Pop 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP-ROMANCER

War Child
IF (!!) it's true that u2 are going to re record pop, I'm just wondering how they will do it.

Will there just be the same songs on the album in the same running order or will they include other or better songs. Maybe HMTMKMKM or Holy Joe?

Will the album be re-released or are they doing it just for the fans who can buy online a new copy of pop?

When they choose to re-release the album, what about a single? Will they just call the album POP with the same cover or maybe they call it 're-pop' or 'pop-2' or 'poptake-2'?

New vocals?
Edit lines in songs?
Some new parts of lyrics?

So, what do they mean by FIXING the album. Will they jusfix it for 'themselves' or for the hardcore fans?

BTW I LOVE POP, so I think they must leave it alone.

Im not FOR this idea at all. I hope it doesnt happen. I love POP the way it is, and if they re-did it, it would just be like an album of re-mixes for me.
As bad and as money-grabbing as Linkin Park when they released 'Re-Animation'.

I'm not for the idea too...
Pop is an album that which feeling and which music (ok, music is intemporal...) belongs to that era...
I don't want another Pop! Pop is Pop and we don't need another one...

How about this?

Pop Part ll – A Second Album

A collection of Pop B-Sides and several Passengers tracks.

1. Pop Muzik (PopMart Mix Radio Edit) 4:04
2. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
3. Holy Joe
4. Heaven
5. Big Girls Are Best
6. Elvis Ate America
7. Happiness Is A Warm Gun
8. Slug
9. Your Blue Room
10. I’m Not Your Baby
11. North And South Of The River
12. Miss Sarajevo

Notes:

4. The Howie B. Hairy B. Mix of Discotheque. However, different music and lyrics.
5. A song from the Pop recording sessions released on an ATYCLB single.
9. Interestingly released on the Staring At The Sun single.
10. From the Pop recording sessions – The End Of Violence Soundtrack.

yeah that can be a part 2 , but when they do this they haven't FIXED pop. They're not going to make this thing, but they want to make pop better...

I do not think that my version Pop 2 is what U2 would release. U2 has been talking about re-recording the original album. My creation is just something different with songs from the Pop era. Maybe some fans would find it as interesting or more interesting than the original ablum. Or better yet, some may want to combine tracks from both and create their own version of Pop.

Back
Top Bottom