Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:
Oram gets Monty caught behind.

190 run win.

FUCKING HELL, ENGLAND.

Way to waste our time, you useless pricks.

Axver, do you have an alternate Joshua Tree? I think I remember you having one that was two discs.

damn it i just realized that now i have to shave my legs.

ok gonna get this work done so i can finish master and commander before he calls.

phillyfan26 said:

Most younger Republicans inherit their views from their parents, but are much more normal than their parents.

I keep trying to have faith that the new generation of Republicans will restore sanity in the post-neocon era.

Then 2861U2 posts on FYM and I remember why I fucking hate American politics.

mysterious_jen said:
omg :crack: it is so bright outside.

the sun is not my friend.

Looks like that oft-predicted hot weather is finally materialising today. :|

phillyfan26 said:

I'm unknowledged at fashion, so preppy means nothing to mean. Witchy does, though, so I have an idea of what they look like.

Have you ever met Brian Grandieri? He's a senior on Penn's basketball team. He's from Media.

no i dont actually hang out at penn. this guy is a penn grad, met him in rittenhouse.

phillyfan26 said:
Axver, do you have an alternate Joshua Tree? I think I remember you having one that was two discs.

There's a two disc version floating around that someone's made, claiming to be the restored Joshua Tree. I'm not very keen on its track order, truth be told.

This is my own alternate Joshua Tree, which I love as much as UF:

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
5. Spanish Eyes
6. In God's Country
7. Bullet The Blue Sky
8. Running To Stand Still
9. Red Hill Mining Town
10. One Tree Hill
11. Exit
12. Mothers Of The Disappeared

My whole revisionist history is here, might revise bits and pieces someday soon: http://axverrevisesu2.livejournal.com/

phillyfan26 said:

Most younger Republicans inherit their views from their parents, but are much more normal than their parents.

true. also, many of the young ones are either libertarian (which i am hoping this guy is, but he doesn't like mccain, so probably not, as my libertarian/truecon friends like him) or shaped by 9/11, patriotism, the war on terror, and other such crap. or by the mentality that poor people should be able to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, public assisstance be damned.

i actually know some very smart republicans, who have gone to very good schools and are articulate and nice people. a lot of them are just selfish rich people (ok so nice only extends so far).

Alisaura said:
Hi pfan and Ax and Jen and Vazza (do you actually mind being called that?) and anyone else about... :wave:

Hey Ali! :wave:

I'm just sending out some U2 rarities. Which of the following don't you have?

1. Out Of Control (U2:3 version)
2. Stories For Boys (U2:3 version)
3. Boy/Girl
4. Another Day
5. Twilight (b-side version)
6. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
7. Touch
8. Things To Make And Do
9. J. Swallow
10. A Celebration
11. Treasure
12. Boomerang I
13. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
14. Boomerang II
15. Deep In The Heart
16. Race Against Time

Also, Jen: U2 3 got rejected for being too large. It went through to Ian and PFan though ...

Axver said:

3. Boy/Girl
4. Another Day
6. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
7. Touch
8. Things To Make And Do
9. J. Swallow
10. A Celebration
11. Treasure
12. Boomerang I
14. Boomerang II
15. Deep In The Heart
16. Race Against Time

Also, Jen: U2 3 got rejected for being too large. It went through to Ian and PFan though ...

grrrrr.... dammm . oh well you can leave it, i remember i do have that stuff off a disk called dark and day .. stuff from 78-81 i think . if anyone ever sees thta on vinyl please buy it for me.

Axver said:

3. Boy/Girl
4. Another Day
6. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
7. Touch
8. Things To Make And Do
9. J. Swallow
10. A Celebration
11. Treasure
12. Boomerang I
14. Boomerang II
15. Deep In The Heart
16. Race Against Time

can i get the non-remastered deep in the heart? i know that's silly but...

also i don't have 1 or 2, and i don't think i have 5 but i haven't booted up the itunes/hard drive since the power came back on.

coolian2 said:
Hi Ali!

I have a 2 disc JT, but i can never get settled on the perfect order.
Hey Ian :wave:

I tried the double-album JT, except I don't like Sweetest Thing, and at the time I preferred the live version of Silver and Gold... so I left Sweetest thing off, used the R&H version of Silver and Gold (complete with Bonorant... that got old pretty fast), and put Beautiful Ghost before Streets... it was okay, but I think I'll have to give it another try now that we have the remastered stuff, and I don't mind the studio version of S&G so much... :hmm:

Alisaura said:
Hi pfan and Ax and Jen and Vazza (do you actually mind being called that?) and anyone else about... :wave:

eh, i did at firsts but i'm used to it now, so no biggie. i suppose it sounds more feminine than varitek anyway.

Varitek said:

can i get the non-remastered deep in the heart? i know that's silly but...

also i don't have 1 or 2, and i don't think i have 5 but i haven't booted up the itunes/hard drive since the power came back on.

Sure, I'll send that to you later. Just about to do Another Day/Twilight. I think you do have Twilight, though. If you have all the pre-Boy demo sessions, you do. It's from the February 1979 session that produced Lost On A Silent Planet, False Prophet, etc.

Axver said:

3. Boy/Girl
4. Another Day
6. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
7. Touch
8. Things To Make And Do
9. J. Swallow
10. A Celebration
11. Treasure
12. Boomerang I
14. Boomerang II
15. Deep In The Heart
16. Race Against Time

For what it's worth, i have 11-16.

Axver said:

3. Boy/Girl
4. Another Day
6. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
7. Touch
8. Things To Make And Do
9. J. Swallow

11. Treasure

I deleted the ones I already have... thank you!! :hyper: :bow: :D

Beats talking about cricket or politics... :wink:

Alisaura said:

Hey Ian :wave:

I tried the double-album JT, except I don't like Sweetest Thing, and at the time I preferred the live version of Silver and Gold... so I left Sweetest thing off, used the R&H version of Silver and Gold (complete with Bonorant... that got old pretty fast), and put Beautiful Ghost before Streets... it was okay, but I think I'll have to give it another try now that we have the remastered stuff, and I don't mind the studio version of S&G so much... :hmm:

I have the Sweetest Thing in between Trip and Deep In The Heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom