Random Crack Music Talk XC: The Infatuation Of Yeezus' Yayo By The Blowhard Rob Ford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BbFwkXqIcAAuQyV.jpg:large

One of the notorious examples of a great 90s band getting radio play due to one of their worst songs.

I'd never seen any version or production of the Sound of Music before, and so I watched the live TV one last week with my girl Carrie, and I've had those songs stuck in my head for days. Those songs are the shit. The Sound of Music is my shit.

I'd never seen any version or production of the Sound of Music before, and so I watched the live TV one last week with my girl Carrie, and I've had those songs stuck in my head for days. Those songs are the shit. The Sound of Music is my shit.

I would ask you to please watch the original at some point.

Does anyone do sex jams better than Prince? I doubt it. Just shazam'd a track called Do Me, Love at the pub. Sensational.

I'm surprised he hasn't been a more obvious influence on hip-hop... Anyone know if he's been sampled much?

Oh man, I'm fucking dying. U2's Facebook page just posted a R. I. P. Nelson Mandela update with a generic link to u2.com...sooooooo out of touch.

Thanks for posting. The home page plays an acoustic version of Breathe with different lyrics and a horrible, horrible vocal from Bono.

Seriously if he sounds like that on the new record I'm gonna have to find a way to pitch his voice down or something.

The guitar actually sounds pretty cool though. I was never a big fan of Breathe.

Yeah, I saw after I posted that the link kinda has something to do with Mandela, but at the end of the day, the link still addresses to u2.com

YouTube was trying really, really hard to get me to watch that. Apparently their ad dept didnt get the memo that while there are some musicals I love in a totally bizarre, out of character sort of way, the sound of music is definitely not one of them.

So The Cure played Burn for the first time ever live a month ago. This was always my favorite Cure track of all time. I let an audible gasp when I saw the setlist, which I went to check out of pure boredom.

This is basically the Cure equivalent of playing Acrobat live for me. Very nice.

That surprises me to hear, that they never play that one, but very cool news. I'll probably have to check out the boot.

Does anyone do sex jams better than Prince? I doubt it. Just shazam'd a track called Do Me, Love at the pub. Sensational.

I'm surprised he hasn't been a more obvious influence on hip-hop... Anyone know if he's been sampled much?

You were so on track with the first paragraph...and then wham! :doh:

Are you sure by "pub" you didn't mean "gentleman's club"? :wink:

Anyways check out Mel'isa Morgan's cover from...85 or so. It went #1 on the RnB charts and is still a slow jam classic. I probably knew that version before Prince's, but ended up liking the original better..I mean, at 8 minutes..well, nevermind lol.

(search "Do Me, Baby", tho..that's the actual title of the track)

Well... "influence" probably wasn't the right word. And that who sampled page shows that he's been sampled left right and centre. I guess in just all that I've read and listened to hip-hop when you hear and read about funk and r&b's influence Prince isn't brought up as much as your Parliaments, Funkadelics, James Browns, etc.

"College commander Bono"

"Sexy slutty Bono"

Are these action figures that someone in PLEBA is cooking up?

the fuck?

hey, you guys, i tried to be a pleban when i first started posting here. i was really bad at it, so unconvincing and apparently weird that another poster here thought i was a gay dude rather than one of those girls. they scared me away long before i stopped listening to the band, clearly i was not one of them.

in other news (although i could make it related news to that embarrassing admission if i really wanted to), i listened to chutes too narrow for the first time in probably 8 or 9 years. why it's been that long is beyond me, it's still a fantastic album without a bad song on it.

So if I buy Haim, Chvrches, and Lucius all at the same time, should I throw in something with a guy singing just to even things out a bit?

the fuck?

hey, you guys, i tried to be a pleban when i first started posting here. i was really bad at it, so unconvincing and apparently weird that another poster here thought i was a gay dude rather than one of those girls. .

Did you have a College Commander Bono doll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom