She's gone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
I have not posted on the forums for almost two weeks, because my mother passed away on August 30th. :sad: She had a bad heart, and that morning she had fallen and broke a rib. The hosptial would not keep her, and sent her home. She was in so much pain I could not get her comfortable in any way. I called back the hospital and told them she was much worst since she had left, and they told me to bring she back and that they would reavowelawait (sp?) her. I called the ambulance, and then I went over to the couch where my mom was laying and I could get no resoponse from her. Her eyes and mouth were open, and I kept asking her her to speak to me. I knew she was dead and I was holding her in my arms. When the ambulance people came they told me she did not have a pulse and was not breathing. I knew she was gone and would never be coming back. (My one Aunt was with with all during this.) They took her to the hospital and worked on her, and then the doctors told me she did not die form a boken rib, but she had had a heart attack. I wanted to say to them do you think I am that stupid. My brothers and I buried her a week ago yesterday. I took care of my mom for 4 years and she was doing so good until she had this fall. I know that she is with my dad who died from cancer almost 5 years ago, but my heart aches so bad for my mom. She was not only my mother , but my best friend. I am going to meet with they hospital people to tell them I felt they were negligent, and I don't want this to happen to anyone else. I don't know how I will get through this, but I just have to take it one day at a time. Her home goes to me for I have been taking care of her all these years. My brothers went back home and now I am all alone in this empty house with out my mom not being here. I miss her so much. :(

I am so sorry for your loss :hug: :hug: :hug:
Indeed, it sounds like the hospital was extremely more than negligent. As with most heart patients...they should have never sent her home. They should have kept her around for observation. If you wish to pursue this...as I think you should...I say go ahead with it. Sounds like they screwed up big time. What the hospital dismissed as a broken rib...was an underlying heart problem that needed immediate attention.
My prayers and hugs go out to you. Stay strong, love, and remember we are all here for you. :hug: :heart:

it's "re-evaluate". And to be honest...they should taken care of your mom the first time around. It's called a misdiagnosis. They should catch things going wrong the FIRST time around. They should not have the convenience of "re-evaluations" every time they screw up with a patient.
I say talk to a lawyer asap. They screwed up big time. You hang in there, and definitely get in contact with a lawyer. :hug:

Last edited:
Oh no....I thought she was doing so well, this is such shock :( :sad:

I can't even imagine how you must feel right now. Like Iris said, we're all here for you if you need anything. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

I am so sorry, I was wondering why you hadn't been around. I know it won't bring your mom back, but it does sound like the hospital was negligent. These big-wigs can be pretty sneaky, it would really be wisest to consult with a lawyer before having any formal meetings with anyone...

Again, my deepest condolences :(

i'm so sorry to hear that. :hug:

i can only imagine how you feel, just know my sympathies will be with you. but i fear i may be starting up one of these threads (parent dying) soon too. you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. :sad:

Word cannot help ease the torment of losing a parent. My mother passed away years ago now..but every year when the anniversary comes up, or her birthday, it seems like yesterday.

My mom's birthday is Sept. 1...this is bad time for me. I dont think anyone really can say the right thing to make the hurt go away. But knowing that you have people around who care, is comforting.

Although my mothers passing was not as sudden as yours was...not to mention unexpected..my grandmothers passing was.

She was so healthy....she took care of herself..she was never sick..she was only 68 when she passed on...but I still remember how it all came down and it was eons ago..the stories you read about the elderly people being taken advantage of and trust people who steal from them..so very true that is...My grandmother somehow became involved with a homeopathic doctor...and by involved I just mean she was introduced to him and sucked in to his way of thinking...I think he saw $$$...he got her to purchase this supplemental drink that is kind of like Slimfast I guess..but not really..anyhow..one day we found that she grew ill and noone knew why..she went into the hospital..my dad went to her house to pick up some things..and all he found in the house were these cans by the case...no food to speak of...no wonder she was sick..well she died that day...I still think they should have sued that doctor..

anyhow...it just slips through your fingers very suddenly..you dont have time to catch your breath or blink and its gone...times like that when you become very aware of what is precious and dear and you hold on as tight as you can.

As everyone said..rely on friends and family..they can give you so much comfort at times like these.

Be safe and well

Wow... :sad: I know how devastated I will be when I eventually lose my mother, I am so sorry to hear this. :hug:

guaca, what a terrible story! I am so sorry! :( :hug:

:hug: Sweetie, I am so sorry to hear about this. You did a great thing for your mum, by being with her right to the end, and I know that would have meant so much to her. Please be strong, and don't let yourself be alone - you loved your mum so much, so you must have a whole lot of love to share with others too. Take care of yourself, honey ... this is when you need to look after your own needs too.

:hug: :sad: I'm so sorry to hear this Tiny Dancer. Take care of yourself and stay strong- we are all thinking and praying for you. :hug:

How awful for you to go through that :( I'm so sorry. I dont blame you for being angry at the hospital. Good luck and please take care :hug:

Thank you all for your kind and caring thoughts. You have all given me comfort and that helps me more than you know. It will take time and a lot of efford to get over this. I just have to take it even one moment at a time, as well as days. Again thank you for caring. You feel like family to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom