RTÉ 2XM played the NLOTH B-Side Today (Discussion Only)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am waiting for the dam cockatoo!
SUC, Breathe and IGCIIDGCT (is that the longest acro ever for them?) are what i am waitng for, COL too-

HMTMKMKM comes close, but it's one letter shorter. Still pretty damn long, though. :lol:

I'm kind of surprised by how much disappointment there is with this song. To each their own, but it must be the people who aren't looking for much change. This is about as big a departure from the typical 'U2 sound' that they've had since '97.

I agree, I like the 45 seconds of version2 (starts just short of 25 seconds in) better than the same 45 seconds from the clip.

Im trying not to listen to the rest of the 45 second clips so cant say which one fits in better, but I just like the noise of version2.

I loved the song. Especially Bono's vocals, some of the best in years. I dunno why, but the song reminds me of "The Fly" for some reason. GOYB was sorta meh, but better at the grammys. Seriously, the wait for this album is killing me, I even dreamt about the 30-second clips last night, its crazy.

Interesting, the bridge is my favorite part of the song, next to the final chorus. Now this may offend some people, but the beginning of this song, when the beat kicks in, reminds me of that Hillary Duff song. "There's people talking....talking about me..." - I D.J. parties in my spare time, and unfortunately that means having to endure all this mainstream crap.

Back to Bono's vocals. If he could pull it off, i'd say way to go Bono. But he just always sounds out of breath and shaky when he tries for that high pitch these days. Yea, A for effort, A for the passion...but I'm sorry you get a C for execution.

Methinks it's intentional. Bono can sing in in a much less strained way up high if he wants to, as he showed on the Vertigo Tour, etc.

Kind of surprised with the lack of approval with Boots. I love it, the chorus is just great, but then I'm big into the harmonies of U2. Just flows very well. It's a great glam rock song to me, and very ballsy to release probably the weakest track on the album.

Anyway, this NLOTH2 is interesting to say the least. Can't wait to hear the album version.

I loved the song. Especially Bono's vocals, some of the best in years. I dunno why, but the song reminds me of "The Fly" for some reason. GOYB was sorta meh, but better at the grammys. Seriously, the wait for this album is killing me, I even dreamt about the 30-second clips last night, its crazy.

Guitar sounds like from 'lady with a spinning head' that is why you can hear a 'flyish' resemblance

Absolutely love it. Basically we have an amazing remix of what sounds like an amazing song that should be a single, and will kick off each concert. It's got all sorts of little rhythmic and melodic changes. Really rollicking, groovy. Influences: Ultraviolet, Indian Summer Sky.

This passage from wiki's page on the Unforgettable Fire seems appropriate to describing the impromptu lyrics on NLOTH:

"The last two weeks of recording, however, were a panicked scramble to finish the lyrics, such that Bono felt songs like "Bad" and "Pride In The Name of Love" were left as incomplete "sketches". Bono later said that "The Unforgettable Fire was a beautifully out-of-focus record, blurred like an impressionist painting, very unlike a billboard or an advertising slogan.""

The Unforgettable Fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Other than the bridge, which goes absolutely nowhere, I'm warming up to this. It'll be more appreciated by me once I get bored with the album version.

I know others have mentioned this, but I like Edge's prominent singing during the chorus after the shouting part.

I can't get enough of this song. This is for me definitely the best new release since I became a fan more than 10 years ago.

I hope they start the show with this one.

Absolutely love it. Basically we have an amazing remix of what sounds like an amazing song that should be a single...

:up:
This and Boots could have easily been a double A-side. Besides, this seems to be more a "Revolution"/"Revolution 1" situation than a straight-up remix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom