Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop this bullshit, Lucas does not stereotype....neither would Spielberg.

thumbsup.jpg

shortround.jpg

NSW, Captain Katanga is not amused.

Seriously.....I know YLB's answer already....but, is there anyone in here that would NOT watch an Indy spin-off called "The nautical adventures of Captain Katanga"??? Katanga and Sallah maybe team up and kick ass up and down the Mediterranean?

Not to be confused with "The naughty adventures of Lance's Mom", of course.

Now I know why Katanga's not in Last Crusade, Sallah ate him.

Where?

THERE!

Last edited:
Cape Fear
For one reason or another I'd never been able to catch Scorsese's take on the 1962 original. Lame, I know. Anyway, now that I've seen it I'd take it any time over the Gregory Peck / Bob Mitchum original. For one thing, it has a real sense of humour, intentional or not. The best example of this is the scene when the private eye is searching the house for Cady, who he knows is in there somewhere. The way Scorsese reveals Cady is straight out of a cartoon, even more so when Sam Bowden has his accident on the floor soon after. Maybe it's details like this, as well as De Niro's portrayal of Cady, that is why The Simpsons were able to produce such a hysterical episode based on it, musical cues and everything.

Bad points? Well, Scorsese's use of negative photography grates and feels schlocky. Maybe he was going for that because he's not going to make mistakes like that. Also, Mitchum was actually scarier for me than De Niro as Max Cady because he wasn't so OTT. He was dangerous, calculating and a vindictive SOB. He was also so much more real. But De Niro's character was more justified in his revenge due to the character change between Peck's and Nolte's Bowden. Having a morally ambiguous hero makes the film more interesting, rather than having us side with Peck's all-American family. A lot of this (including the daughter's attraction to Cady) may have been off-limits in the 60s as the level of violence certainly was, but it still results in the more entertaining film.

I finally caught Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night. And I loved it, as I tend to do with most Apatow crew vehicles.

Some review, huh?

Spider man 1 and 2. Nice story (especially part 2) and Tobey MacGuire is a good choice for Peter Parker, and Mary Jane Watson actress (Kirsten Dunst, is it?) didn't convince me. I'll try to find part 3 somewhere.
Other than the special effects I liked the acting by Daniel Defoe as Green Goblin and his son.

Yes!

Spiderman 1 and 2 are great movies.

And, yeah, that's Kirsten. I like Kirsten in the Mary Jane role. I even think it's her best work since...

281x211.jpg

started off ok, yeah good good, into the whole conting cards, lets have fun in vegas baby etc, then it just goes all downhill and the main dude looks like a totally see you next tuesday, but oh noes its kevin spacey that gets the shit kicking not the petulant child who can't play by the rules and gets sulky cause his two best friends think hes a totally tool (which he is)

ehhh, im so over movies that suck. where have all the good writers gone?

started off ok, yeah good good, into the whole conting cards, lets have fun in vegas baby etc, then it just goes all downhill and the main dude looks like a totally see you next tuesday, but oh noes its kevin spacey that gets the shit kicking not the petulant child who can't play by the rules and gets sulky cause his two best friends think hes a totally tool (which he is)

ehhh, im so over movies that suck. where have all the good writers gone?

Ooh, I get to be the first brave soul who dares to say this in the thread:

Sex and the City

I dug it. I'm not sure I loved it like I loved the show, but as a whole I was satisfied. I laughed, I teared up a few times, I yelled a few things at the screen, I got schmoopy.

I had maybe one moment of snark. But it was minor.

It may have been regarding some outfit Sarah Jessica Parker was wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom