Random Crack Music Talk XC: The Infatuation Of Yeezus' Yayo By The Blowhard Rob Ford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but this is an incredibly limited market. It's not like he's going to make a ton of money by drumming up discussion among music nerds on an internet forum. I guess we'll just have to disagree. I can't see any benefit to him from removing the portions in question.

Oh :depressed:

Yeah, but this is an incredibly limited market. It's not like he's going to make a ton of money by drumming up discussion among music nerds on an internet forum. I guess we'll just have to disagree. I can't see any benefit to him from removing the portions in question.

But word will get out about this, situations like this almost always do. It will be a story. That's just my two cents on it.

I think she means it's a means to publicity. Controversy as in "omg why did they do that, that's weird" and here we are, talking about the book.

Publicity! Ta-daaaaaaa.

Edit: Hey, I was right! :wink:

I was busy changing lives.

Also for those who didn't see on Facebook... my week so far has been three hours of live comedy on Monday night, making the really shitty work party entertaining by rapping Hey Ya for everyone on Tuesday night, finally winning trivia after nine months of trying, by rapping Hey Ya! a capella on Wednesday night, and then winning trivia again last night by rapping Bound 2. Loving life.

I'm spinning Plastic Beach for the first time in a while right now, and I'm fairly certain my #1 live show regret is not biting on Gorillaz tickets in October 2010 due to being a little poor kid. I can't think of anything else that comes close. Maybe The Throne.

Plastic Beach is actually the only Gorillaz album I've heard in full. Love it. Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach with Snoop, Stylo, Superfast Jellyfish, Empire Ants :)drool::drool::drool:), Melancholy Hill and of course the masterful Sweepstakes with Mos Def.

Seeing the Hives tonight. Haven't heard much of anything since Click Click Boom, but Veni Vidi Vicious and Tyrannosaurus Hives were wicked start to finish. I've been waiting to cross these guys off my concert list for a long time

I've always loved this song Walk Idiot Walk - YouTube

driving to the airport this morning in heavy wind a large piece of plywood flying through the air hit my car and destroyed the passenger side mirror. I saw it coming towards me in slow motion and wondered, "is this how it's going to end for me?decapitated in my car by flying debris?"

I think my office will pay for it since I'm traveling for work but, holy shit.

Jesus, glad you're okay. You seem to cop some strange things.

The new Fall Out Boy album makes any of their other albums sound like Zeppelin IV. Holy fuck. Something worse than I Am Not A Human Being 2 came out this year.

I refused to listen to it.

And I wasn't too big on the afi album. I didn't like I hope you suffer the first time I heard it, but surrounded by the rest of the stuff on the album it sounded actually good. Otherwise, boring and whiny. But then again, sing the sorrow was the last time I truly liked afi. I'm leaning toward my ak3 opinion for afi, which is a couple good albums in the middle-ish of their catalog, but well past doing anything I want to hear anymore. Not as bad a beginning as the alkaline trio, nor as awful past the peak of their good albums. But black sails, sing the sorrow, and the art of drowning are the only ones I ever want to hear again.

That RS article with Noel Gallagher is awesome. I thought he hated Get Lucky though. That must have been Liam.

He's a funny guy. Liam stated that he could write Get Lucky in an hour. Figures.

That RS article with Noel Gallagher is awesome. I thought he hated Get Lucky though. That must have been Liam.
I like this quote:

It's just embarrassing. Be good. Don't be outrageous. Anybody can be outrageous! I could go to the Rolling Stone office and fucking shit on top of a boiled egg, right? And people would go, "Wow, fucking hell, that's outrageous!" But is it any good? No, because, essentially, it's just a shit on top of a boiled egg. That's all it is. If I was to go to your office and play you a song that I'd just written that was amazing, that would be better, wouldn't it?

Didn't even know he had a new one out. I've gone off him to be honest. World doesn't need another average rapper and I didn't like Centipede. What did you think?

I'm long past caring about the Grammys, but Kendrick Lamar and Daft Punk get Album Of The Year noms, and JT gets snubbed? Wow.

Cool for Kendrick, tho.

Didn't even know he had a new one out. I've gone off him to be honest. World doesn't need another average rapper and I didn't like Centipede. What did you think?

"Centipede" was garbage, but I'm pretty surprised with how much I love the new one. Huge step forward. It doesn't even sound like it's by the same dude who did Camp and Culdesac. Plus Chance shows up.

Does Yeezus qualify? If so surely we're minutes away from a Kanye twitter meltdown.

Of course it qualifies. Cut off is September 30th.

He didn't win for MBDTF, this would have had no chance.

The consolation prize will be Rap Album, as usual. And maybe Bound 2 can win something.

Bowie at least got a Rock Album nomination, which he should probably win.

Alternative Album:
Neko Case
The National
Nine Inch Nails
Tame Impala
Vampire Weekend

That's an impressive lineup, all things considered.

The Grammys are fuck-backwards and ridiculous, but I won't deny that I was happy when I saw that RED got an Album of the Year nomination. Damn right, and I hope she fuckin wins it. A hotshot batshit moody brilliant beast of a pop album.

I'm hoping Kanye, Kendrick, Bowie, Tame Impala and Disclosure win an award or two. In general, I don't agree with the taste of the Academy, so I'm not surprised that I find this list quite blah.

Welcome to the new age, LeMac.

Lebron+James.jpg

Certain albums I buy on CDs are really fucking annoying. They will not play in my computer. The disc spins with a weird clicking noise and iTunes freezes. That means I cannot rip them and listen to them in iTunes or on my iPod or iPhone unless I find another computer to rip them into and then burn it to a CD or put it on a flash drive to get it to my computer. I've had three CDs do this to me in the last year out of maybe a hundred. Disc two of Tame Impala's Innerspeaker and both discs of Reflektor. So dumb and annoying!

I was sick the other day and listened to the new Elbow live compilation that just came out a week or so ago, consisting of two CDs and a DVD. It just reminded me what a great band Elbow is and how much I appreciate their music :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom