Positive Vibes Please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonogirl777

Blue Crack Addict
At Tim Horton's with Kristen and Val talking about
Well, it's very likely that I have H1N1. I got tests done today and the results will come back in a couple days. Meanwhile, I sit on my couch feeling like crap. :lol:

But at least my doctor has prescribed Tamiflu which is supposed to lessen the symptoms. I hate it. The chills and the immense aches and especially the respitory problems. I'm coughing insessantly and it's hard to breathe!!

I came down with it on Saturday night at my friend's house. I awoke at about 11:30 shaking badly. I thought it might just be a cold. But I just couldn't stop shaking and quivering. It was just so bad. So I woke my friend up to tell her and she offered me her huge blanket and that helped a little. I think the shaking was to bring down the fever that I also had since that's the body's way of doing that. And the next morning, I just kinda felt like I had a cold. But when my mom came to pick me up, I was feeling like I had just been hit by a truck. The shivering was back but not nearly as severe as the night before. So I've been feeling like absolute shite ever since.

I just need some positive vibes at the moment. :) Thanks. :hug:

AWWW!

Poor BB

Sending hot soup and a snuggie ur way!
soup.jpg

6a00e54ee0f61288340111688a7107970c-800wi

:( This is so crappy. I'll just think that you do not have piggy flu, and I will make it be so!! Cuz I can do that :wink:

Feel better :hug:

:hug:Poor you, Liz I hope you are feeling better soon and I hope it's not that drat nasty flu. Did you get a flu shot? You've had more than the fair share of aches and pains! :hug: Keep yourself hydrated, warm, well-rested and keep us posted. Anything we can do for you to keep you entertained or help you get well just let us know!

:heart:

Thank you everybody. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yes, it is the swine flu. I got tested and the results came back negative for H1N1 (as they usually do, actually) but my doctor just diagnosed it as H1N1. That's usually what happens. The tests may still come out negative because it's not a specific test for the H1N1 strain. I think it's some sort test for influenza. But because my doctor just saw me, he thinks it's swine.

No, I didn't get a vaccine. They ran all out and I have no idea when they're coming out with more. Shortages everywhere! And they didn't have any at school. And my school is one of the biggest in the state. I don't know how they choose which schools to give vaccines to, but my school wasn't on the list for recieving it in the next couple weeks, even. It's useless.

The CDC has turned the H1N1 vaccine distribution system into a clusterfuck. My brother's considered high-risk and he hasn't been vaccinated against the pig because THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT WON'T GIVE HIS DOCTOR'S OFFICE THE VACCINE.

:hug: Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon. I hear most people are over the pig in less than two weeks.

So...I guess I don't have swine flu. I guess it's some sort of bronchial whatever that can be cured with some Penicillin that my doctor has just prescribed. So I'll get that ASAP tomorrow. So hopefully I'll see some progress with that. :)

God, it's so great to visit Interference again. :hug: :heart:

Those will help, but ask your mom to get you some calamine (preferably the clear stuff). It kills the itch of chicken pox, so I imagine it can take the sting out of the fake swine flu meds.

So I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow to just be checked out. :) I've taken one pill of the Penicillin already and in another hour I'll take another one.

My mom is down to the store to get me some Benadryl for my persisting hives (which is a symptom of swine flu, believe it or not. :angry: ) I'm just paranoid about my doctor's ability to diagnose something right. :madwife:

So yeah, I thought I'd just check in for a little bit. :hug:

Hope your feeling better soon. :hug::hug::hug:

The penicilan might make you feel a little sick. The first time I took it in awhile it made me sick to my stomach, but it passed.

Back
Top Bottom