Random Music Talk LXXXVII: Which one of you called my church?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For Joyful, she of the decided whether or not to come to ACL Fest for the Cure:

The Cure playing El Paso in between ACL weekends

I only just now found out about this, hence the late reporting. Seems like a solid bet for you though.

Oh my God. I am so happy. I just got a ticket. I am pissed I didn't know about it sooner (I have been checking their site obsessively for additional show info) so I could have gotten a better seat, but it's a small venue - 12,000 seats or so - so I am STILL SO FUCKING HAPPY.

Imperor, you just went to the head of the class. :heart:

SO FUCKING HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Is El Paso still the hole it used to be?

Yes. This will be my first concert experience there. :uhoh:

Stood up for my hot date tonight, you guys... I think he just got nervous. At least that's what I keep telling myself

I have a question, guys. How come no one here talks about Muse anymore? They used to be really popular on here. But no one's even posted in the Muse thread since New Year's Eve. It's not even like they're between things, they're still on tour.

I know the 2nd Law was received poorly here, but was it received that poorly?

Riot Fest Schedule finally up...not like the fest is in a few days or anything.

Acts I'll potentially be seeing now that I know what the conflicts are,

Friday:
Saul Williams
Smoking Popes
Andrew W.K.
Bad Religion
Atmosphere
Joan Jett/Sublime (I'm seeing Sublime, Travis might see Joan Jett, but they're at the same time and I'm not missing Sublime)
Fall Out Boy/Danzig (Same thing, except swapped, I'm seeing FoB, because I suck, and Travis is seeing Danzig)

Saturday:
Surfer Blood
T.S.O.L.
X (Guess I won't be seeing Stars for the 3rd time, after all :()
Dinosaur Jr.
Guided By Voices
Flag
Blondie
Public Enemy
Violent Femmes
Blink-182

Sunday:
Chuck Ragan
Maps & Atlases
Peter Hook & The Light
Mission of Burma
The Wonder Years
Against Me
Bob Mould
The Dismemberment Plan
Brand New
AFI
Pixies
Replacements

So ridiculously jazzed.

I remember liking Muse in 2004, but didn't really pay attention to them after that.

I loved The Resistance and I was incapable of finishing The 2nd Law and believe me...I tried.

Yeah, I really loved The Resistance too, especially the Exogenesis tracks and USOE(which I never understood why so many people found it so cringe-worthy). I also agree that The 2nd Law was very underwhelming as a whole, and there were indeed a few tracks which did nothing at all for me, but there were a few tracks that I did think were pretty enjoyable too(Madness, Explorers, maybe one or two others).

I liked The Resistance as well. 2nd Law, I barely even remember. Sad.

Bonoz2012, if you don't see Andrew WK, I will post his picture 2012 times on your Facebook page.

El Scorcho > El Paso

I liked The Resistance as well. 2nd Law, I barely even remember. Sad.

Bonoz2012, if you don't see Andrew WK, I will post his picture 2012 times on your Facebook page.

El Scorcho > El Paso

I will make it so.

Riot Fest Schedule finally up...not like the fest is in a few days or anything.

Acts I'll potentially be seeing now that I know what the conflicts are,

Saturday:
Surfer Blood
T.S.O.L.
X (Guess I won't be seeing Stars for the 3rd time, after all :()
Dinosaur Jr.
Guided By Voices
Flag
Blondie
Public Enemy
Violent Femmes
Blink-182

The Ben-Gay in the air will be stronger than the pot in the air on this day.

The Ben-Gay in the air will be stronger than the pot in the air on this day.

The whole weekend's pretty old fogey, I'm excited!

Also, there was a Maps and Atlas song on my gym ipod this morning. It was what I like about TV on the Radio. I should check them out.

I've heard about ten songs by them and I like or love them all. Oddly enough, though, I still haven't heard an album.

Fuck. Cobbler is the reason radio stations still think people want to hear that song? I should have known.

That album was wildly popular among my age group when it came out. Everyone had that shit.

They're an awful band.

Boring and overrated band that would have faded into obscurity with 311 and there generic, godawful sound, had their singer not od'd after their one popular album.

At least What I Got is a little more tolerable than summertime or the one about the 12 year old hooker or any of the other singles. But it still sucks.

It's the phenomena where if you're not having certain songs or bands shoved down your throat 20 times a day, you don't find them anywhere near as unbearable. Like how many '90's and 00's "alternative / indie rock" loving Americans loved / still love Brit Pop bands that were essentially the British equivalent of Matchbox 20.

I've never heard any of their other songs.

That's surprising. I guess Sublime just never made it over to your part of the world. Santeria, The Wrong Way, and a few other tracks off that album have been inescapable on American radio for the last 16 years.

Back
Top Bottom