Shuttlecock XXV: Cool Hats Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So the machine is starting up again soon...surprised there's no discussion about it here(there is some in EYKIW).

This Songs Of Surrender project - re-imaginings of 40 songs from the back catalogue - is coming out in November apparently, first single in August or September maybe(buzz is it's Streets). A companion piece to Bono's book.

Then they're going to be a Kennedy Center Honoree in December.

And then a new album in 1Q 2023 and tour next summer(plus a Vegas residency maybe?).

It's been a long period of silence but it looks like there's gonna be a lot of Shuttlecock over the next year.

Last edited:
It's been a long period of silence but it looks like there's gonna be a lot of Shuttlecock over the next year.

Nah. We haven’t even gone through the “Album Delay” phase yet. I wouldn’t count the chickens yet.

I’d like to think that they got their shit together in the latter half of 2021/early 2022 and tweaked a lot with the material during downtime.

I’m looking forward to and hoping for U2023.

There's an album of new material rumored to be released in the spring, and supposedly stadiums have already been booked for a summer/fall tour in Europe and North America.

This is absurd.

There's at least 12 of us.

11.jpg

I watched the whole performance. All acoustic. Edge's guitar playing is pretty awful in places, particularly on Vertigo and Desire, the two faster tracks. One sounds the best.

It was discussed back in May.

In Cobbler’s defense, any actual news in the forums is buried within 24 hours by bad puns, dismissive takes, general headshaking, specific Headache-ing and great puns.

I think I made a “Bono went to the wrong Subway and couldn’t find sandwiches” joke back in May.

Jokes aside, the performance of WOWY from that thing was really good.

Sad to hear about Rushdie, hope he'll be ok. As good an excuse as any to listen to that incredible song, one of their very, very best songs of this century.

surprised this hasn't been posted here yet.

i relate to this very hard because i just got married a few weeks ago.

"she was the kind of beautiful you just can't exaggerate"

"the kind of beauty that invites more of it from those around her"

"i don't know how to do this, but i found someone who can teach me"

:heart:

If any of you visit Dublin, I highly recommend the Windmill Lane Studios tour. Cool experience where you get to see the individual recording studios, learn about the mastering process, and of course it’s history.

The tour guide made a great, unexpected pick to show off the layers musicians listen to in studios - “Discotheque!” Nothing like hearing that song through surround-sound, high-end, $25,000 speakers.

That sounds really cool!

Two things, I was fucking around avoiding work, looking at old U2 setlists, and saw Sweet Caroline was one of the Edge karaoke tracks on Popmart. This looks like lots of fun, I wouldn't hate it if they brought this back, it's a cool idea. Anyone have memories of that segment?

Also, I had a chuckle looking at sets of shows that obviously played in the rain, because there's 150 snippets of Rain, Can't Stand the Rain and Singin' in the Rain, and it reminded me of old times here, where we'd make up setlists and see how many times we could put Rain snippets in. Good times. (Strangely though, they've never snippeted Have You Ever Seen the Rain)

Back
Top Bottom