Random Music Talk LXV: 6400 Posts Have Led Up To This

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I HATE Lightning Crashes. To the point where I'll probably never listen to Live.

Hey iYup, going back to Beck, if you think Sea Change is a bit of a melodramatic whinge, do you think the same of For Emma, Forever Ago?

Hey iYup, going back to Beck, if you think Sea Change is a bit of a melodramatic whinge, do you think the same of For Emma, Forever Ago?

It's strange, but Bon Iver is one of the very few artists whose lyrics I don't "hear" while listening to him. I never even thought of Emma as a breakup/lovelorn album until you mentioned it just now. I should add that the love lost theme can be incredibly moving; I just don't think Beck was particularly intriguing about it on Sea Change.

iron yuppie said:
It's strange, but Bon Iver is one of the very few artists whose lyrics I don't "hear" while listening to him. I never even thought of Emma as a breakup/lovelorn album until you mentioned it just now. I should add that the love lost theme can be incredibly moving; I just don't think Beck was particularly intriguing about it on Sea Change.

Wow, that is very strange. I can understand that if you're talking about the self-titled, because I can't make out a fucking thing he says on that album, but it's all pretty obvious on For Emma.

I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind
If all your love was wasted
Then who the hell was I
And I'm breaking at the britches
At the end of all your lines

I'm not attacking you, btw.

lazarus said:
When I hear "Iris" I think of that lame-ass Replacements/Westerberg rip off by the Goo Goo Dolls.

Fuck that shit.

There's another song I can't stand.

Every emo kid thought that was mankind's greatest achievement.

cobl04 said:
I'm not attacking you, btw.

No worries; I didn't take it that way.

I'm honestly not that familiar with Emma. I always reach for the self-titled when I want to hear Bon Iver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom