Poll : The best closer song!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
only having Walk On and 40 to choose from...I'd have to go with Walk On. Much more upbeat and feel like they leave on a high note with that song.

One closed some of the legs in Popmart... they rarely did "Wake Up Deadman" in full.

War through Love Town was 40.

ZOO was Love is Blindness / Can't Help Falling In Love

Elevation was Walk On

Vertigo... well, there isn't a solid one... which is really odd.

Walk on was a great closer - really emotional.

Couldn't stand wake up dead man though, what a let down, The concert I went to, everyone just kinda stood around saying, is that it? and then ambled out of the stadium.

And Vertigo encore blew the lid off Manchester this year. Brilliant closer..... Left everyone on a high.

I wish I had heard Bad as a closer, I missed it by one night, heard "40" the night before at Staples.. Saw 5 shows this tour SD1, 2.. ANA 1.. LA 1 and most recently LA 3 .. all sets were closed with "40"

Walk on is brilliant (easily their best track off Leave Behind) really shocked it has not been a staple of this tour (even though they are now rotating it in and out) I was 0-5 with Walk on unfortunately haha...

they should bounce Elevation for Walk On (but play Walk on as encore or closer) I'm 5-5 with Elevation and though it was a good opener last tour but the new extended intro version is prob the weakest track on the set....

Incidentally are they playing the "halleujas" with Walk On this time? that is really overwhelming live (totally agree with previous poster)... Even seeing it on the Boston DVD gives me goosebumps

"40" is cool but does not evoke that sort of emotion..

This is a tough one for me but I will go with:

1. Bad. It's beautiful, long and the band can pretty much do what they want with it. It's just a perfect closer. :drool:

2. Love is blindness. I just kinda like the way that it closed out the album and the tour. It's like U2 meant it to be a closer all along.

3. Walk On/ Hallelujas. Really that song left everyone on a high note. I'm not as religious as U2 is, but the Hallelujas really felt right about the Elevation tour.

4. "40". What's so cool is how each band member exits separately and then the man who formed the band is out there last, as it should be. After all, he's the one guilty of forming this band in the first place. ;)

I may have ranked them, but there isn't much separating them in my opinion. I've just always loved "Bad" and when I DJ'ed college radio, I always used that song to close out the station's broadcasting day at 2 am. It's a truly beautiful song and a natural way to close out a concert or your day in general. :) I'm a little bummed that it won't be the one they chose for the DVD concert but I still love "40" too.

I am still torn between BAD and Walk On. Both songs have wonderful lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom