Setlists for a hypothetical late 2019 tour of Australia, NZ, Asia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt like there were wide number of ages on all three tours in the 00s. Even on the 360 shows I saw in 2011. But then in 2017 with the Joshua Tree shows, it seemed like there was no one in their 20s or 30s. People in their 40s and 50s, and some teenagers obviously brought along by the parents. With the exception of the few teenagers, I felt like I was one of the younger people at the shows which I had not felt since ZOO TV in 1992, or POPMART in 1997. It would make sense to since the most number of people joined up in the years 1985 to 1993. Their increased success in the 00s I think was from a combination of older fans coming back to the fold and some newer millennials jumping on board. It seems those people have now left.

This is specific to the United States, although I sense in some other countries there may be some similar situations.

Maybe some fans felt that if they loved somebody, they had to set them free.

Free, free, set them free.

U2 can charge exorbitant amounts and reduce the benefits of the fan club membership, and they’ll still have many of these longtime fans wrapped around their finger.

luckily with so much open space on the GA floor those aussie fans wont have to worry about someone saying "don't stand so close to me".

I only have one piece of advice: if you’re going to one of these shows by yourself, definitely try to get a GA ticket, because if you’re in the seats you’re going to feel so lonely up there.

It's going to be so hot waiting in the GA line some Aussies will be driven to tears. The days will be so hot they'll be screaming "bring on the night".

If they were going to announce it, I wonder when they would do so at the latest. After Sydney and Auckland 2 were announced without Melbourne 2, I kinda expected it to be announced at the same time as Singapore.

I’ve a feeling either they’re waiting to see how Syd 2 sells Or possibly given Marvel is would fit more than the SCG we are stuck with one show?

:shrug:

Shit easy to get tickets for Auckland and Sydney 2 in the LN presale today :up:

Thanks. So looks like no LN presale.

And I know Singapore is expensive but those prices :sad:
It's actually cheaper than I expected. Significantly cheaper than Japan, which is a little unexpected to me (after comparing a few other acts, to determine where I wanted to travel to).

GA's in Singapore are 137 USD (compared to 183 USD in Japan, & 91 USD in Oz).

RZ's in Singapore are 430 USD (compared to 555 USD in Japan, & 380 USD in Oz from memory).

CAT1's in Singapore are 269 USD (compared to 359 USD in Japan, & 259 USD in Oz).

The GA prices in Japan shocked me, double the price of Oz! Meaning I'll only see one show in Japan.

At Marvel tonight, as soon as the quarter time siren went, they played a tour promo with the Streets intro. I may have got a bit excited.

Only using 1/3 of the stadium , if that. What’s the stadium hold and have any western artists been there, pretty sure I’ve heard Coldplay and Ed Sheeran holding gigs there

Coldplay
March 31, 2017/April 1, 2017
Singapore
Singapore National Stadium
Attendance: 102,508
Gross: $12,517,500
Shows: 2
Sellouts: 2
Average Ticket Price: $122.11

Ed Sheeran
April 26, 2019
Singapore
Singapore National Stadium
Attendance: 49,810
Gross: $5,565,410
Shows: 1
Sellouts: 1
Average Ticket Price: $111.73

I saw that in Bangkok, Coldplay did this sideways stadium method for their 2017 show there. They still ended up with over 60,000 people, so maybe this won’t be too bad.

Just looked on wiki the stadium holds 55k for concerts. Looking at that seating plan it’s got to be half that for the u2 gig

Madonna played to just less then 20k on the rebel heart tour , one direction did just less then 30k on one of their tours . I’d have thought the layout will be closer to the Madonna show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom