Random Music Talk CXXI: Not this time, Crappy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My uncle once gave me an AC/DC album for my birthday. That was not my favorite gift ever...

So Australia's prime minister named something by Mental As Anything when asked his favourite AC/DC song.

You'd think one of his advisors would've briefed him, but on the other hand I'm glad I'm not in his position. I'd have to answer "the one that sounds like all the other ones".

Whilst Malcolm Young's passing was quite saddening, I'm not sure about him (in musical terms) even being close to the best anything really.

I reckon Brian Johnson is a great frontman/rock singer but I wouldn't have the rest of the band as particular standouts. Their drummer plays the same damn beat in every song for crying out loud.

So Australia's prime minister named something by Mental As Anything when asked his favourite AC/DC song.

You'd think one of his advisors would've briefed him, but on the other hand I'm glad I'm not in his position. I'd have to answer "the one that sounds like all the other ones".

Years ago I walked out of shopping mall and a reporter stuck a camera in my face and asked who I was voting for in some local election.

I was in medical school at the time and had no idea that there even was an election, much less who was running. I think I said as much in response. Thank God it was’t aired.

Courtney Barnett is inescapable in the Australian music press so I decided to give Lotta Sea Lice a spin.

Kurt Vile is unlistenable.

I have gotten to think of Kurt Vile as the less interesting one from (at one time) War on Drugs. That is not a recommendation.

He's got a shtick for sure but I find it way more palatable than Granduciel/War on Drugs, which can seem so devoid of colour and personality at times.

Kurt Vile has some damn good tunes. Maybe the vocals aren't for everyone, but he can really cast a spell with the guitar.

Whatever qualities he might have as a guitarist are completely obscured by easily one of the most grating voices I've ever heard. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to let him even go near a mic.

I don't know if Vile's voice is that grating, he just comes off to me like a bargain-store Neil Young. I feel like I'd be better off just investigating Neil Young instead.

This DJ is so fucking boring. It's 16 minutes past show time. We'll all be deaf and asleep by the time any musicians show up.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I hope you carried earplugs, martha. They are so fucking loud.

I really like Vile's Smoke Rings For My Halo. I don't find his voice annoying.

However. I do not get the fuss about Courtney Barnett or their duet album. Total meh for me.

Not much worse than going to a gig and seeing "DJ set" on the running sheet.

Anyone heard of the band Maximum Joy? This recent compilation is one of the most interesting things I have heard all year, even though the songs date from the early 80s. It's like industrial disco or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom