Shuttlecock XXI: Choking the Listeners With Our Good Time Smell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed all six shows. Were they perfect? Nope. Would I like better set list variety? Of course. Do I expect that, at all, from U2? No. Any die-hard that attends multiple shows knows just what they are in for.

Hearing Ultra Violet and Electrical Storm are real treats for me, and of course, hearing The Unforgettable Fire is beyond sublime. The first night, I was in shock, the 2nd show, hearing it again confirmed that it would have a nightly presence, and the shock was gone and was replaced by bliss. I cannot put it into words what it means to me to hear it.

So, yeah, overall, really enjoyed the shows, liked hearing the new stuff, love the remix of Crazy Tonight (it has to be experienced in person, listening to an MP3 or on Youtube does not do it justice), Unknown Caller is the standout of all the new tracks for me....Sunday Bloody Sunday sounds great, and it's a song I had really gotten tired of.....Streets is a hell of a lot better than last tour.....songs like Desire and Angel of Harlem are fun to hear/sing along to.....Pride remains amazing on the album and horribly boring for me Live....In a Little While was great, Stuck I can do without......

The trip itself, for anyone that cares, was amazing...seeing the shows was fun and all, but exploring Europe for 16 days was a real gift....happy to be back, but, I had an amazing time.

your first paragraph re: setlists is exactly what i've been saying around here.

as soon as i found out they were rehearsing the unforgettable fire i knew you would love it. your run-down of the shows in general more or less follows what i'd been thinking based on a few youtube videos and half a listen to the first show.

what else did you get up to there? did you make it outside of the handful of cities the shows were in or did you do what cnn suggests and hang out in your room watching...cnn the whole time?

your first paragraph re: setlists is exactly what i've been saying around here.

as soon as i found out they were rehearsing the unforgettable fire i knew you would love it. your run-down of the shows in general more or less follows what i'd been thinking based on a few youtube videos and half a listen to the first show.

what else did you get up to there? did you make it outside of the handful of cities the shows were in or did you do what cnn suggests and hang out in your room watching...cnn the whole time?

I was out and about a lot. I was in Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Milan and Paris.

I think everyone forgot that this is a time for hating NSW. There's a thread about it.

Thank G-d, you've returned.

The library totally lost their copy of Dune, so I moved onto The Fountainhead for now, by the way. I'll check back again to see if it turns up.

Thank G-d, you've returned.

The library totally lost their copy of Dune, so I moved onto The Fountainhead for now, by the way. I'll check back again to see if it turns up.

I'll mail you Dune, fuckboat. Message me when you are done with The Fountainhead and let me know if you liked it. Not everyone's cup of tea, that. Even I have issues with some of her beliefs.

I saw. I had my say then slinked out. I think this site, more than ever, is loaded with idiots. But, the people I like I like a lot and so here I am. :)

ah good. i just needed to make it clear i'm not a complete idiot. an idiot, yes, but not a complete one.

the common sense view of it is it would be nice if they mixed it up, but it's not in their nature and besides it's great at the shows anyway. that's more or less what i said earlier in that thread and only one person - ironically, someone in here - took any notice of it.

don't know why i even tried.

I haven't followed any of the reviews or listened to anything except the video of the Crazy Tonight remix which I thought looked like it rocked the house. So, how does Bono sound, nsw?

I haven't followed any of the reviews or listened to anything except the video of the Crazy Tonight remix which I thought looked like it rocked the house. So, how does Bono sound, nsw?

He sounds like his voice is, you know, a tad thin and not nearly as powerful as it was years ago....but he knows how to sing and he still has great stage presence.

The CT remix in person is fantastic.

Mike, the first thing I thought of when I read that they played The Unforgettable Fire, was what your reaction might have been. I know how much you like that album and can only imagine what went through your mind.

So, do you think your experience was enhanced by not knowing what the band was rehearsing beforehand? I know the answer to this question, but I'd still like to read your thoughts. Thanks.

Mike, the first thing I thought of when I read that they played The Unforgettable Fire, was what your reaction might have been. I know how much you like that album and can only imagine what went through your mind.

So, do you think your experience was enhanced by not knowing what the band was rehearsing beforehand? I know the answer to this question, but I'd still like to read your thoughts. Thanks.

Definitely enhanced, which I knew from previous tour experiences. Was at the first Vertigo show, too, and was surprised by An Cat Dubh, Electric Co, etc.....

And, yeah, not to repeat myself too often, but, hearing UF was simply amazing, and it remained amazing every single time.....hard to put into words. Thanks for thinking of me when you heard that.......

Definitely enhanced, which I knew from previous tour experiences. Was at the first Vertigo show, too, and was surprised by An Cat Dubh, Electric Co, etc.....

And, yeah, not to repeat myself too often, but, hearing UF was simply amazing, and it remained amazing every single time.....hard to put into words. Thanks for thinking of me when you heard that.......

Good to know.

I don't think I was the only one that was thinking that; in fact, that thread in IO stemmed from a conversation Elfa and I were having about that first show, I believe.

Good to know.

I don't think I was the only one that was thinking that; in fact, that thread in IO stemmed from a conversation Elfa and I were having about that first show, I believe.

It's good to know that while I was gone, everyone continued to hate me. Touching. Elfa, if you see this tomorrow while you're "working", GFY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom