Random Facts and Confessions #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you know how I said I lost my job? Well, it turns out my former boss owes me unemployment and that's why she was trying to get me to say that I quit. If you get fired for a non-grievous offense, then you're eligible for unemployment, but not if you quit. I had to get a lawyer to send her a letter, and if she refuses to give me what she owes, then there's going to be a hearing.

I remember telling her on the phone that I can't quit because she already fired me, but she was trying to say that I wasn't fired; I don't think I actually said "I quit," but now I'm worried that she might have recorded our conversation. I don't think I said anything that could be used against me, but I was really mad and I don't remember everything.

She said, "You don't want a firing on your record, do you?" Now I know that she wasn't concerned about my record, she was just looking out for herself.

I'm almost scared to look for another job. What kind of nutcase will I find next?

That really bites! I'm convinced that there must be a better situation for you out there. Good luck with the nut-job! :hug:

from a distance i saw a ghost from my past... just saw, didn't talk (was busy dragging VERY HEAVY shopping bags with my mom and fully wrapped against cold, -20C today! otherwise i might have) and now i don't know how i feel about it.... :rolleyes:
i felt a tiny bit of anger and a tiny bit of excitement together, I guess..
there was never a closure to things between us... and me with a broken heart (hah, i still don't know what expectations I had in the first place...), so this was almost like ripping up a stitch.
A whole 3,5 years has passed in a meanwhile... and he has now moved into the same town with me at least, so maybe now's a good time to try to find this closure, cause i know that meeting him some day in the future is inevitable anyway, but to avoid this awkward moment then, maybe it's better to try and contact him now at least. :hmm: i had that plan anyway...

:hug: for all having tough times. (and to those that aren't, too)

I am not suicidal. I forgot how this felt. Knowing soul-sucking sadness can pass. Even if I fall in again, I know I had this moment.

:happydance: :loveshower:

Last edited:
the other day i saw a car pull into the driveway of my old house. i came so close to pulling over and saying "i used to live here". but i didn't.

I had so much fun this week and was busier than ever despite being unemployed. If I wasn't so financially insecure, I might be really having a ball! :wink: But I've been painting like crazy and sleeping better at night, so maybe getting fired has made me more productive. When God closes a door...

So i seen Thin Lizzy on Wedensday Night, met Scott Gorham (guitarist) after, such a rocking night!!!!

I had so much fun this week and was busier than ever despite being unemployed. If I wasn't so financially insecure, I might be really having a ball! :wink: But I've been painting like crazy and sleeping better at night, so maybe getting fired has made me more productive. When God closes a door...

This is wonderful! :hug:

nice!

Thanks, I do hope so too. It would be quite a change to finally find someone who genuinely likes me. I've been alone for far too long.

I'm not entirely sure as I don't know him that well, but he did get cuddly after a bunch of beers at uni thursday eve. Plus he loves gaming as much as I do, does the same study and he does martial arts as well, so we at least got a couple of things in common.

I was in Washington, DC for the first time in my life this week. I had the choice of checking out some iconic places in my country's capital or hanging out with a friend in his (very posh) hotel suite while he did an interview and then yoga.

...my friend looks mighty fine in his skivvies and is very flexible.

:D

I was in Washington, DC for the first time in my life this week. I had the choice of checking out some iconic places in my country's capital or hanging out with a friend in his (very posh) hotel suite while he did an interview and then yoga.

Good choice!:shifty:

Like! :love:

so everyone has started wearing those flat peak baseball/basketball/football caps backwards lately, and i want in, and since i love Outkast, i'm going to buy an Atlanta cap, instead of a NY one like everyone else.

Groupie!!! :D

I'm not entirely sure as I don't know him that well, but he did get cuddly after a bunch of beers at uni thursday eve. Plus he loves gaming as much as I do, does the same study and he does martial arts as well, so we at least got a couple of things in common.

Best of Luck Galeongirl! With having several things in common is a good start.

Is missing someone special today...

I'm starting to hope that the old "boys tease girls when they like them" saying is true...

aww...:) so it's the end for the prettyboy now that the new one is on sight? :up:
*fingers crossed*
good that you two have mutual interests :)

Is missing someone special today...

:hug: sucks when you miss someone so badly but they are not around/you just can't be with them for some reason...

:sad: I caved in. The pressure got too much. I had no choice. They kept talking me into it.

:wink: I now have a facebook account.

:lol::lol: didn't you just mention to me once to stay strong???
i'm saying - they have a whole army of headhunters for FB! aim is to get EVERYONE in there... evil system!
well, i might stalk you too :) luckily i'm still not a very active user, but i have at least done a little something in my profile... which remembers me - i still haven't added cute guy, must do that, soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom