Project Zero One / Songs of Ascent / New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Valencia.com - Ch U2!?

from google translate:
"A hoax (in English, hoax) or false story is an attempt to convince a group of people that something false is real. Castilian language, the term was popularized mainly by referring to electronic mass delusions, especially the Internet. (WIKIPEDIA)

Many media echo of a story that appeared on a German website, on a statement by Paul McGuinness at Midem few days ago, confirming the new album .. Elsewhere it is confirmed that McGuinness was at the Midem? There was more media present in the statements of McGuinness? What credibility does this site? Why U2.Com, official news source U2 has not said anything?

Well, this news (hoax), expanded the network yesterday. This coupled with the publication (that have now retired) at Amazon.de earthquake has caused among fans of U2.

Discover the whole truth about the new album by listening to the latest U2 Vertigo Radio pogram issued Wednesday in Manises 105.7FM Radio."

I may be overly optimistic, but this site seems to be declaring as a fact that McGuiness' statements were a hoax, and yet the only evidence it offers is the fact that the writer thinks it would have been bigger news? And have been on u2.com by now? :crack:
Seems like because this writer doesn't buy it, it's a hoax...

You mean like U2 > News > 'We're Coming Back...' ?
(I'm not going to link to all those Adam Clayton vids he made, too many)

Yeah, I said it did happen. But it would not be too difficult for them to leave a comment now and then on u2.com. Other bands are much more directly active on their webpage. I don't mean that Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam should post in the forum or anything, but as it is now I feel that u2.com and u2 are completely separated.

Just a "Hey all... we're in the studio as we send this message. Things are moving forward. See you soon", or "Hey all.... we're in the studio as we send this message. We're fucked. We scrapped everything and brought Lanois and Eno in. Lillywhite will be here in 6 months. See you in 3 years." ;)

No, but you know what I mean...

Adam's videos were amazing.

Yeah, I said it did happen. But it would not be too difficult for them to leave a comment now and then on u2.com. Other bands are much more directly active on their webpage. I don't mean that Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam should post in the forum or anything, but as it is now I feel that u2.com and u2 are completely separated.

Maybe they know that we find out things anyway and think why bother then? :)

Just a "Hey all... we're in the studio as we send this message. Things are moving forward. See you soon", or "Hey all.... we're in the studio as we send this message. We're fucked. We scrapped everything and brought Lanois and Eno in. Lillywhite will be here in 6 months. See you in 3 years." ;)

:lol:

at least its a short month :up:

So now we're not in a panic mode with no news at the end of January and giving up on an album before May 2010 ? :up:

May 27 seems a little late given the US leg starts in early May.

Yeah coincide would mean it's released about the same time as the shows take place.

For what it's worth, I vaguely recall that around the time of the announcement of the Mexico City shows (or add-on's) Bono yammered on about a special gift to the those fans. Sounded then like he was talking about a new record. Of course, given my fading memory, and the fact that Bono is the source, it's highly likely that this is all wrong.

For what it's worth, I vaguely recall that around the time of the announcement of the Mexico City shows (or add-on's) Bono yammered on about a special gift to the those fans. Sounded then like he was talking about a new record. Of course, given my fading memory, and the fact that Bono is the source, it's highly likely that this is all wrong.

Hmm, well remember Bono said that there would be "a whole new set of songs for australia, that will probably be played for the first time."
Maybe he was talking about the No Line songs, or the recently debuted songs, all of which hadn't been played in australia, but they ended up playing less new material than in the previous europe leg. But either way, he could be exaggerating about something special for mexico, or he could be referring to songs that just haven't been played in mexico yet.
.... of course, i hope i'm wrong. An album release before mexico would be great :hyper:

Google Translate is terrible. :angry:

Is the McGuinness quote a hoax, or not? :angry:

I think the writer of that article is saying that it is a hoax, but he never provides any reason to think it is, other than saying McGuiness talking would have been bigger news, and that this information would be on u2.com.
... which is obviously not the case :wink:

Tuesday May 10th is Bono's 51st birthday.

Albums in the USA come out on tuesday...

Area 51, in the United States, is a top secret area which the US govt really doesnt even officially recognize, full of conspiracy theories about UFO's and aliens.....also the secretive area which i have been dreaming/writing about for some time in my "stories" :wink:

Prior to NLOTH, Brian Eno said that "numbers" would be central to the theme of that album (not an exact quote). And to some extent they were...does it stop there or is it only the beginning of the mystery...?

Bono 51
5-10-11 = 51
Area 51
360 Tour
Dangerous Mouse
project zero one

im either onto something here, or im just on something. You decide :hug:

(cue the Twilight Zone muzak)

:ohmy:

:beer::cocktail:

I questioned the McGuiness thing from the start for that reason.....who exactly did he give this statement to? A bunch of fans who run a website? He seems to be more professional than that, and if this were the case, you'd think more people would ask him when they see him on the street.

I still don't see any way that U2 changes their release strategy. They've been doing this their entire career, and whether you like it or not, U2 still operates the old fashioned way.

I was really hoping Adam's little teaser clips would be something that continues on for each album, but they've obviously quit doing that. That was a lot of fun and did provide us fans with progress and some inside information on how songs were born.

Now we're back to nothing, which leads me to believe they have nothing.

I think the writer of that article is saying that it is a hoax, but he never provides any reason to think it is, other than saying McGuiness talking would have been bigger news, and that this information would be on u2.com.

I think he wants people to listen to his U2 Vertigo Radio, nothing more...

Mrs. Garrison said:

Area 51, in the United States, is a top secret area which the US govt really doesnt even officially recognize, full of conspiracy theories about UFO's and aliens.....also the secretive area which i have been dreaming/writing about for some time in my "stories" :wink:

Prior to NLOTH, Brian Eno said that "numbers" would be central to the theme of that album (not an exact quote). And to some extent they were...does it stop there or is it only the beginning of the mystery...?

Bono 51
5-10-11 = 51
Area 51
360 Tour
Dangerous Mouse
project zero one

The numbers in this post all added together subtracted by the number of words in this post? 51.

I questioned the McGuiness thing from the start for that reason.....who exactly did he give this statement to? A bunch of fans who run a website? He seems to be more professional than that, and if this were the case, you'd think more people would ask him when they see him on the street.

I still don't see any way that U2 changes their release strategy. They've been doing this their entire career, and whether you like it or not, U2 still operates the old fashioned way.

I was really hoping Adam's little teaser clips would be something that continues on for each album, but they've obviously quit doing that. That was a lot of fun and did provide us fans with progress and some inside information on how songs were born.

Now we're back to nothing, which leads me to believe they have nothing.

Well, even if the Paul McGuiness article is fake, we know they don't have nothing. Way back in october 2010, Bono said they'd made 12 songs with danger mouse, and we've heard since then that the project is being 'polished off' and 'wrapped up'.
They're certainly not empty handed!

bathiu - i agree. It's funny how he says it's a hoax because he personally feels it should have been reported more, and then tacks on "if you want real u2 news, listen to my radio station!". Makes it seem like spiteful journalism or something

I posted this a few weeks back: (BELIEVE)

Here is what will happen:

-The South Africa shows will be more of follow up to the Australia shows, the general setlist.

-U2 will then head over to Dublin/France to finish up the new album with an announcement that a new album is coming May 3rd or 10th.

-U2 will then play South America shows debuting 3-4 new songs. This would put U2 in the unique position of starting a new leg and a new album coming out.

-One of the new songs will be the big single (BD, Vertigo type single the band wants) which will begin getting net play/airplay/youtube play/live play during March & April.

-By the time U2 hits America, May 11th in (Mexico/Denver) their new album will just be released and everyone will know the big single. Thus giving U2 the excitement and momentum for their summer leg.

Bono 51
5-10-11 = 51
Area 51
360 Tour
Dangerous Mouse
project zero one

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

No, MusikWoche is I think something like the German equivalent of Billboard.

Jamie I've just listened to the podcast on Vertigo Radio, what they say is that they don't believe the story about Paul McGuinness giving that interview in the Midem is true because they have been searching for his attendance and couldn't find his name, they also find difficult to understand why no other media were there, he's the manager of one of the biggest or the biggest band in the world and it seems strange, they comment on expecting it to have appeared on U2.com before (which I don't agree at all), but then they start analysing what we know more or less by sure, Bono's comments on having multiple projects, McGuinness' on the band being working in a new project due to be released in autumn (he was in Australia), they give credibility to Amazon, except they think they are guessing the release date, they think it is a bit late as some of us think here, they think that the release will take place in May, but earlier than the 27th and for them the strongest argument that a new album is going to happen is that Moncton gig is announced as the latest American gig, and they always announce their final tour gig explicitly as that, so we are to understand that there will be more.

And that's all they say about the new album release, I hope you find it useful.

Oh, let me tell you Vertigo Radio is just a fan podcast and a weekly radio programme in a little public radio, but they managed to get several interviews with members of the band, especially Bono in the past.

Jamie I've just listened to the podcast on Vertigo Radio, what they say is that they don't believe the story about Paul McGuinness giving that interview in the Midem is true because they have been searching for his attendance and couldn't find his name, they also find difficult to understand why no other media were there, he's the manager of one of the biggest or the biggest band in the world and it seems strange, they comment on expecting it to have appeared on U2.com before (which I don't agree at all), but then they start analysing what we know more or less by sure, Bono's comments on having multiple projects, McGuinness' on the band being working in a new project due to be released in autumn (he was in Australia), they give credibility to Amazon, except they think they are guessing the release date, they think it is a bit late as some of us think here, they think that the release will take place in May, but earlier than the 27th and for them the strongest argument that a new album is going to happen is that Moncton gig is announced as the latest American gig, and they always announce their final tour gig explicitly as that, so we are to understand that there will be more.

And that's all they say about the new album release, I hope you find it useful.

Oh, let me tell you Vertigo Radio is just a fan podcast and a weekly radio programme in a little public radio, but they managed to get several interviews with members of the band, especially Bono in the past.

Thanks Marien!!! :wave: That info makes me very hopeful, everything's looking good.
To be honest, if the paul McGuiness comment was fake, it doesn't really bother me - i could imagine the album actually being completed and sent off to Universal by now (hence how amazon was alerted) rather than the band still working on it in france (as the article had suggested).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom