Shuttlecock III: Raped by Wolves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That really, really early demo where Edge's amp is knocked over in the middle of the song.

So, lads. Let's play a theoretical. One song that the Cock have never played live is coming back on this tour. What song is it?

If they've never played it live then how exactly is it "coming back"?

At any rate I'd go with something totally lame like Peace on Earth or White as Snow.

Hey, folks?

Can we stop feeding the troll? No one wants him here. Stop adding fuel to the fire and just ignore, talk about something else.

This back-and-forth is pointless.

If you are speaking to me ...been a U2 fan longer...been part of this forum just as long...I have been trying to encourage talking about something else. Change the name of the thread...get rid of the raped part.

I would assume they would have literally had to play it live at some point to record the studio version

unless it was stitched together from nonconsecutive live parts

Drowning Man (they've rehearsed, but never pulled the trigger)

and maybe kick the tires on a full-band If God Would Send His Angels (one play in April 97)

I would assume they would have literally had to play it live at some point to record the studio version

unless it was stitched together from nonconsecutive live parts

Drowning Man

and maybe kick the tires on a full-band If God Would Send His Angels (one play in April 97)

I would take a chance and go if I had a shot at either of those.

Can anyone imagine U2 playing Exit live ever again? No, and not just because of the controversy that attended it the first time. I don't think they do intense, anymore.

Or maybe you're the only one who cares and keeps preventing the rest of us from having mindless fun playing shuttlecock.

Don't lie, you aren't having any fun.

Have we all been endorsing prostitution this entire time?

:faint:

I never heard anything about Tony Danza in tiny dancer, but I demand someone point me to the part of the song where they heard it. Also, don't even say the name Tony Danza, it is a crime against real actors everywhere and upsets people.

Tony Danza being a school teacher is my favorite most depressing thing, ever, I'm pretty sure.

Can anyone imagine U2 playing Exit live ever again? No, and not just because of the controversy that attended it the first time. I don't think they do intense, anymore.

I can hear Exit lead in by Helter Skelter and then Bono saying " we don't really mean it"

In my silly tour predictions on U2gigs I've suggested Drowning Man, Promenade, Luminous Times, and Acrobat as faint chances for debut live performances. I've also suggested North and South of the River, which was only done once, and when I get up to HTDAAB I'm going to suggest A Man and a Woman, likewise only done once.

Every U2 tour since Elevation has had at least one old song played live for the first time, so hopefully the next tour will continue the trend.

And here you all thought I was the most annoying poster from the other place to invade your happy corner once in while.

I'll admit: I find using rape in shuttlecock a bit unfortunate and sometimes even some of the other titles make me wince. But hardly worth a protracted argument; if people don't understand the roots of shuttlecock or agree with it's premise they should probably stay away.

The mutt is just being a fuckwit and should keep wandering till he/she finds their home again.

Sent from my ass crack

I reckon Love Is Blindness has to be a good chance of returning for the next tour..

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

I reckon Love Is Blindness has to be a good chance of returning for the next tour..

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Maybe..but it and The Troubles would be kindof competing for the same mood/sonic landscape, dont you think?

Mind you, that never stopped them from playing similar examples..

Sent from my ass crack

Stray dog, you need to drop this. IWB has explained herself. If you find it unsatisfactory then that's fine, but she doesn't actually owe you an explanation, and if you're only in here to complain about the title and raise concern about rape and usage of the word, then yes, you are concern trolling, and no, it's not okay.

Move on.

Back
Top Bottom