Shuttlecock III: Raped by Wolves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This ongoing "discussion" in EYWIK about whether the bonus tracks of SoI constitute the second disc of a double album is about as mind-numbing as anything I've ever seen on the interwebz.

People are actually arguing for SOI as a double album? In full seriousness? Good grief.

You must be kidding with Are You Gonna Wait Forever, by far one of the more enjoyable tracks to come from the HTDAAB sessions. How it missed the album while dreck like ABOY or OOTS made it is beyond me. Could've even been a late single.

Oh well, at least the last true U2 b-side (an original song, not a cover or remix or whatever) was a good one.

Agreed on 'Are You Gonna Wait Forever'.

Now that I know the era it actually hails from, I'm left scratching my head a bit. That track, Fast Cars (not that it's my all time favourite or anything), Mercy... what the heck happened in 2003-2004?

Are You Gonna Wait Forever has a lot of energy, I just wish the chorus was something other than repeating the chorus four times.

All Because Of You was the same thing, but the verses have more punch so I'm guessing it's why it made the album.

This ongoing "discussion" in EYWIK about whether the bonus tracks of SoI constitute the second disc of a double album is about as mind-numbing as anything I've ever seen on the interwebz.

That dude needs to be put down...like a....stray dog.

Also love Are You Gonna Wait Forever.

Other than that dumbass "the furniture you can rearrange/don't trade your dreams for some small change" line, I love it too.

What I don't love is that shitty video Peef posted. It can't be real. The band has only been that lazy a handful of times.

You must be kidding with Are You Gonna Wait Forever, by far one of the more enjoyable tracks to come from the HTDAAB sessions. How it missed the album while dreck like ABOY or OOTS made it is beyond me. Could've even been a late single.

Oh well, at least the last true U2 b-side (an original song, not a cover or remix or whatever) was a good one.

Don't get me wrong, I like Are You Gonna Wait Forever a lot, but I just can't imagine U2 committing it to anything more than b-side status. I doubt it was ever seriously in calculation to make the final tracklisting. It doesn't sound like the type of song (lacking a certain "noteworthiness"?) that they would opt to expose to a large audience (even though I prefer it all the time over All Because of Ewww)

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

1. I APOLOGIZE(yes all caps) for any inference that any of you accept rape in any way any form.

2. See above.

3. I love U2.

4. IWB you are a good person I know that after reading your threads.

5. Forgive me.

Fifteen years into the century, I reckon I've now got about enough (what I consider good) material to make one album.

One very disjointed album that can't be made coherent.

1. I APOLOGIZE(yes all caps) for any inference that any of you accept rape in any way any form.

2. See above.

3. I love U2.

4. IWB you are a good person I know that after reading your threads.

5. Forgive me.

4. don't go that far, that's not true.

5. accepted.

That guy. I tell ya. There is just something about his stubbornness that makes me want to keep arguing with him. I do not like that about myself right now.

I'm actually glad they combined the acoustic sessions into one track on the bonus disc--because it makes it a lot easier to skip through them.

These are just not very good, barely so as curiosities even. All I can say positively is that Bono sounds great on EBW (particularly on the choruses). At least for the first half, because when he gets to that fast-talkin' section he's pretty bad.

Don't think I need to hear these ever again.

Just finally listened to them, and couldn't agree more. Sound like another Bono ego stroke, "how can we make the other 3 less prominent in these songs?".

Really nothing worth going back to.

The lyrics on the "alternate perspective" of SLABT are weak as well; not sure if this was an old version before Bono & Edge took the abusers POV, but it's a lot better written on the album.

I'm liking Lucifer's Hands more, but people on Interference seem to have trouble differentiating between b-side material and stuff that coulda/shoulda been on the album. It's undercooked compared to Crystal Ballroom and Invisible.

Listening to the alternate version of Sleep Like a Baby had me wondering in what universe did Boner think a victim would "sleep like a baby tonight", really wise decision to change the lyrics.

Lucifer's hand sounds like a demo with some potential, but clearly not album worthy in the state that it appears.

And for those who are touting Crystal ballroom as a potential single...I don't hear it. Decent B side, only reason I would say it should/could have been on the album is that it could have replaced Snooze For Snoozefest...4 minutes of Yoko Ono warbling in place of that would be an upgrade.

U2, please stop wasting everyone's time with acoustic promo performances.

I wouldn't care too much if they were in the middle of a gig, because I've kind of come to expect it (much as I think U2 have never done an acoustic performance better than a full band version of the same song). But trying to promote the album this way is baffling.

I wouldn't care too much if they were in the middle of a gig, because I've kind of come to expect it (much as I think U2 have never done an acoustic performance better than a full band version of the same song). But trying to promote the album this way is baffling.
I highly suspect the acoustic portions of the concerts are to give Larry a break because of his various physical issues, what with his back or wrists or whatever.

So, here's the little set they played on BBC Radio today:

1. The Miracle
2. Every Breaking Wave
3. Cedarwood Road
4. Song for Someone
5. Stuck in a Moment

I missed the first three because I was in a work meeting but the last two were full band acoustic. Edge is all about the piano right now.

Remember that article where Adam was talking about doing a different concert format? Im begining to wonder if we're going to get one night full band, one night acoustic..

If they do that, hopefully they announce beforehand which are which. While I don't mind the acoustic stuff, I definitely don't want that show if I only end up attending one show on this tour.

Surely U2 wouldn't do a full acoustic concert. Can you imagine how lame acoustic Streets would be?

Yeah, I can't imagine they would do that, unless they were really, really careful about how they announced it. Can you imagine how pissed all the casual fans would be to show up to an all-acoustic show?

However Springsteen did his deal for his acoustic Tom Joad tour or whatever tour that was ... even then, he had some rowdy shits who apparently didn't get the memo.

I'm picturing the stage will just be a two seater couch and cardboard cutouts of Adam and Larry. I think Bono would be bored after about 5 songs.

Come on, people. There's no way this is going to happen. Not sure what the strategy is behind the acoustic promo, but if the band is hell-bent on being relevant and attracting open minded kids, they won't be touring with his setup.

Back
Top Bottom