Prayers Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachel D.

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Last week, my dad found out that he has cancer. It was caught in its early stages, but they have to do some scans on Wednesday this week to make sure that it hasn't spread. We are shocked that he has it at all, because he's only in his early 50s and we didn't think that he would have it, but he does. So please pray for him that there won't be any more cancer anywhere else and that he will be healed from what he does have. Also pray that he will have a positive attitude and strong faith, because he is kind of down about it right now, which is understandable. We're all trying to be positive and to trust God through this situation!

Thank you. :hug:

Thank you, everyone! :hug: He's been pretty worried about it all weekend, as have all of us, and is going to find out the results of the tests tomorrow. We're praying for good news from the doctors!

Good news! The tests didn't show any more cancer! :yippie: Getting good news has really helped Dad to feel better and to cheer up. He still has to get treatment for the cancer he does have, but it's not going to be nearly as bad as it would have been if it had spread. Thank you all for your kindness and please pray that everything will go smoothly with his radiation treatment. God answers prayers!

:applaud::hyper::applaud:

~~Wonderful news~~, rachel!

Hopefully he can get some good sleep, and eat some good healthy food - and some of his favs- even if they are not considered "healthy", too! (Psychological happiness helps, too!)

Extra vitamin C would be good for him go work up to 1 - 3 grams /day divided up over the day. And a the B-complex. C & B's work well together when the body & mind is under extra stress.

These are things I and my family have taken over the decades.

If he likes food with herbs and spices (even if they're only mildly hot, re some spices)--
some of them are excellent cancer fighters, others are great for anti-bacterial, fungal, viral pathogens ( and the body will be under more stress during radiation trreatmens,) and others help keep various system functions or organs in good shape.

Turmeric - In Indian food (esp yellowish-looking curries) has great promise as a cancer fighter. Garlic esp uncooked (if he likes it) is another time honored immune booster. So are raw onions.

I have used herbs and spices (up to moderate hot) for decades as I learned to eat various cuisines from around the world - whether at home cooking/assembling or eating out.
Later I learned more about their inherent medicinal qualities.

My best wishes and hopes are with you, your dad, and fam!:)

:applaud::hyper::applaud:

~~Wonderful news~~, rachel!

Hopefully he can get some good sleep, and eat some good healthy food - and some of his favs- even if they are not considered "healthy", too! (Psychological happiness helps, too!)

Extra vitamin C would be good for him go work up to 1 - 3 grams /day divided up over the day. And a the B-complex. C & B's work well together when the body & mind is under extra stress.

These are things I and my family have taken over the decades.

If he likes food with herbs and spices (even if they're only mildly hot, re some spices)--
some of them are excellent cancer fighters, others are great for anti-bacterial, fungal, viral pathogens ( and the body will be under more stress during radiation trreatmens,) and others help keep various system functions or organs in good shape.

Turmeric - In Indian food (esp yellowish-looking curries) has great promise as a cancer fighter. Garlic esp uncooked (if he likes it) is another time honored immune booster. So are raw onions.

I have used herbs and spices (up to moderate hot) for decades as I learned to eat various cuisines from around the world - whether at home cooking/assembling or eating out.
Later I learned more about their inherent medicinal qualities.

My best wishes and hopes are with you, your dad, and fam!:)

Thanks for the advice! Dad's been drinking more fruit juice lately (especially pomegranate); we usually have some Vitamin C tablets around the house and he takes those pretty regularly. He's supposed to get radiation treatment in January (I don't know why he has to wait that long), so that'll give him some time to load up on extra nutrients.

And thanks again to everyone for your support and prayers! :hug:

Just an update: Dad is going to start radiation treatment tomorrow. He has to do it five days a week for eight weeks. That sounds like a really long time, but it should be painless, especially compared to the surgery that he almost got instead of this. The only thing that I'm really concerned about is that he might have some side effects, especially later on. Other than that, it sounds pretty straightforward; right now we're praying that the treatment does what it's supposed to do and that Dad will feel well throughout the process!

I hope your dad is feeling better soon. I'll pray that he doesn't have bad side effects from the treatment. :hug::hug:

Dad is done with radiation treatment and it went really well! He didn't have any bad side effects. The machine the doctors used to treat him is really advanced and only sends the radiation where it needs to go (unlike the one they had before) so there was less radiation going into places it didn't need to be. They won't be able to tell if the cancer is gone for about a year because it's going to take quite a while for Dad's system to get back to normal, but I really believe that it's gone.

I just thought I'd give an update and say "Thanks!" again for all your prayers and encouragement! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom