Shuttlecock XVIII - SAVE US, REFU-JESUS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just listened to one of those last 'Joshua Tree' shows (Vancouver, sounds like). Better than I expected. I'm noticing an odd warbly thing creeping into Bono's voice lately, like he's overcome with emotion, but I think it's just his voice.

Also I could hear some guy in the background counting off 'one two three four' a lot. That must be Willie Williams or somebody.

It's a recorded backing track. It's a sign that the recording you listened to was a rip from one of the band members' in ear monitors.

I posted this 3 years and XV Shuttlecock threads ago:

Songs of Indigestion:

1. The Dill Pickle (On Reuben Sandwich)
2. Every Baking Cake
3. California Roll (There is No End to This Buffet)
4. Long For Crumbcake
5. Ice Cream (Fill My Bowl)
6. New Bistro
7. Braised Beef Rules
8. Cedar Plank Salmon
9. Eat Like a Glutton All Night
10. This Where My Belt Can't Reach Around
11. McDoubles (Featuring Mickey D)

2 pages of cringeworthy food jokes and you people say The Other Place is lame?

images

Last edited:
Late to the game, but best 5 from this millennium:

Ground Beneath Her Feet
Beautiful Day
Fez/BB
Breathe
Cedarwood Road

Maybe it was Axver way back when who said the level of conviction on Cedarwood Road was more affecting than anything since Pop, and I've come to agree with that. The last minute or so is really moving. And for Breathe, it has one of the few recent vocal experiments from Bono that has paid off. Great energy on that one.

Cockatoo.

Forgot to mention RBW, but should've. That song would be great if it weren't for the awful fucking breathing. Cannot stand that, and the worst part is that they used it live too so you can't even enjoy a live version without it like I remember expecting before the IE Tour began.

raped by wolves

I think the fact that the first U2 songs I liked were Numb and some stuff off October is probably why I think the band sucks now. Between that and the fact that if I was going to make a post-2000 u2 songs I don’t think suck it would be full of the sappy ATYCLB bullshit everyone here hates, every weird and unpopular opinion I have makes more sense.

Back
Top Bottom