Shouldn't we collect together what Dalkey said?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inner El Guapo

War Child
Well, if he's the Edge, and it appears that he just might have been, shouldn't we get together all the info he shared?

I tried to do the best I could, not a premium member, so I had to manually "search" through the threads and stuff.

*-he said that Miracle Drug/Xanax and Wine are not the same song.
*-he said that 7 of the 11 "supposed" tracklisting is right.
assuming this is the 6 from U2.com plus ABOY (?)
*-he said there was a short instrumental track on the album

I don't know where the thread is where he mentioned the instrumental, but I remember reading it at some point (can someone find this please?)

Please add more!!

He said the album was called "How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb?" (with the question mark)...
And that is false.

Why not?

People keep hinting that we won't be hearing from him/her anymore so we should try to match all the hints etc he/she gave...

It was my impression that Dalkey was the Edge. Same avatar, dalkey beach is where the Edge lives, and the mods defended his obvious trollish activities indicating dalkey had some kind of "in" with the mods/ interference.

I'd like to see a gathering of all the dalkey quotes/ info. Some of it was interesting.

Flying FuManchu said:
dalkey indicated that Bono is "afraid" of the internet (probably meaning he isn't that connected to it) and Bono still types with one finger.

I remember an interview with Bono and he carries his laptop with him everywhere however he did say he was a lousy typist...HMMMM.

I found this post particularly interesting.

Originally posted by pittTodd:
this isnt the album version (version from the spanards)....the bridge is different and there is no power outage sound...this may be the single version

Dalkey's reply
Thats Jacknifes version.

Because I have nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon...

Thread: (03-10-2004) Exclusive: New U2 2005-2006 Tour News - Interference.com*
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1528790#post1528790
This appears to be the case. Fasten your seatbelts

Thread: album is finished? stadium tour?
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1528791#post1528791
(+ 2 posts)

Thread: Special U2 show for Interference
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1530733#post1530733
How many people think it would be a great evening if U2 were play a special arena show for all 18,193 Interference members? Proceeds to charity?
(+1 post)

Thread: (09-02-2004) McCormick Offers More Comments on New U2 Album - Interference.com*
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1700949#post1700949

U2 by U2

Cd/Dvd/Book

Thread: Opening night setlist
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1701607#post1701607
All Because of You
Gloria
In Gods Country
Exit
Love and Peace or Else
Peace on Earth
Walk On
Do You Feel Loved
God Part II
Tough
Stuck in a Moment
Electric Co.
Wire
Hands That Built America
Elevation
Full Metal Jacket

With or Without You
New Years Day
Pride

Beautiful Day
Electrical Storm

:bono: :edge: :larry: :adam:

They asked to be emailed clips of Love and Peace or Else and Miracle Drug.

Various posts at the 'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station - pt12 thread starting here: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1706279#post1706279

Thread: MERGED-->How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb? + atu2 received 2nd confirmation
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1709669#post1709669

How to dimantle an Atomic Bomb?

The answer is inside the record "Love"

get it?:edge:
(+ various posts)

More later.

Last edited:
Phalanx said:
I have a hard time believing Streets won't be in the setlists.

I have a hard time believing if Dalkey was Edge that he would have so much time to waste hanging around here!:wink:

biff said:

I have a hard time believing if Dalkey was Edge that he would have so much time to waste hanging around here!:wink:

He seems to run on very little sleep judging by the times of his comments. Perhaps hes one of those lucky ones that doesnt need much sleep to function and has more hours in the day to kill than most of the rest of us. :shrug:

beli said:

He seems to run on very little sleep judging by the times of his comments. Perhaps hes one of those lucky ones that doesnt need much sleep to function and has more hours in the day to kill than most of the rest of us. :shrug:

Are you talking about Dalkey or "the real Interference-certified Edge"? If it's the latter, then all three posts have been made when it was morning in Ireland (7:00-7:30). Not an unusual time for someone to be up who has small kids.

dalkey was part of the infamous Indie 103 threads, near the end, after the station didn't play 'vertigo'. starsgoblue, myself and a few others went back and forth with dalkey. the posts seemed sincere that there would be actions taken by the right people and he seemed assuring that he would be at PM to let them know. so if anyone cares enough to go back to the last thread of that topic, theres some material there. I think there were 7 or 8 threads that night.

mofo82 said:
dalkey was part of the infamous Indie 103 threads, near the end, after the station didn't play 'vertigo'. starsgoblue, myself and a few others went back and forth with dalkey. the posts seemed sincere that there would be actions taken by the right people and he seemed assuring that he would be at PM to let them know. so if anyone cares enough to go back to the last thread of that topic, theres some material there. I think there were 7 or 8 threads that night.

Actually there was 12. :wink:
And Dalkey's posts were in thread #12 (Unless he posted in some other ones, I don't quite remember) .I just finished reading them. Interesting.

Last edited:
The Edge that posts now may be the "real" thing, but he doesn't sound like
his interviews I've read.
Call me skeptical....but I think it's not Edge.

Oh comeon people, what is with all these fukin dalkey threads? HE'S A FAKE, THE ADMINS CAUGHT HIM OUT AGES AGO. The information he gave out was recycled obscure news info. Please, people, no more on this character. You should hopefully all know by now he's a phoney. Sorry if I seem a tad harsh, but let it go!

RockNRollDawgie said:
The Edge that posts now may be the "real" thing, but he doesn't sound like
his interviews I've read.
Call me skeptical....but I think it's not Edge.

Well you'd be very wrong. By not believing that it really is the Edge, you're calling Elvis (the dude who knows U2 and runs the site) an outright liar! If he says it is the Edge, which he has, then that should be enough evidence. No one in his postition would be stupid enough to lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom