Shuttlecock XXV: Cool Hats Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man so they've sound checked it twice without playing it?

I am pretty sure that the so-called 2015 soundcheck is from PopMart though. Same user has uploaded a "soundcheck of innocence" for Do You Feel Loved, which certainly never happened in 2015. Definitely sounds like 1997 Bono as well.

After the soundcheck info leaked in 2005, I can vividly remember those Vertigo 3rd leg setlist parties and many of us begging for some Mofo.

We got those acoustic encores instead.

I am pretty sure that the so-called 2015 soundcheck is from PopMart though. Same user has uploaded a "soundcheck of innocence" for Do You Feel Loved, which certainly never happened in 2015. Definitely sounds like 1997 Bono as well.

After the soundcheck info leaked in 2005, I can vividly remember those Vertigo 3rd leg setlist parties and many of us begging for some Mofo.

Ahhh. Yea I think I remember that now.

Nothing got the crowd fist pumping like "The First Time".

They did put The First Time in the main set and set the ZooTV encore at its right place during the 4th leg of Vertigo.

Pearl Jam does great acoustic encores, but thankfully not at the expense of their most energetic songs. Replacing Zoo Station and The Fly with acoustic versions of Walk On-The First Time-Stuck in a Moment-Wild Horses (depending on the night) was not their greatest setlist decision.

I think the difference between Pearl Jam acoustic and U2 acoustic is that U2 have always been really shit at doing acoustic. I can't think of a single outstanding acoustic U2 song, whereas Elderly Woman comes to mind immediately for Pearl Jam. It is not their strong suit.

Looks like this Vegas thing is starting in a couple weeks, eh? Have fun for those who are going. Man, I kind of miss the days where I cared what U2 was doing, but I literally have had zero itch to even consider tickets to this. Maybe if they tour again, like a farewell tour, I'll catch them though because one of my best friends loves them and hasn't seen them in concert before.

Four weeks until wheels up for me.

Honestly I'm just as excited to see a bunch of people I haven't seen in a long time as I am for these gigs.

I also delayed my usual spring Vegas trip to fall, so I'm overdue and antsy.

I've looked at every U2 show since the end of 360 as a bonus. Each one could very well be the last. That gets even more real the older they get. Heck - not an impossibility that the last show I saw in 2018 will end up being the last time I see the original lineup. But we'll see on that one.

So yea - I'm crazy excited to get out there and get going.

I'm with you, Headache. Starting to get excited, even though the shows I'm seeing are in November.

Very excited to hang out with joyful (though we'll also be hanging out in October to see The Darkness). :hyper:

The weekend we're seeing U2, hotel prices are INSANE. That's putting a bit of a damper on things, trying to considering staying off-strip, using Lyft to get around...but I know it's gonna be worth it.

For those avoiding the other place:

https://youtu.be/EVqWb0JKBdw?feature=shared

The new U2 song: Atomic City

Come all you stars falling out of the sky
Come all you angels forgetting to fly
Come all who feel we’re not on our own
All UFOs come on your way home

Alone, that’s no way to be carrying on
Come on, we’re betting on a future that’s long
Gone, in look of a song
You just have to be right one more time
Then you’re wrong
Atomic City
(Atomic)
Atomic City
(Atomic)

I’m free
Where you are is where I’ll be
I’m free
So unexpectedly

Come all who serve above and below
Come all believers and all who don’t know
Come quick, come soon, comme ci, comme ça
Then you dive into your eyes and blah blah blah

Guitars, she pulls the strings et cetera
Sinatra swings, a choir sings
Love is god and god is love
And if your dreams don’t scare you they’re not big enough

Atomic City
Atomic
Atomic City
Atomic Sun for everyone

Roll the dice
That’s roulette
The beat has not stopped
Speeding yet
I’m free
Where you are is where I’ll be
I’m free
So unexpectedly
I’m free
I see what’s in front of me
And your freedom is contagious
What you’ve got I wanna be
I’m free
It took me my whole life
I got the keys to the cages
I’m ready for bright lights

I’m free
I came here for the fight
I’m front row in Las Vegas
And there’s a big one on tonight

LOL "The Other Place" pretty much has the same members as this thread with the addition of some good folks.

Back
Top Bottom