September 20, 21 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA-who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEED SOME HELP, BOSTON FANS!

hi, guys. so I'm going to the show on the 21st, I'm coming up from NYC. I don't have a car, so I think we might take the greyhound, but I need some advice about navigating. the city...

1. is the greyhound station in a good area for sightseeing? if not, how can I get to a good area buy public transporation?

The Greyhound is above South Station, which isn't too far from the waterfront. The Red and Silver line subway are also at South Station, so you can easily get to a lot of tourist type things from there. Definitely follow vjacqb's advice and visit the MBTA website.

2. it seems gillette stadium isn't accessible by public transporation. true? should I rent a zipcar for a few hours to get down there or take a taxi, which cheaper? the zipcar would be about $45 split 2 ways
Do not even think about taking a taxi if you're coming from Boston. Seriously. It will cost you a fortune. Maybe the zipcar or Rockbus which I'm sure would be much cheaper than a taxi, even if you are tied to a schedule.

3. how IS public transportation in boston?
It's decent. You can pretty much get to most places throughout the city by subway and short walk. You get into trouble when to navigate to the outer suburbs.

4. what should I see while I'm there, it's my first time!?
It really is a matter of what you're into. My family are all about bars, the beach, and outlet stores. ;) Check out this site for ideas.

thanks for any help you can give!!!! :cute:
You're welcome :)

If you're a baseball fan, take a tour of Fenway Park. The Sam Adams Brewery isn't too far from Fenway. It's $2 admission for a tour of the brewery and I think you get a few samples of beer. Bonoishot and I will probably be taking a tour of that. :hyper:

For shopping, head down to Newbury Street. There are a lot of great secondhand shops, restaurants, and my favorite, Newbury Comics, a record store. :love: There are a few of them in Boston, but the original is on Newbury Street. Off-topic, but one opened up the next town over from me on Route One. :love:

The MBTA(or the T) is pretty easy to figure out. I still have to double-check to make sure I'm on the right route on the green line though. :reject:

Random Boston question: is there public transportation to get to a cranberry bog? (and how far away from town, like, half an hour, a couple hours?) IDK, we just think it'd be cool to go visit a cranberry bog.

Believe it or not, there is apparently one right by Patriot Place in Foxborough! See this article.

There are others listed here, too.

In 28 days we will be getting ready for the gathering and starting the festivities off

Good idea. Cellphone numbers all around. Maybe one person could compile the list then pm it to everyone involved. Real names would be nice too. Might be best if we send them all to Dayglo since she's the one kind of organizing the meet-up. Just let us know if that's okay DG.

That's OK by me. :D

And good idea on the real names part. It would be weird to walk up to you and say, "what's up U2FloridaFan?" :lol:

PM me and I'll forward the list of names, numbers, etc to the attendees.

Oh might also be good to include where you're staying (for those of us staying at hotels) in case we want to do any carpooling. Just a thought.

18 Costa Rica people coming on 18 for Sunday concert

Hi all,

I am from Costa Rica, my brother and I are going with 16 other people from CR. we are arriving on friday 6pm, our date is Sunday 20.

We are planning to tour the city, I have been reading your suggestions, so if you see 18 crazy Costa Rica people so you know its me.

We know that a tribute band named joshua tree will be around that weekend so we are planning either friday nite of saturday nite to join, take some beers, see the city.

I really hope U2 plays BAD, can someone call PRINCIPLE MANAGEMENT AND TELL THEM THEY MUST PLAY BAD !!!

see you around.

:wave:

a must

if any of you visit boston then the brendan behan jamaica plain,ger brennan from naas co kildare owns this pub,big u2 fan so!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper:

Costa Rica?! Cool.

SO, anyone here staying in Boston and have a car? We're now looking to carpool, 2 people Sunday, 3 on Monday. Obviously will pitch in gas/parking $.

rosephile, I think we'll end up renting a zipcar (for Sunday). Do you have GAs? If you are willing to leave at ~10ish we'd love to carpool. (two of us, my wife and I).

Is the stadium really far outside Boston? If anyone has a space in a car then I'd be willing to chip in a contribution for costs. And beer too! Failing that, is there any public transport?

rosephile, I think we'll end up renting a zipcar (for Sunday). Do you have GAs? If you are willing to leave at ~10ish we'd love to carpool. (two of us, my wife and I).

Yep, GAs (my friend and I), and leaving around 10 would be fine! I haven't looked at a map yet to see where it is "in" Boston, but we'll be in Cambridge.

Is the stadium really far outside Boston? If anyone has a space in a car then I'd be willing to chip in a contribution for costs. And beer too! Failing that, is there any public transport?
It's about a 30-35 min drive from Boston. Are you coming to our meet-up on Saturday night? I'm sure we would all love to hear about all of your 360 experiences in Europe.

Meetup on 9/19? :hyper: Sorry, I've been neglecting this part of the forum for awhile. Sounds awesome if I'm free.

Meetup on 9/19? :hyper: Sorry, I've been neglecting this part of the forum for awhile. Sounds awesome if I'm free.

CBS Scene on the 19th at 7:30. :)

I'm making the reservation sometime next week, so if you or any other interferencers are planning on attending, let me know by next week. Hate to sound like a pain, but this is already up to 18 people. There's no way we can walk in on a Saturday night and expect to get a table without a reservation. :lol:

I arrive in Boston on the 19th so that meetup (meatup?) at the restaurant sounds great.

Thanks for that link ramblinrose, only thing is that all those buses leave in the afternoon. Even though I've got cheap seat tickets for the second show, I'm planning on loitering around the stadiums on both days meeting fans and digging the scene.

I'm starting to learn more about US geography, and that these stadiums are actually a bit like Ryanair airports in Europe i.e. they're not exactly in the big city they're linked to. And I'll be carless (and careless) in a car culture. A carless whisperer :)

I'm sure we would all love to hear about all of your 360 experiences in Europe.

Well I'd love to if I'd had that many. I think I only got up to sixteen, or maybe sixteen and a half experiences, and most of them are shrouded in an alcoholic haze :)

I'm starting to learn more about US geography, and that these stadiums are actually a bit like Ryanair airports in Europe i.e. they're not exactly in the big city they're linked to. And I'll be carless (and careless) in a car culture. A carless whisperer :)

You're absolutely right. I considered staying in Boston, but the thought of no public transport option and having to fight the traffic to get back to the city both nights quickly changed my mind.

You might also want to post in the "what do you have/need forum about needing a ride.

Hey everyone---big problem here---I broke my foot last week and will be in a cast for the next 6-8 weeks. My first thought was what am I going to do about the U2 concert:sad: Luckily, I have seats (some kind of weird foresight?) but I'm really worried about dealing with the crowds and crutches and pain!! Any thoughts? Anyone know if I can be moved to a handicapped section (if these exist?) Help!!!

Do you guys realize how huge the Claw is gonna look at Gillette? ha. It's such a small stadium. The catwalk will pass beyond the 50 yard line. The silver thingy will be above the stadium itself. I was there last month. Looking at the place and thinking "wow, every seat is gonna be a good one". Gonna be loud too. The Claw will take over the stadium ha

SMB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom