Sücka, Liechtenstein Superthread (300 Superthreads!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I so want to help with this "bootleg" in some way.

If we want it ready for the first anniversary, we've some work to do over the next thirteen days!

1. Find the best performances of all the songs that have been played live.
2. Mix crowd noise into the studio songs that have never been played.
3. Record ourselves singing the snippets that have never actually happened and mix them in.
4. Mix it all together so that it sounds like one seamless concert.

And there we go, perfect concert souvenir!

I imagine #1 and #3 will be easy and I presume #2 shouldn't be a challenge for anybody who knows how, but #4 could be a pain in the arse.

If we want it ready for the first anniversary, we've some work to do over the next thirteen days!

1. Find the best performances of all the songs that have been played live.
2. Mix crowd noise into the studio songs that have never been played.
3. Record ourselves singing the snippets that have never actually happened and mix them in.
4. Mix it all together so that it sounds like one seamless concert.

And there we go, perfect concert souvenir!

I imagine #1 and #3 will be easy and I presume #2 shouldn't be a challenge for anybody who knows how, but #4 could be a pain in the arse.

I'll be happy to help with #3 and #4. I'm fairly decent with mixing in Audacity. I did this whispery echo mix of Gravity Eyelids. It was pretty good, till my iPod crashed and ate it.

I'll be happy to help with #3 and #4. I'm fairly decent with mixing in Audacity. I did this whispery echo mix of Gravity Eyelids. It was pretty good, till my iPod crashed and ate it.

Awesomeness. I've got Audacity but I've never really done much with it, so I wouldn't really know how to do it myself.

For #3, I'd like to claim right now the honours on doing the One snippet/intro into One Tree Hill. I'm now compiling a list of what concerts would work for each song for #1. And plenty of my boots have audience noise tracks that could be mixed in to the studio songs.

Thank god 2FM are playing NLOTH tonight! The one track we didn't have.

Awesomeness. I've got Audacity but I've never really done much with it, so I wouldn't really know how to do it myself.

For #3, I'd like to claim right now the honours on doing the One snippet/intro into One Tree Hill. I'm now compiling a list of what concerts would work for each song for #1. And plenty of my boots have audience noise tracks that could be mixed in to the studio songs.

Thank god 2FM are playing NLOTH tonight! The one track we didn't have.

I know, what a stroke of luck!

Or U2 want to hear the bootleg, too, :lol:

Or U2 want to hear the bootleg, too, :lol:

They should actually PLAY the set on the 25th at the Kunstmuseum.

Only problem is, none of us would actually believe it.

What did the full Kunstmuseum setlist end up comprising? I would love to re-read it if anyone has it handy!

0. Intro: All You Need Is Love (Bono a cappella)
1. Beautiful Day / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Whaling (snippet)
2. No Line On The Horizon / Highway To Hell (snippet)
3. Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet) / She Loves You (snippet)
4. The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / Break On Through (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
5. 11 O'clock Tick Tock / Drowning Man (snippet)
6. MLK (snippet) / The Unforgettable Fire
7. She's A Mystery To Me
8. Flower Child
9. Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland)
10. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
11. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
12. Crumbs From Your Table / Electrical Storm (snippet)
13. Mercy
14. Exit / Riders On The Storm (snippet) / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
15. Please
16. Moby Dick (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / Pride (snippet)

17. Mofo
18. The Fly / Billy Boola (snippet)
19. Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet) / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet)
20. Angel Of Harlem / Suspicious Minds (snippet) / Young Liechtensteinians (snippet)
21. Fast Cars
22. Seconds

23. One (snippet) / One Tree Hill
24. Heartland
25. Bass Trap / Rowena's Theme (snippet)
26. A Sort Of Homecoming
27. Station to Station (snippet) / Bad / Let It Be (snippet) / Come Together (snippet) / Help! (snippet) / Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (snippet) / Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet) / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (snippet) / The First Time (snippet) / Revolution 9 (snippet) / Drunk Chicken/America (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / (Don't Fear) The Reaper (snippet) / John, I'm Only Dancing (snippet) / Gypsy Biker (snippet) / Candle in the Wind (snippet) / All Star (snippet) / Yellow Submarine (snippet) / 40 (snippet)

I just love what PFan did to Bad. That is some Fine Snippetry.

I just love what PFan did to Bad. That is some Fine Snippetry.

That is incredible.

I'm still amazed that that early in 2008 you guys already knew there was a song called NLOTH.

We had the beach clip of NLOTH that far back, though at the time I think it was just a fan working title based on what U2 had indicated in interviews.

I'm still not voting for War Survivor. I even listened to it today and I'm still lost.

Muffins are now available from my kitchen.

(Actually, I really should get my act together and bake that batch of muffins I've been meaning to do all week ...)

Muffins are now available from my kitchen.

(Actually, I really should get my act together and bake that batch of muffins I've been meaning to do all week ...)

:lol: You can buy my vote for every round if you want to.

Hey Bonnie! How's the respecting going?

What the fuck are those shitheads in EYKIW doing? Voting for Like a fucking Song! The second best song on the album.

Also, my amp sold. So hopefully next Monday afternoon I'll be ordering up a vintage Vox.

Also, my amp sold. So hopefully next Monday afternoon I'll be ordering up a vintage Vox.

Nice.

I'm guessing that there is just a core group of Like A Song detractors and their numbers won't grow that much. I recall that in Rest Of U2 Survivor, it ultimately came down to LAS vs Seconds and LAS came out just marginally on top thanks to being such a strong fan favourite, and despite its poor performance at the moment, I expect the same to happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom