Why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, everyone has different taste - i don't think it necessarily makes you a bad fan to dislike a certain era of their music. but yeah, the people who stopped liking u2 after the joshua tree era really confuse me... how can you dislike achtung baby??? or pop??? i guess everyone is just different, and that's alright. :shrug:

i like it all too:up: but I can see why some people dislike some eras...they all have thier own unique sounds....thats one reason I like U2 so much...all thier music is different..doens't sound they same.

love_u2_adam said:
ok i luv all the perids of u2 (from the boy to dismantled)and i dont understand why if ur such a u2 fan why u dont

Judging by the emoticon on the thread, are you kidding?

It's dangerous to get into the whole You're A Real Fan vs. You're Not a Real Argument. There is simply no other caveat other than loving U2.

achtungjulie said:
well, everyone has different taste - i don't think it necessarily makes you a bad fan to dislike a certain era of their music. but yeah, the people who stopped liking u2 after the joshua tree era really confuse me... how can you dislike achtung baby??? or pop??? i guess everyone is just different, and that's alright. :shrug:

I guess I really confuse the hell right outta you then, don't I? :D :wink:

Oooh! and perhaps i_love_adam and twochordcool should chat with each other. They can have a mighty fine love fest. :) (see, I'm looking out for ya!)

Last edited:
Lemonfix said:
This poster's handle sounds eerily similar to I_Love_Adam.... could someone be taking the piss? :hmm:

Oh crap! That's who I thought it was..... Ooops!

Shows how much I pay attention, doesn't it?

:shrug:

love_u2_adam said:
why dont people like some u2 songs??????
:drool:

...because after the album Pop in 97 they stopped trying! They made one good song Beautiful Day and since then, have been resting on their laurels and enjoying the insane popularity to no end!

:uhoh:

love_u2_adam said:
hey sumtimes u cant make it on ur own (dismantled) is really good im lisining to it now!!!!

It doesn't matter if it sounds good.

U2 actually sounding like U2 is bad.

U2 trend jumping, trying to be The Prodigy is good.

MrBrau1 said:

It doesn't matter if it sounds good.

U2 actually sounding like U2 is bad.

U2 trend jumping, trying to be The Prodigy is good.

The maximum number of U2 songs that description could POSSIBLY apply to is MAYBE 3 or 4. I love the ENTIRE U2 catalog up THROUGH ATYCLB. Don't make inaccurate generalizations.

As for the original topic, saying that, in order to love a band, you must love ALL of their songs and records, that kind of mindset is similar to the mindset that some people have of 'My country, right or wrong'. Sometimes one of the most profound displays of love for your country can be the act of calling it out when it is wrong, and sometimes one of the most profound displays of love for any artist of any kind is calling it out when you believe they are performing at a level beneath what they are capable of.

namkcuR said:

sometimes one of the most profound displays of love for any artist of any kind is calling it out when you believe they are performing at a level beneath what they are capable of.

Couldn't agree more, namkcuR! Couldn't agree more! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom