Random facts and confessions: Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Obviously eh! I have a 90% in English LOLLLOOLLOL. So i know what I'm doing. Just stopped caring, thought i could use a little rebellion in my life :wink: I STOPPED caring here. I write thesis, papers ect i know what i am doing. I'm 17 and in a collage class.... like yaa. I have a different personality here. People who know me personality or have actually sat and have a conversation with me knows I'm not an idiot.

.. I'm not even going to bother taking all the spelling and grammar misakes out here.

So, you are serious in real life, people there know you're not an idiot. Then why are you acting like one here? How hard is it to type in proper English? People would take you a LOT more serious if you didn't act like the rebellious teenager around here. It gets tiresome. Why do you have a different personality online? What's wrong with being yourself?

Does someone's spelling matter that much? I personally hate making mistakes and things on here or elsewhere, but I don't mind if other people do. I don't think they're butchering the English language or anything because at the end of the day - like Kayla said - this is the internet, not some thesis or paper. I'd never not take someone seriously because they speak like that, that's being more than a little judgemental me thinks. Especially of someone who's 17. Just because of how somethings put doesn't make it any more or less valid. Or maybe that's just me?

Random fact and confession - I can't cope more than two days without my ipod :reject: On the coach back from Heathrow airport the person I was sat with borrowed it and then accidentally didn't give it back to me. Now, I'm screwed because I don't have half the music on cd and the sound on my laptop's bloody terrible. So I'll just have to sit and wait to get it back :sad: Absolutely pathetic! :lol:

Mistakes are fine. Purposedly typing like shit is not. It ruins communication with others and it's just very very annoying. Someone's age shouldn't matter here, and you shouldn't have to be able to judge someone by their age.

Mistakes are fine. Purposedly typing like shit is not. It ruins communication with others and it's just very very annoying. Someone's age shouldn't matter here, and you shouldn't have to be able to judge someone by their age.

You mean purposefully, right?

:wink:

pleasedon'tkillme

Ha probably is a defence mechanism, I'd say rationalization?! We're you doing college course at 17!? (it's a big deal for me!!!) I can't spell that is for sure, i don't have great grammar skills i know, But the way I'm perceived on here and real life is two different things. I got my first computer when i was in grade 8, four years later i think I've improved quite a bit. I CAN keep a job, I've been doing secretary work for the local government. In psych I'm learning about social psych. It's pure attribution theory. :happy:

I'm happy for you, but, you need certain skills if you want to get a good job and be taken seriously in your professional life. Sooner or later it's going to catch up to you.

Well, more power to you then. :up: I am old. I'm 36 and I've had my share of long relationships over the years. 4 years, 5 years, etc. I guess I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not the marrying kind. It takes a really really long time and lots of time spent together to fully get to know someone. I can say that for sure. I have had a couple where I felt like they were the 'one' after a short period of time. I thought I 'knew' too.. but living together for a long period of time, spending 24/7 with someone etc. proved that things change. The most exciting time in every relationship is the beginning, and its really easy to fall quick and think that that person is the one. I guess I'm just a stickler for really getting to know someone before jumping into something so permanent. Not trying to crash your party or anything, just sharing a point of view from an old experienced gal. :lol:

debbie_downer-1.jpg

LOL ok. You can all call me a downer or whatever but I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way (in general). Obviously I'm the only one that will actually say anything though. I just thought I'd share a different perspective from personal experience.

My confession is that for the first time in my life I genuinely feel like someone out there in the world who isn't part of my family loves the shit out of me as much as I do of her. :love:

Alright, back to snarky posts in the sports forum :up:

Aw, that's great Dave. I'm estatic for you. :yes: :hug:

Here's a confession:

I want to instigate a KNIFE APOCALYPSE that encompasses many different threads and posters on this site. And, I dislike Canada.

Marry me. :love:

LOL ok. You can all call me a downer or whatever but I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way (in general). Obviously I'm the only one that will actually say anything though. I just thought I'd share a different perspective from personal experience.

I was just teasing you, Sicy. I actually agree with you, very much so, based on prior experience and anecdotal evidence. :up:

I was just teasing you, Sicy. I actually agree with you, very much so, based on prior experience and anecdotal evidence. :up:

There's nothing wrong with anyone's opinions in regards to this, and I think we all know it's not a black and white situation. Everyones experiences are different and no one can know how a relationship will turn out. I'm a prime example of that with my long successful marriage after a short courtship (and no we didn't even live with each other before marriage), and on the other hand my older brother and sister were both in long term relationships before marrying and both their marriages were miserable failures. :shrug: There is no right or wrong. Statistics have no emotions. Knowing Ian as I have this past year, he's not the kind of guy to have gone into this without considerable thought. And I know that neither of you intend to upset in any way, shape, or form, but personally, the most upsetting thing that my hubby and I had to deal with during our excitement and celebrations, were the naysayers. Must admit it's a great feeling to be able to shove their negativity down their throat now :evil:

Peace :hug:

:)

:hug: Sicy I hope you find Mr Right one day!

Here's a confession:

I want to instigate a KNIFE APOCALYPSE that encompasses many different threads and posters on this site. And, I dislike Canada.
:hug:

Random fact and confession - I can't cope more than two days without my ipod :reject: On the coach back from Heathrow airport the person I was sat with borrowed it and then accidentally didn't give it back to me. Now, I'm screwed because I don't have half the music on cd and the sound on my laptop's bloody terrible. So I'll just have to sit and wait to get it back :sad: Absolutely pathetic! :lol:
"Accidentally"? :eyebrow: I'd accidentally hunt them down :lol: I can't live without my iPod for more than a few hours.

Varying perspectives are a good thing :up: Love can make you :coocoo: in the beginning, so it doesn't hurt to question what you're doing. Lots of luck to the happy couple though :)

Does someone's spelling matter that much?

I think it does matter, not when you have one misspelled word out of 500, but a post that looks like a dog's breakfast.

Like it or not, for every one of you who doesn't mind, there are probably 10 people who have already made a judgment about that poster. And this is not unique to the internet, because it's exactly what would happen at a university or a workplace, etc. Perception sometimes is everything. If you don't care how people perceive you, then I suppose it wouldn't matter.

I think it does matter, not when you have one misspelled word out of 500, but a post that looks like a dog's breakfast.

Like it or not, for every one of you who doesn't mind, there are probably 10 people who have already made a judgment about that poster. And this is not unique to the internet, because it's exactly what would happen at a university or a workplace, etc. Perception sometimes is everything. If you don't care how people perceive you, then I suppose it wouldn't matter.

If she's posting in, say, FYM then I can see how this would be a problem. Otherwise I honestly think it's the other peoples problem, not Kayla's, if they're going to judge her on it when it's just on a chat forum.

My Uncle and Aunty saw Prince William in Tescos :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Agreed with all that you quoted :D

English is my third language as well. And for us non-native English speakers, every tiny little mistake you made in school when writing was pointed out and had to be corrected. It's just annoying to me personally to see 'your' instead of 'you're', and vice versa, and 'there' for 'their', etc. It's not that hard to type correctly. :)

Bummer. Have you tried taking 1/2 of your tablet? That's what I do.

Yeah! But I still get the lingering groggyness. :huh: Took a half last night and although I slept, I felt like a total bag of shit today. :|

Bleh, I might see if Tesco has any cheap herbal ones. (they both smell and taste like shit though, Im not even kidding. )

There's nothing wrong with anyone's opinions in regards to this, and I think we all know it's not a black and white situation. Everyones experiences are different and no one can know how a relationship will turn out. I'm a prime example of that with my long successful marriage after a short courtship (and no we didn't even live with each other before marriage), and on the other hand my older brother and sister were both in long term relationships before marrying and both their marriages were miserable failures. :shrug: There is no right or wrong. Statistics have no emotions. Knowing Ian as I have this past year, he's not the kind of guy to have gone into this without considerable thought. And I know that neither of you intend to upset in any way, shape, or form, but personally, the most upsetting thing that my hubby and I had to deal with during our excitement and celebrations, were the naysayers. Must admit it's a great feeling to be able to shove their negativity down their throat now :evil:

Peace :hug:

:)

:hug: Sicy I hope you find Mr Right one day!

i appreciate where people saying wait are coming from, but you can't go ahead and apply your own experiences to someone else. plus, we're both aware of what can go wrong/right, we've not dived into this without thinking. we're a bit more mature than we're given credit for/how i act, lol.

i'm just going to let kim bat for me on this one though, it's easier.

I have to say that Kayla has gotten a lot better over the years with her posts. If you go back and read her first posts.. I almost banned her for 'trolling' :doh: :lol:

I just gave the baby panadol, and realised I gave him the antibiotic dose which is 4ml, not the panadol dose which is only 1.2ml. I rang the poisons info line, expecting DOCs to knock any second, but it's not dangerous, per se. It's just his entire 24 hour allowance in one dose.
:doh:

I just gave the baby panadol, and realised I gave him the antibiotic dose which is 4ml, not the panadol dose which is only 1.2ml. I rang the poisons info line, expecting DOCs to knock any second, but it's not dangerous, per se. It's just his entire 24 hour allowance in one dose.
:doh:

you could drop him and he wouldn't feel it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom