Pop and Zoo DVDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Full Joshua Tree concert from Tempe Arizona, 1987 where they filmed some of the DVD there.

2. Glasgow, UF tour, incredible gig.

3. Reggio Emilia, 1997, Popmart.

4. Torino Italy, Elevation.

5. Croke Park 3 would be great, Vertigo.

kennerado said:
All I want is one of those Sydney Lovetown shows to be released on DVD.

If they release a Lovetown show, it will be a Dublin one.

U2girl said:
Well Sydney and Mexico will probably end up on DVD, as hinted at by the trailors on Boston DVD. (Red rocks too, someday?)

I didn't see these trailers. What did the hints sound like?

About a minute or so footage - Zoo station and Mofo from their respective shows.

clifedge said:

I didn't see these trailers. What did the hints sound like?

It was like I said "trailers" , it were actually the 2 first minutes of the videos , including a bit of Zoo Station and the end of Pop Musick , begin of Mofo.

Rattle and Hum Special Edition

With:

1. Commentary by Joanou/full-band
2. 5.1 Digital Surround
3. Anamorphic widescreen
4. The best of the outtakes
5. "The Making of Rattle and Hum" TV special

Anyone?

Plus the christmas song they did in 1987 and shot at a soundcheck.

I should also point out that ZOOTV and Popmart were both released as laserdiscs, and that is the source for some bootlegs. There's no generational loss if copied properly.

u2fp

theu2fly said:
1. Full Joshua Tree concert from Tempe Arizona, 1987 where they filmed some of the DVD there.

2. Glasgow, UF tour, incredible gig.

3. Reggio Emilia, 1997, Popmart.

4. Torino Italy, Elevation.

5. Croke Park 3 would be great, Vertigo.

1. I want this as well.

3. I totally would like to see 150.000 persons in a u2 show

5. Would love to see another show in dublin , besides this awesome tour , but I think Milan will do just fine for the Std show DVD ,

nathan1977 said:
Rattle and Hum Special Edition

With:

1. Commentary by Joanou/full-band
2. 5.1 Digital Surround
3. Anamorphic widescreen
4. The best of the outtakes
5. "The Making of Rattle and Hum" TV special

Anyone?

u2rattleandhumhddvd.jpg

Whatever features are going to be released on the U2 HD DVD will likely be the final official release.

By the way, I don't think this HD DVD will look much better than the DVD on a good upscaling player. I say that because the DVD is very grainy, so the HD DVD version will likely be just as grainy (and I've read a review of Rattle & Hum on HDNet before, and the reviewer said it was pretty grainy as well).

Now, the HD version of Vertigo - Chicago would be incredible... I'm guessing no one here has ever seen U2 Live in Chicago in HD? (if so, I'd die for a .ts version :drool: )

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=631988&page=2&pp=30 <-- screen captures of it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom