Setlists for a hypothetical late 2019 tour of Australia, NZ, Asia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been studying the maps. Melbourne is almost sold out. There is one section of the really expensive seats still mostly unsold, otherwise the only sections left just have a smattering of singles. If you want one of the cheap seats you're going by yourself at this stage.

Meanwhile, RIGHT NOW you can still get GA for Adelaide, Brisbane, and Perth.

I’ll get Adelaide closer to and join you all.

I hope the setlists will have some changes night to night but I’m not expecting that. Reckon it’ll be 23-24 songs over the whole leg, 21-22 per night.

Given the quick sales and obvious room left for a 2nd night, I’d say a 2nd Melbourne show is 99% going to happen. Who knows why it isn’t announced along with Sydney and Auckland?

Maybe they’re saving the announcement for the 2nd gig so it goes on sale later in the week, like Friday for example when some people in this thread get paid.

:shifty:

They could be using Sydney as a barometer for whether to add that second Melbourne show, and whether they'll sell tickets on level 3 or not.

Remember that setlists are decided by 5 people, not just 4. Our biggest hope on this could be Willie williams. He often has input, and makes suggestions on setlists. He doesn't like repeating themselves, likes shows evolving, and already has to settle for same stage/screen/production on this tour so hopefully that means his mind is focused on hatching some plots and scheming some schemes for an evolved setlist from 2017. Hopefully?

Meanwhile, RIGHT NOW you can still get GA for Adelaide, Brisbane, and Perth.

Once again, possible evidence that many U2 fans have not stayed in shape as they have aged. How else would you explain not purchasing the ticket that gets you closer to the band at a lower price. Plus in a stadium, the seated sections are much further away from the stage when compared with the arena.

Maybe they just like the comfort of having a reserve seat? Or don't want to queue or stand all night?

GA for Brisbane is gone.

Last edited:
I am a fairly young fan (37), and I will probably never do GA again. I’ve done the whole wait in line all day to be along the rail enough times, I’ll leave that for somebody else. It’s not that I’m not in shape and can’t take the standing... I simply would rather show up whenever I want and have a seat with my name on it. Plus I’m tall and have broad shoulders, and I always feel so bad for the people behind me. I find myself crouching to not obstruct their view too much, and then I am in serious pain later.

I think as the fan base ages, a lot of others feel like me.

I don't know what it will be like for Australia

I have a pretty good idea:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I don't know what it will be like for Australia, but in the US you could walk in fairly close to show time and get a great spot

You'll be able to walk in when Noel begins and get a good enough spot.

I plan to walk in about then after defeating you and sinking a number of celebratory pints of Fo–...ur Pines.

As for the Melbourne sales, half of section 234 is left and still just that smattering of singles elsewhere. The show will definitely sell out, the question is whether they plump for a second night. I reckon they could obviously sell it, maybe with the need to close off some sections, but still in the 35,000-40,000 ballpark. Either they sit around doing nothing on 16/11 or they take the cash from a second show. Why not take the latter? This should be a no-brainer.

I wonder if it will be announced alongside confirmation of the Singapore details.

It is also possible we get more Tokyo/Seoul gigs, there's theoretically space, but I see that as extremely unlikely.

Seoul tickets should be going on sale in a few hours. They could definitely do another show if the demand is there.

As for Japan, I think it’ll stay at 2. Singapore looks like a 1-show situation, especially if the show takes place at their National Stadium.

Just checked Melbourne's seating map. There are basically only singles left, except for one section that strangely has a lot of unsold tickets, probably a couple hundred. They are at the highest price range, but pretty far back. They must be trying to squeeze every last dollar for this show before adding the 2nd.

Perth is going to be one of those shows that will take from now until the show to sell out, with some prices being reduced in some areas. No cause for alarm, this is standard practice in the concert industry now. The Indianapolis show I went to in 2017 looked pretty bleak at first, but after some reductions in price and "Strategic selling", it filled out and had over 50,000 there. I imagine Perth and Adelaide will be that kind of show. All that matters is that it's mostly full by show day, and that it makes them enough money to want to return someday.

Once again, possible evidence that many U2 fans have not stayed in shape as they have aged. How else would you explain not purchasing the ticket that gets you closer to the band at a lower price. Plus in a stadium, the seated sections are much further away from the stage when compared with the arena.

Oh you

As for the Melbourne sales, half of section 234 is left and still just that smattering of singles elsewhere. The show will definitely sell out, the question is whether they plump for a second night. I reckon they could obviously sell it, maybe with the need to close off some sections, but still in the 35,000-40,000 ballpark. Either they sit around doing nothing on 16/11 or they take the cash from a second show. Why not take the latter? This should be a no-brainer.

I wonder if it will be announced alongside confirmation of the Singapore details.

It is also possible we get more Tokyo/Seoul gigs, there's theoretically space, but I see that as extremely unlikely.

Who knows what demand is like in Japan & Seoul. With the weird lottery system Japan general sales aren't until July, so they couldn't wait until then, & had to lock-in the second Japan show. Seoul is the smallest venue on the tour I believe. A totally weird layout, inside a baseball arena, where sales to nearly half the seats are eliminated, as they're behind the stage. No idea about a second show, but it's a possibility.

I reckon a second Melbourne show is in the bag. I'd expect they're milking Melbourne, trying to sell those last expensive tickets. A second show could be announced when Singapore is announced, & a possible second Seoul show.

Just checked Melbourne's seating map. There are basically only singles left, except for one section that strangely has a lot of unsold tickets, probably a couple hundred. They are at the highest price range, but pretty far back. They must be trying to squeeze every last dollar for this show before adding the 2nd.

Thank you for repeating the info I've already stated in posts right above yours. :lol:

Who knows what demand is like in Japan & Seoul. With the weird lottery system Japan general sales aren't until July, so they couldn't wait until then, & had to lock-in the second Japan show. Seoul is the smallest venue on the tour I believe. A totally weird layout, inside a baseball arena, where sales to nearly half the seats are eliminated, as they're behind the stage. No idea about a second show, but it's a possibility.

Wow, I didn't realise just how bizarre the Japanese sales method is. In that case let's absolutely exclude the possibility of a third show being added on 1 December. I've already said how extremely unusual it would be for that to happen in the first place, but until Singapore gets added to that gap it was a theoretical possibility.

If you want two seats next to each other, the cheapest tickets are $377 x2. A second show should really be a no brainer.

Remember that setlists are decided by 5 people, not just 4. Our biggest hope on this could be Willie williams. He often has input, and makes suggestions on setlists. He doesn't like repeating themselves, likes shows evolving, and already has to settle for same stage/screen/production on this tour so hopefully that means his mind is focused on hatching some plots and scheming some schemes for an evolved setlist from 2017. Hopefully?

That's a great point! Also, since the tour will be about a dozen or so shows, it isn't as much of a marathon which miiiiiiiiiiiight (maybe, probably not, but who knows, we can always hope) make them want to switch it up too. Fewer shows -> less of a slog -> less of a reason to stick to a safe script for the ENTIRE set.

Ax, That’s kind of embarrassing... I promise that when I wrote that post I hadn’t read yours. I actually did look at the map for myself. Very weird... sorry.

Because I only log in whenever Halley's Comet passes by, thought I'd drop by and say that U2 are the biggest bunch of effin bastards and I'm not paying $350plus to sit in effin Adelaide Oval.

Instead I paid 200 effin bucks to be vaguely in the same postcode in Adelaide Oval. :angry:

It's a race to the end: whose bad back will give out first, mine or Bono's...

Hi folks! :wave:

Because I only log in whenever Halley's Comet passes by, thought I'd drop by and say that U2 are the biggest bunch of effin bastards and I'm not paying $350plus to sit in effin Adelaide Oval.

Instead I paid 200 effin bucks to be vaguely in the same postcode in Adelaide Oval. :angry:

It's a race to the end: whose bad back will give out first, mine or Bono's...

Hi folks! :wave:

Holy shit look who it is! :wave:

You should've got GAs to join Bonnie, Vlad, and me. And friggin' Cobbler if he gets his act together. Hey Cobbs, don't wait until "closer to", there are STILL GAs available for Adelaide right now.

(Perth GAs still available too. Brisbane's ones are finally gone.)

Ax, That’s kind of embarrassing... I promise that when I wrote that post I hadn’t read yours. I actually did look at the map for myself. Very weird... sorry.

Haha no it's cool, I'm kinda glad somebody is seeing the same map as me and drawing the same inferences, and that Ticketbastard isn't being screwy by giving everyone different maps to try to guide sales in various nefarious ways.

GA??? G bleedin' A? Are you mad? I'm one step away from a Zimmer frame these days, but I will come down on the day and look at you all in the sheep's run and point and laugh, yep...

Reptile (remember him) is doing GA in Adelaide and Melbourne, but I already knew he's insane...

(Actually, I'm going to be keeping an eye out for when Ticketek realise noone in Adelaide is gonna pay $350, cos we is poor, and the prices will mysteriously change....)

Last edited:
Haha, I doubt I will show up much more than a few minutes before Noel starts his support set! No way in hell am I queuing.

Hell, I even got on the rail showing up at like 6pm at one 2017 show. Admittedly it was about as far to the end of the rail as possible, but you know.

Wow, I didn't realise just how bizarre the Japanese sales method is. In that case let's absolutely exclude the possibility of a third show being added on 1 December. I've already said how extremely unusual it would be for that to happen in the first place, but until Singapore gets added to that gap it was a theoretical possibility.
Yeah, it's certainly a weird system. It's the reason I got a u2.com membership for the first time in years. Wanted to get in early & get my tickets before the general sale lottery craziness began. I go GA, but for those in seats, you have absolutely know idea where you'll be seated, other than choosing either category 1 or 2 tickets. Enter your CC details, for the general sale lottery wait a month until you find out whether you've been successful getting tickets.

The other real reason to get the membership is because there's no GA lines. You enter the arena in THE ORDER THAT TICKETS WERE PURCHASED. So a Red Hill group membership should get a great spot, with zero waiting. Only thing that throws a spanner in the works is that there was a separate pre-sale for locals & foreigners. Who knows who will be entering first.

Korea uses the same GA ranking system. I know guys that have ticket numbers around 30. So they'll be some of the first people entering the arena, without having to wait.

No lottery for Seoul though. Looks like the seats have sold very well, though there was still lots of GA's left, last I heard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom