Random Facts and Confessions #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just because i haven't done it in sooooo long. i've come close a few times. had i gotten a wee bit more drunk on the weekend i was considering the fingers-to-the-tonsils move.

:tongue: You need more skillz then. I didn't use my fingers, it was aaalllll natural.

I'm sure I read on their website there was one in Dublin at least, but I always thought Aldi was a Germany-Europe thing. We certainly have them in the UK anyway. We also have a very similar German supermarket called Lidl, its almost identical bar the colour scheme. :lol:

Our tour bus driver in Ireland told us that Aldi originated in Germany, by brothers. Maybe one of the brothers was Aldi and the other was Lidl? :lol:

I am so thankful that things are really getting easier as time passes. The hurt isn't nearly so bad!

i totally came away from work an hour earlier. Just couldn't bare anymore! felt quite numb today, no mood for working whatsoever and a bit tired as well. Haven't had such day of not feeling like working for quite a long time i think.i even didn't see the cute guy, that would've cheered me up a bit! hah, i think he's kind of avoiding me anyway

weird how some lyrics are just so attached in your head that even if you listen to the song years later, you still knoq how to sing along with all your heart!

i just won a little competition on twitter to join the tour of air new zealand's new plane in wellingon in a few days time.

awesome etc etc but it's in wellington and i wonder how i can make it work.
haha. i've just spoken with my bank. it seems that if i can't fanangle something with air new zealand my bank will have a credit card with a $2000 limit at my local branch for me on tuesday.

i hope it'll happen. i might have to pay the last minute fares, but....well.

maybe my luck is finally turning around.

haha. i've just spoken with my bank. it seems that if i can't fanangle something with air new zealand my bank will have a credit card with a $2000 limit at my local branch for me on tuesday.

:applaud:

My little sister is engaged!!!!!!! :hyper:

Her boyfriend proposed to her today while on a holiday in New York, in Central Park. They've been together for six years and are each other's first ever relationship :cute: He's a lovely guy. This is so exciting!

:kiss:

I have always been able to put on a smile and be strong no matter what the situation is, but this time around it is starting to get harder for me to do. Losing my mom this November has been the hardest thing in my life I have ever had to try and deal with. I have lost several of my loved ones before my dad included, but this time is just different. I have wonderful family and friends that have been here for me, but I just feel so alone.

I have always been able to put on a smile and be strong no matter what the situation is, but this time around it is starting to get harder for me to do. Losing my mom this November has been the hardest thing in my life I have ever had to try and deal with. I have lost several of my loved ones before my dad included, but this time is just different. I have wonderful family and friends that have been here for me, but I just feel so alone.

Been there, done that. Even though it has been almost 10 years since we lost our mom, it still hurts. I still find myself thinking things like, "I'll ask Mom; she'll know" or "I can't wait to tell Mom." So I do!

If you ever want to talk, you know where to find me. :hug:

My little sister is engaged!!!!!!!
hyper.gif

Her boyfriend proposed to her today while on a holiday in New York, in Central Park. They've been together for six years and are each other's first ever relationship :cute: He's a lovely guy. This is so exciting!

:cute: this is sweet! congrats to your sis!!!

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

One day he goes from nice to asshole out of nowhere, that lasted for a week and now he's suddenly back to being nice again? Good grief, I will NEVER ever understand men. :crack:

it finally seems like these big changes i've had planned for over a year - well really three years - are finally going to start happening. it's all so exciting and terrifying, in less than a week i should finally have my student visa, and school starts at the end of the month. if you'd told me five years ago i was going to move to another country that's about as far away from the us as you can possibly get and go to school there, i would've said you were crazy. the scariest part is i'm not even worried about actually doing any of this, if i could handle all the shit i've handled in the past 27 years, this'll be easy.

:uhoh:

One day he goes from nice to asshole out of nowhere, that lasted for a week and now he's suddenly back to being nice again? Good grief, I will NEVER ever understand men. :crack:

:ohmy: glad that he's back to normal again! no way to know how these creatures really think... :D
but maybe he's just trying to hide that he can be normal too and has to turn into a major asshole once in a while.. a slight personality issues maybe?
but now that he's back to normal, you can always take him for a puke-ride at the rollercoaster ;)

Perhaps I really hurt his feelings by calling his UGGs the fugliest things I've ever seen, on men or women. :lol: He started being an asshole from there!

:lol: Well he's wearing women's boots, so who knows!

:shifty: Though I've seen him too many times in just his boxers for that to be true... definitely very much man.

it finally seems like these big changes i've had planned for over a year - well really three years - are finally going to start happening. it's all so exciting and terrifying, in less than a week i should finally have my student visa, and school starts at the end of the month. if you'd told me five years ago i was going to move to another country that's about as far away from the us as you can possibly get and go to school there, i would've said you were crazy. the scariest part is i'm not even worried about actually doing any of this, if i could handle all the shit i've handled in the past 27 years, this'll be easy.

:applaud: :hug:

Perhaps I really hurt his feelings by calling his UGGs the fugliest things I've ever seen, on men or women. :lol: He started being an asshole from there!

i'm pretty sure this had something to do with it! he probably thought that UGGs were so cool on him and they made him cool, yet you made them down. But can't help it - UGGs are ugly :lol:

Thank you Ryancoke71, MsPurrl, & Edgetarian. :hug:

Been there, done that. Even though it has been almost 10 years since we lost our mom, it still hurts. I still find myself thinking things like, "I'll ask Mom; she'll know" or "I can't wait to tell Mom." So I do!

If you ever want to talk, you know where to find me. :hug:

Thanks so much I may take you up on that one of these days.

:cute: w000000000000000000000000000t :hug: to you both!

My little sister is engaged!!!!!!! :hyper:

that's just gorgeous ~ congratulations all around!

Same crap, round two! I am so glad I am not involved anymore!

woo hoo . . . life is so full of drama I'm glad whatever it is is leaving you alone for a bit :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: I'm sorry and I hope things get easier for you soon :)

I lost my job yesterday. I got fired, unfired, and then I quit. I got blamed for a huge communication meltdown that resulted in no one being there to open the store on a Saturday morning. Me and a coworker didn't know whose turn it was to work this Saturday, so we arranged on Tuesday that she would work. Well, the boss told her on Wednesday that she can't because I'm supposed to work. The thing is, no one told me this.

I went as fast as a I could when I found out no one was there, and then the boss showed up. "So, you wanna tell me what happened?" she said. I had no idea at the time what had gone wrong, so I couldn't give her an answer. She took my key away and said she'd have to think things over. I said, "So it's one screw up and you're out of here, is that how it goes?" and walked out of there.

She called me last night and said she'd give me "a second chance" and I needed to admit I was "in the wrong." I still didn't know what exactly had happened, so I wasn't accepting guilt. The I spoke my mind and told her that I was tired of her inconsistency and terrible communication and that I was done, I'm not coming back.

I think she thought I was undermining her authority and she was going to teach me a lesson and then I'd just come crawling back. I hardly ever raise my voice to someone like that, and she had never heard me talk like that before. She got quiet a few times and I thought she had hung up on me. I think she was shocked and was expecting me to come back.

I had a headache and was totally exhausted last night from all the stress, but I was starting to hate that job and I just needed a reason to get out of there. It's just a little, small-town gift shop and was only a part-time job, so it's not a huge career loss or anything. I was starting to think more and more that she's a little crazy and she really is. Isn't the boss supposed to arrange work schedules and make sure everyone knows what's going on? There is some "shoulda, coulda, woulda" going through my head, but it was only a matter of time before something like that happened there. It's over now.

I lost my job yesterday. I got fired, unfired, and then I quit. I got blamed for a huge communication meltdown that resulted in no one being there to open the store on a Saturday morning. Me and a coworker didn't know whose turn it was to work this Saturday, so we arranged on Tuesday that she would work. Well, the boss told her on Wednesday that she can't because I'm supposed to work. The thing is, no one told me this.

I went as fast as a I could when I found out no one was there, and then the boss showed up. "So, you wanna tell me what happened?" she said. I had no idea at the time what had gone wrong, so I couldn't give her an answer. She took my key away and said she'd have to think things over. I said, "So it's one screw up and you're out of here, is that how it goes?" and walked out of there.

She called me last night and said she'd give me "a second chance" and I needed to admit I was "in the wrong." I still didn't know what exactly had happened, so I wasn't accepting guilt. The I spoke my mind and told her that I was tired of her inconsistency and terrible communication and that I was done, I'm not coming back.

I think she thought I was undermining her authority and she was going to teach me a lesson and then I'd just come crawling back. I hardly ever raise my voice to someone like that, and she had never heard me talk like that before. She got quiet a few times and I thought she had hung up on me. I think she was shocked and was expecting me to come back.

I had a headache and was totally exhausted last night from all the stress, but I was starting to hate that job and I just needed a reason to get out of there. It's just a little, small-town gift shop and was only a part-time job, so it's not a huge career loss or anything. I was starting to think more and more that she's a little crazy and she really is. Isn't the boss supposed to arrange work schedules and make sure everyone knows what's going on? There is some "shoulda, coulda, woulda" going through my head, but it was only a matter of time before something like that happened there. It's over now.

:hug: That's a crock! I believe that things happen for a reason, and I'm glad you will now have a chance to do something else, something you will like better! Still, it's rotten, having to deal with people like that. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom