Rest of U2 Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Bullet the Blue Sky

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Running to Stand Still

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red Hill Mining Town

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • In God's Country

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Exit

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Mothers of the Disappeared

Votes: 31 47.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
liamcool said:
Har, har, funnay.

By the way, if you'd like some of the tree on that hill, come up to Sydney, I have a few logs from it in my attic.

Geez, Liam, you could've tried. The tree was removed by the Auckland council, not by a vandal - the vandal merely attacked it.

I give your insult an F. Typical Sydneysider.

liamcool said:
At least I don't spend my days sitting at home insulting people from a random city in a country I live in.

Yeah, you insult entire countries you've never been to and make insinuations about bestiality that reflect your own desires. Classy.

liamcool said:
You are such a hypocrite, Mr "I Hate America Because They Have No Sheep To Shag".

See, there you go again with the bestiality insinuations. What's with the fascination with our woolly friends? Is there something you'd like to tell us?

liamcool said:
Well, you called me at 3am in the throes of passion with something that went "baah" and I ran with it, you sick freak.

Wow, you're even dreaming about this stuff. Fascinating. You'd be a psychologist's dream.

Buuuut ... can you place this set?

1. Out Of Control
2. Twilight
3. Surrender
4. I Threw A Brick Through A Window
5. A Day Without Me
6. An Cat Dubh
7. Into The Heart
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. The Cry
10. The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet)
11. I Fall Down
12. October
13. New Year's Day
14. Gloria
15. I Will Follow

encore(s):
16. Fire
17. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock / We Wish You A Merry Christmas (snippet)
18. The Ocean
19. A Celebration
20. Sunday Bloody Sunday

coolian2 said:
I must admit, i voted for Mothers because i suffered from the same Bullet memory disorder as Cori.

You know, if both of you asked the mods to change your votes, it'd be 7 to Bullet and 6 to MOTD right now.

Axver said:
Good, because I don't want to take the kitten to One Tree Hill. I mean, the hill itself is good, but it's in Auckland. Auckland.

I've only been to one worse city in my life. Sydney. I think I'd almost be tempted to go to Baghdad instead of having to spend a day with sour, rude, semi-incoherent Aucklanders.

[incoherent rudeness that doesn't come across well as only text]

coolian2 said:
[incoherent rudeness that doesn't come across well as only text]

:lmao: Yeah, it needs that kind of half-gibberish accent that seems to be unique to Aucklanders, mainly those on the south side.

Hey, I just realised something. liamcool and coolian - a Sydneysider and an Aucklander; I can't decide if it sounds like a joke or the perfect couple.

Anyway, Liam, here's your next set to guess since you can't seem to post one for me:

1. Zoo Station
2. The Fly
3. Even Better Than The Real Thing
4. Mysterious Ways / Love To Love You Baby (snippet)
5. One / Unchained Melody (snippet)
6. Until The End Of The World
7. New Year's Day
8. Van Diemen's Land
9. Angel Of Harlem
10. When Love Comes To Town
11. Satellite Of Love
12. Bad / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / Irish Heartbeat (snippet) / All I Want Is You (snippet)
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Running To Stand Still
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
17. Desire / You Make Me Feel So Young (snippet) / (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (snippet)
18. I Just Called To Say I Love You (snippet) / Hanging On The Telephone (snippet) / Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
19. With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
20. Love Is Blindness
21. Can't Help Falling In Love

coolian2 said:
We're a much, much more civilised bunch here in East Auckland.

But i see most of the shite Aucklanders when i go to uni, and it sucks.

Not sure I've actually been out to the eastern suburbs. Or the western ones, for that matter. But I know aaaall about the southern and inner ones.

The North Shore seems nice.

Axver said:
Hey, I just realised something. liamcool and coolian - a Sydneysider and an Aucklander; I can't decide if it sounds like a joke or the perfect couple.

Anyway, Liam, here's your next set to guess since you can't seem to post one for me:

1. Zoo Station
2. The Fly
7. New Year's Day
8. Van Diemen's Land
9. Angel Of Harlem
11. Satellite Of Love
12. Bad / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / Irish Heartbeat (snippet) / All I Want Is You (snippet)
13. Bullet The Blue Sky

encore(s):
17. Desire / You Make Me Feel So Young (snippet) / (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (snippet)
18. I Just Called To Say I Love You (snippet) / Hanging On The Telephone (snippet) / Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
20. Love Is Blindness

I actually like Sydney.....

1993-07-06: Stadio Flaminio - Rome, Italy

Axver said:

Not sure I've actually been out to the eastern suburbs. Or the western ones, for that matter. But I know aaaall about the southern and inner ones.

The North Shore seems nice.

You're pretty much OK if you stay the hell away from the southern suburbs and the city

Axver said:

1. Zoo Station
2. The Fly
7. New Year's Day
8. Van Diemen's Land
9. Angel Of Harlem
11. Satellite Of Love
13. Bullet The Blue Sky

encore(s):
20. Love Is Blindness

That's Rome, July 93. The sixth. I read the thread earlier.

coolian2 said:

You're pretty much OK if you stay the hell away from the southern suburbs and the city

And of course, last time I was in Auckland, well, the airport's to the south and I stayed in the city for easy access to Mt Smart Stadium.

Bloody hell it sucked. I've never had such a bad time in my own country. I was actually happy to return to Brisbane - a feeling I have never felt before or since.

liamcool said:
That's Rome, July 93. The sixth. I read the thread earlier.

Damnit, I was hoping you hadn't. Also, just noticed Ian beat you to it - you fail, just like a Sydneysider would. :wink:

How's this then?

1. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
2. Out Of Control
3. Stories For Boys
4. Boy-Girl
5. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock

Comments: Incomplete setlist: a Hot Press article reports that 11 O'clock Tick Tock opened and closed and that all of U2:3 was played in succession.

Axver said:

And of course, last time I was in Auckland, well, the airport's to the south and I stayed in the city for easy access to Mt Smart Stadium.

Bloody hell it sucked. I've never had such a bad time in my own country. I was actually happy to return to Brisbane - a feeling I have never felt before or since.

I can understand hating Auckland if you had to stay in the city and the trip to the airport was the biggest taste you got of the rest of the place.

If someone offered me a free place in the city i'd tell them to piss off, i'd rather pay $10 a day to take the bus in from out where it's nice.

There are times the Auckland city is nice, but i'd hate to have to spend more than an average Uni day there.

I haven't been into Auckland city since i went to Wellington. I'm going to be sorely disappointed when i do.

liamcool said:
Easy one, 08/06/1980, Half Moon Club.

Damnit, I was hoping that set had escaped your notice.

How about this?

1. Twilight
2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
3. I Will Follow
4. Father Is An Elephant

Yes, it's complete.

Back
Top Bottom