Pleban Girls Party - We've Got U(2) Under Our Skin......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For you GG, anything....

Mehta has developed a well-earned reputation as an innovative and courageous filmmaker whose movies often address the universal issue of identity and tradition, however she is not without controversy. Her films often have a humanist vein, attacking intolerance and prejudice, as well as expressing her outspoken distaste for hypocrisy. In India, her film Fire inspired a great deal of backlash, many (mostly men) were offended by the portrayal of the lesbian relationship (many saying such a thing did not exist in their culture, others saying it would be less offensive if the women has been Muslim instead) and who felt their way of life, the status quo, might be threatened. Controversy was revived once more when Mehta attempted to film Water in India. Protests broke out as rumours spread about the possible subject matter of the film, and she was forced to end up filming elsewhere. Further, some accuse Mehta of simply trying to make a fast dollar by appealing to the West by portraying Hindiusm in a negative light and accuse her of exaggerating obscure practices, demonizing the culture.

:combust:

That's hot, ain't it? :wink:

greeneyedgirl said:
Ok, I just skimmed over that whole thing and I didn't catch any glimpse of an HD or leather or satin sheets or dark hallways with handsome Irish guys lurking about.......

:grumpy:

:wink:

:lol:

Awwww.....I thought you were up to all kinds.

:hmm:

Mehta has developed a well-earned reputation as an innovative and courageous HD filmmaker whose movies often address the universal issue of identity and tradition and leather pants, however she is not without satin sheets. Her films often have a humanist vein, attacking in dark corners and alleys, as well as expressing her outspoken distaste for underwear. In India, her film hot melting sensous Fire inspired a great deal of (mostly kinky) men to backlash, were offended by the portrayal of the lesbian relationship (many saying such a thing did not exist in their culture, others saying it would be less offensive if the women has been Muslim instead) Rock the Cashbah baby. and who felt their way of life, the status quo, might be threatened. Controversy was revived once more when Mehta attempted to film Water: Skinny dipping in India. Protests broke out as rumours spread about the possible subject matter of the film, Bono, and she was forced to end up filming elsewhere in my bedroom. Further, some accuse Mehta of simply trying to make a fast dollar by appealing to the West by portraying Hindiusm in a negative light and accuse her of exaggerating obscure practices, demonizing the culture.

GG how are you doing? :hug:

Drea would the PM be a certain cap that melted my brain? :wink:

Of course as soon as I said Hi I lost my connection. :angrywife: I'm hiding in the bedroom, so I had to walk all the way across the house to turn the modem on and off again. Man life is just rough! :madspit: :lol:

^:lol: Well, it would be a cap :wink:

(I finished the shawl btw :D - on Sat and wove the ends in tonight, and I need to block it, but bed calls *g*)

I want to see pictures of it once its blocked, Drea! :hyper: :drool: NIghty night

I'm hiding in the bedroom silly, not the bathroom. But if you really wanted I could go computer in the bathtub. :lol: I'm just sick of hearing the tv, so I came in here to relax and listen to music. B stayed home sick today, so he is watching tv.

Mischief....we never do that! :wink:

Oooo I almost forgot to tell you I had my meeting with the musician on Monday about using his song. He was a total doll and I knew it was gold when he said three little words everyone loves to hear.

"I love U2!" :D mwhahahaha

Seriously he was really nice. I was so nervous my palms were sweating and my mouth got so dry it was hard to speak. But I got through it. At one point he was so cute and so into what I was saying he put his head back and closeds his eyes trying to imagine what I was describing. I about swooned at that point. :drool: When we were wrapping things up he got this sweet little look on his face and then asked if I was going to use the lyrics or not. I had told him that I might not when he called to set up the meeting. He practically begged me to use them. He said he would really love it if I did. I told him I would try to incorporate them then. Thankfully I had left room in case it seemed like he was cool with it. I totally wanted to hug him when I left, but I resisted the urge. :wink:

Sorry I got a phone call from a friend.

I'm working on three pieces right now. One is going to be a large photograph of Bs hands about three times the normal size. Its for a show called "Beauty in Imperfection". The next one is still in the very beginning stages, so far its a collage of alot of ideas. And the last one is the one I'm doing using GHs music. Its an abstract picture of another world. Its supposed to feel like your peering out through a forest off into the distance. I've just started piecing it together. I have 6 or 7 months to do all of them, so I'm taking my time.

My health is back to sucking big time, but there is nothing to do now, but wait it out and hope it gets better. :madspit:

How is school going?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom