Positive Vibes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lauramullen

Blue Crack Distributor
As some of you know, one of my best friends passed away about 2 months ago. Since then I've had a hard time dealing with his death. We were friends since kindergarten. That is 23 years. His name was Steve and he was the type of person who could always make me laugh and cheer me up when I'm sad. He lived life to the fullest and always had fun. He rented a house down the shore every summer and it was just so fun and crazy. Now the summer will never be the same. He was the second child his mother had to bury. Steve's older brother died 11 years ago.He was like a brother to me. Lately, I have been feeling a depressed from his death. He meant so much to me and it just hurts very bad. My fiancee Jason has been a big help, but right now he is away in Phoenix for the next 3 weeks for work. For some reason, right now, I'm finding it really hard to cope with his death.

The day after he died I found out that someone on here was telling people that me and my friends stalk the band. I was very hurt by that and it is not true. I have not addressed that person about it because I don't know if it is true because I heard it from someone else. I want to givethis person the benefit of the doubt because they don't seem like a mean hearted person. I have thought about leaving here after that, but I decided why let that person get me down.

I'm asking just to send some positive vibes my way and to pray for Steve's family.

You have seemed very down Laura! God Bless and may Steve's family and you find strength and comfort.

condolences.jpg

sympathy_buttercups.jpg

So sorry for your loss Laura! :hug: Don't let other mean spirited people bring you down, although I would probably fully admit to being a bit of stalker of U2 myself whenever opportunity permits! :shifty:

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a hard time Laura :hug:
If you ever need someone to talk to, you know where to find me.

Do not let that other person get you down over what they said. I have gotten to know you over this past year and you are a wonderful women with a passion for U2 that is great :up:

I'm keeping you and Steve's family in my prayers :hug:

I'm so sorry you're feeling down, Laura :hug: :hug: :hug: I hope things get better for you soon, and for your friend's family too.

And don't worry about what other people say...sometimes people just don't understand what it's like to be very passionate about something. They shouldn't say things that aren't true.

Feel better :)

Thanks ladies. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

For some reason, in the last week his death has really hit me hard. I think it is because everytime my phone rings or I get a text I'm expecting it to be him. I know that he is in heaven smiling down on me and trying to make me laugh somehow.

:hug: . . . hey Laura, cuz I was off in no mans' land for a while there I had no idea that you lost your best friend . . . that is just too too awful and I really am sorry :hug: . . . hug the memories gorgeous girl and know that it really is so very very okay to feel devastated weeks, months, even years down the track . . . I just figure it's their way of reminding us how very lucky we were to have known that person who meant so very much to us :) I hope it get a little less hurtful for you soon :hug: . . . and I agree with the other lovelies here re other peoples chitter chatter . . . don't give it another moments' thought . . . shout it from the rooftops and own it I say :D :hug:

I'm so sorry to read of your loss, Laura. I've been seeing your sig for a while and knew that you'd lost someone close to you, but didn't know who. Everyone grieves in his or her own way, and in his or her own time. When you need to cry, cry. When you need to lie on the floor and kick your heels and scream, do that, too. And as others have said, when you need to talk, we are all here for you! :hug:

Sorry for your loss.:hug::hug: I was listening to If God Will Send His Angels as I opened this thread and it really made me sad.:sad: I almost cried while reading. I'll be saying some prayers for you and for Steve's family. It's certainly not an easy thing to deal with.

Thanks guys :hug::hug::hug:

I'm going to lunch with his mom on Tuesday. She was a mess over the holidays.

I'm so sorry Laura. :hug: :hug: :hug:
Seems like we're going through a similar time here. I lost my friend back in November and I still miss her like crazy too.
In those times when you feel like crying, cry. Never hold anything in. And if ya need to talk, you know that you can come here. :) :hug:
I agree with Purple here, as well. We were just so lucky to have gotten the chance to meet these people.

Prayers and positive vibes to you and the family. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Liz. I'm sorry about your friend and I know how hard it must be, especially with being so young. I think your friend died right after mine.

Laura I am so sorry about your friend I had absolutley no idea, please email me if you ever need someone to talk to. You know where to find me, :wink:. Also don't you dare leave here because someone is jealous of your experiences, I always find that when someone trash talks its either because they're insecure or jealous, thats what I tell my kiddies anyway. :hug::hug::hug:

Laura I am so sorry about your friend I had absolutley no idea, please email me if you ever need someone to talk to. You know where to find me, :wink:. Also don't you dare leave here because someone is jealous of your experiences, I always find that when someone trash talks its either because they're insecure or jealous, thats what I tell my kiddies anyway. :hug::hug::hug:

:up: :up: :up:

i think i remember this re Steve but NOT sure as it
was just on/right after I moved!

SO Sorry it's hitting you extra hard right now! :hug::hug::hug:

as you know I lost my mom 1 1/2 yrs back and b/c of the oft-nasty roommate ( never told her)--
I often curtailed my grieving ( i tend to be LOUD at times) SO I NEVER completely grieved out the intense reactions.

SO on occasion at NEW home (NO roommies) I've been triggered and let it pour out!

Which you should do as needed, as you can! NO SHAME in that - if that's how you're feeling!

ANd losing Brenda in late summer 09 my sis cried for 2 - 3 weeks x times.... and i' get hit with it too, we still do.

so go ahead.......

and stay here( Interference) and keep being the U2 fan you are. :hug:

Thanks girls. It has been getting better. He is still with me in spirit and looking over me and his family.

JC, I will see you next month, right?

:hyper: YAY! I can't wait for our lunch.

Just saw this Laura, sorry for what you have been going through. Take comfort in knowing you had this wonderful friend in your life. He will never leave you because he is in your heart, memories.

Just think of all the good friends you met here, don't let one ruin it for you! See you next week :hug:

Thanks Ladies. :hug::hug::hug:

I can't wait for the 6th. We're going to have a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom