Poowong, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Ax, I was watching a music video yesterday on YouTube and it appeared that you were in it, in teenage form.

You're such a mean big sister.*

*I admit to being sarcastic in reference to my sister

... you have a sister?

Alison, her friend Katrina and I fly out to Brisbane tonight (I refrain from calling it Bris-Vegas....because that is just plain dumb!)

It's usually Brisvegas to me ... in a very, very, very sarcastic and mocking sense.

Ear-Planes successfully obtained! Thanks for the offer though. :up:

Is there no 1000-Mikes sort of thing organised in Aus? I hesitate to volunteer because I may be an unreliable source, but I can give it a shot if no one else can...?

Good stuff!

Alas, even if 1000 Mikes were down here, it's no longer an option: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f306/no-more-live-streams-of-the-shows-208662.html

And Ax, I was watching a music video yesterday on YouTube and it appeared that you were in it, in teenage form.

Haha, what song?

Actually, it's the first time I've bothered, and it's only one shirt. :wink:

So after trying to get rid of the stains manually I achieved moderate success, heh. Take that, stupid washing machine and powder.

Well, good on you for even that much... I know plenty of people who are much much older than you who still have their mums doing all their washing for them.

Well, good on you for even that much... I know plenty of people who are much much older than you who still have their mums doing all their washing for them.

I can be quite determined at times, so when something's not right I can't rest easy until I make at least some progress in eradicating the problem.

I guess I do have a fair bit of responsibility in this time of my life, like having a bathroom which I have to look after all the time. However, if I ever said that to my parents I'd be getting a "back in my day" sort of response. :happy:

He didn't go "NOOOOOO!!" when he found out Leia was his sister... everyone else just goes "ew" when she kisses him earlier on. :huh: But maybe he was thinking "NOOOO!!"... " *L*

I confess that I guessed that part in my previous post, but good to see that I wasn't too far off.

I was bored. The reason I do...pretty much everything....

SpongeBath.jpg

Sigh. No more sig. GoogleAds. Not being premium sucks.

...No offense to other non-premiums.

I'm not going to bother getting premium since I don't want to be disappointed after it expires.

I've had mine pretty much since I joined. feels naked without it.

That'd be cool if you could ... whichever's easiest for you, maybe text? Does your phone even work on Twitter?

I have successfully test text-tweeted in the past... Is it easier for you to check your phone or my neglected Twitter page?
And can you give me any formatting and time-saving setlist tips?

Sigh. No more sig. GoogleAds. Not being premium sucks.

...No offense to other non-premiums.

Has it been a year already??

:hug: I can't believe I was paying for membership for all those years when I never posted... :der:

Frudging Melbourne airport parking confuses me!

:hug:

At least you'll know for next time...!

I have successfully test text-tweeted in the past... Is it easier for you to check your phone or my neglected Twitter page?
And can you give me any formatting and time-saving setlist tips?

Maybe send it to my phone. Especially if you don't want me to credit your Twitter account, inevitably leading randoms to go look and add you for no good reason! Plus you could send me abbreviations that most people might not know, and I can then expand them out for use on Twitter, like I know that YNWA refers to the You'll Never Walk Alone snippet in Walk On but I bet most people wouldn't get it!

I often try to combine multiple texts into one and do them during a handy lull. Like I'd do Crazy and its snippets quickly during the outro before SBS, and also type in SBS and hit send when I heard the first drum beat.

That'd be cool if you could ... whichever's easiest for you, maybe text? Does your phone even work on Twitter?

If you can text, you can update Twitter. At least as far as I know here in the states.

If you can text, you can update Twitter. At least as far as I know here in the states.

Not here! For whatever reason, the verification text won't go through from my phone to Twitter's Australia number. I suspect because you can only select Telstra as your provider, and I'm with Vodafone.

I have been able to get Twitter to work via text to a UK number, but that's obviously a bit less than ideal. Matt and I spent quite a while puzzling over this before Melbourne I; in the end we just gave up on the Aussie number.

Axver said:
Especially if you don't want me to credit your Twitter account, inevitably leading randoms to go look and add you for no good reason!

Isn't that the idea of twitter? :wink:

I'm not committing to anything yet. The only show I would put my hand up for is Brisbane 2....but we'll see.

Heh, I've made a point of not linking my own account from U2gigs just to avoid a heap of traffic. atU2 once replied to something I said and even that sent a bunch of randoms over to my account.

How are things up in Brissie?

ah right. Well i have randoms add me all the time, but none of them really send me any stuff, so it doesn't really bother me.

Things are going alone lazily, I haven't dragged myself out of bed yet!

Text it is, then... Again, I won't make any guarantees for reliability, especially regarding snippets (I didn't get the YNWA acronym until you spelled it out, oops), but I'll try. Hopefully there will be a bootleg eventually to confirm everything!

I don't think just calling you and leaving my phone on in my pocket would work, since a) I dunno how long the battery would last, and b) the sound would be shit and consist mostly of crowd/pocket/me noise.

Brisbane is overcast and damp today... So much for "Beautiful one day, perfect the next"!

Oh fuck, I turn on the cricket an hour late and miss five wickets! Trust my luck. I even checked it earlier to see if it had begun already and it hadn't. Then I got caught up on U2gigs. U2.com just leaked Santiago.

Hope texting isn't too hard for you, Alison. Only send every few songs if you'd like, and I should be able to decipher acronyms for anything routine, like if you send Crazy Rel TT, I'd get that it's Crazy Tonight with Relax and Two Tribes snippets. Calls are difficult, and the thing is, the data networks are so overloaded that they drop all the time. Texts are more reliable in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom