Shuttlecock! Part XIV - CRAB - Being Consumed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
16 gigs on that torrent?!

Jeez, I don't need it in DVD quality.

Also, a few months back I tracked down Dylan's Renaldo and Clara. You think Shuttle & Bum is pretentious...

Great perfs, though. Dylan's People Get Read is AMAZING.

You usually have to wait about an hour between downloads. It sucks for multi-part downloads, but it shouldn't be a whole day between attempts.

You usually have to wait about an hour between downloads. It sucks for multi-part downloads, but it shouldn't be a whole day between attempts.

Oh, okay. I knew it was one ridiculous number, so that's less ridic, I guess.

I tried downloading a fan-edit of Star Trek V... fuckers there wouldn't let me.

Yeah, there's like 10 parts for each disc. Too much of a time commitment.

And there's nothing on ebay. I wonder if McCockne$$ cracked down on bootleg stuff somehow?

Okay, this version of Bullet kicks some ass. I forgot about the gospel/Heston intro and the "pull the trigger/rock and roll ******" rap section.

"War is over/we don't need your help/America is making war on itself!"

Good stuff.

Jon Stewart just ripped Jim Cramer a new asshole on the Daily Show.

I heard about that via some preview of it. I'm definitely taping it tonight.

It's not as UNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHH as the CockMart version, but I really dig Bono's li'l rap section.

I heard about that via some preview of it. I'm definitely taping it tonight.

I was expecting it to be like when he had O'Reilly on and they got serious a little bit but mostly just engaged in good-natured ribbing. Not so. The entire episode (aside from maybe the first two minutes) is just the interview, and he has some video from two years ago with him talking about his hedge fund that leads Stewart into going off on him.

ZooTV Bullet remains my favorite. And the segue into RTSS? Oh man.

My favorite 15 minutes or so of any bootleg is the ZooEuropa boot from Dublin 8/28/93. Bad into The First Time snippet into Bullet into RTSS into Streets.

Dear god. :drool:

You know, I like the live version of Shuttling/Scuttling to Stand Still, but without the "hooooooo" after the second ha-la-la-la-de-day it just isn't the same. He didn't hit that shit on Shuttle & Bum either, did he?

ZooTV Bullet remains my favorite. And the segue into RTSS? Oh man.

My favorite 15 minutes or so of any bootleg is the ZooEuropa boot from Dublin 8/28/93. Bad into The First Time snippet into Bullet into RTSS into Streets.

Dear god. :drool:

I've got that boot, too. I get chills every time Bono goes into the Hallelujahs. Even more so on the Sydney DVD (he nails them there).

It's been a while since I've listened to either the studio version or seen R&H, so I can't even tell you!

I don't miss it in the ZooTV version, though.

I've got that boot, too. I get chills every time Bono goes into the Hallelujahs. Even more so on the Sydney DVD (he nails them there).

Oh man, yes.

You know what else is really awesome on that bootleg? It's like two notes, but I love to swoon over it.

In Bad, when he hits that first "i'm WIIIIIDE awake," he makes that jump between his regular voice and the falsetto just perfectly, and it's so beautiful. Almost every time I listen to it on my iPod, I have to back it up and repeat it at least once.

It's a different animal, and the Hallelujah thing is pretty amazing. For me though, that studio version is about as perfect a recording as I've ever heard.

Zoo TV Dublin's Bullet is the definitive version of that song. I can't see them ever topping that.

The album version is beautiful in its simplicity, for sure.

Did I black out for 5 minutes in the last hour, or is Pride not on this DVD? :huh: That seems really weird.

It's a different animal, and the Hallelujah thing is pretty amazing. For me though, that studio version is about as perfect a recording as I've ever heard.

It's just a lyrical masterpiece, too. Arguably his most consistent song lyrically.

Huh, One isn't on this DVD either.

That should automatically make it higher on a lot of people's lists!

I just wish the ZooTV DVD had a bonus version of Ultraviolet. That song is one of their best live tracks ever.

Yeah, that's a bummer. I hope we get another Zoo concert when the reissue of Achtung Baby comes out.

ZooTV was so good, it even made Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World fun, not an easy task.

Huh, One isn't on this DVD either.

That should automatically make it higher on a lot of people's lists!

No Pride=Good. No One(birdie)=Not good. It's often one of the high points of each show, IMO. If you get the "make me crawl" part, especially.

I just wish the ZooTV DVD had a bonus version of Ultraviolet. That song is one of their best live tracks ever.

What it needs is that fucking Tryin' To Throw Your Cock Around the Court that was edited out! I love the chimey-chime in the live version.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom