs would be played, and they were just having the time of their lives.

so anywho, my birthday is the 16th. i've decided that will be my last day. i'll still browse the forum from time to time for tour audio and new album news. but no more posting.

Taking breaks :drool:

I decided a long time ago to stop reading the U2 based forums around here and only peek in if something of note was happening. I stayed away this summer so I wouldn't get spoiled for Chicago, and I had an awesome time.

Being here so many years it's like, you just gotta learn to ignore the bad and focus on the good and what won't make your eyeballs bleed or give you homicidal tendancies. :wink:

You'll be missed mikal :hug:

As for SOA, I have not read any posts on the forum about this. I figure if the album gets released, then I'll know, and if I'm missing anything, you guys can tell me (I hope).

:happy:

Back to bed :yawn:

Taking breaks :drool:

I decided a long time ago to stop reading the U2 based forums around here and only peek in if something of note was happening. I stayed away this summer so I wouldn't get spoiled for Chicago, and I had an awesome time.

Being here so many years it's like, you just gotta learn to ignore the bad and focus on the good and what won't make your eyeballs bleed or give you homicidal tendancies. :wink:

yeah, that's my problem. i have such an addictive personality. i'm like this with every phase of my life, whether it's work, sports, family, whatever. i can never go into anything half-assed and allow myself to just enjoy things. that's why i think quitting altogether is the best route to go.

Then you're probably making the best decision. Gotta do what's best for you.

If I stuck around other parts of the forum more often, I probably would've left, too.

Then you're probably making the best decision. Gotta do what's best for you.

If I stuck around other parts of the forum more often, I probably would've left, too.

thanks. yeah, i also realized last night that this place kind of ruined HTDAAB for me too. i listened to it last night, trying to wipe out all the negativity i've read here, and really enjoyed the album. once again, it's my fault for letting others ruin it for me.

HTDAAB is not a bad album despite what others will tell you on here, U2 has yet to put out a truly bad album as far as I'm concerned.

:up:

i knew the gist of the 360 Tour but did my best not to really know the songs or the setlists or the order. you know that they're always going to play a few songs -- One, Streets, WOWY -- but there was a reasonable amount of surprise and that translated into a super-awesome concert for me.

good luck with taking breaks. the best part of Interference are people in threads like this who can just chat ironically-yet-happily about their lives in various parts of the world and you get a small but personal glimpse into their worlds. occasionally, you meet people, and they're almost always better in person.

but the U2 only threads are insane. FYM is far more civil than EYKIW and WTHNN.

thanks. yeah, i also realized last night that this place kind of ruined HTDAAB for me too. i listened to it last night, trying to wipe out all the negativity i've read here, and really enjoyed the album. once again, it's my fault for letting others ruin it for me.

I can understand that. I like being exposed to new music and views, which is why I stick to Bang & Clatter, but it shouldn't change how you feel about album A, song B, etc...

One of the worst experiences I've had on this site was when I got hated on for a list I submitted for the Desert Island tourney... it just left me feeling terrible. Then I realized that most of the people criticizing me are either A) batshit insane or B) guilty of having their own repeating tastes, too. Can't let those people get you down, you know?

On a lighter note:

I run away all the time!

I'm listening to Bono's version of Hallelujah off the Leonard Cohen tribute album :up:

I like it mostly because it sounds very different from pretty much every other fucking version of the song.

I dislike it because it causes physical pain, mostly around the ears.

Aw, Mikal. :( I'd miss you if you left. But I understand that protecting your sanity is important.

Aw, Mikal. :( I'd miss you if you left. But I understand that protecting your sanity is important.

thanks, lol! yep, it's definitely for my sanity.

in the meantime, i'm going to make fun of Snowlock as much as possible for the next 9 days. :D

At least promise you'll be around enough to check PMs so we can share our Sooper Sekrit Lambeau Field information! :wink:

I won't miss you, mikal, as your illegal downloading has ruined not only this forum, but the world in general. You are the Pol Pot of this forum.

Also, Elfa likes How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, which means he has a learning disability and/or is a social deviant and threat to society.

Seriously though, just stop going to the U2 sections. I think you'll be find if you stick around these areas. I've quit myself before, but I still would end up randomly checking bang and clatter from time to time, which just made my supposed "break" a joke, as I was still visiting the site but just not posting. Despite your evil downloading ways, losing regulars in Bang and Clatter is not something I like seeing happen.

PS - GFY

Also, Elfa likes How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, which means he has a learning disability and/or is a social deviant and threat to society.

a little from column A, a little from column B...

I've quit myself before,

I'm really trying to think of a good Brokeback Mountain joke here but nothing is working...

Back
Top Bottom