Pleba Girls Party: Riding bulls with big horns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bye Mucca! :hug: Have fun! :heart:

Sadly I have to go as well. Mini-cat and Fluffy are fighting over toys again. I think its time that everyone has a nap. :evil: :giggle: I'll see you guys later. :wave: :hug:

hallooo! :wave:
rite u know i got quiz'd by me old manager?
well hes come back with these ones!

Gregg[his brother] started a rendition of 40 in Paris with a 1/4 of the crowd joining in.
This song is a COPY from where???
Where does Bono's name come from
Where does the Edge come from
What happened during Live Aid during the performance of Bad

rachie said:
hallooo! :wave:
rite u know i got quiz'd by me old manager?
well hes come back with these ones!

Gregg[his brother] started a rendition of 40 in Paris with a 1/4 of the crowd joining in.
This song is a COPY from where???
Where does Bono's name come from
Where does the Edge come from
What happened during Live Aid during the performance of Bad

First question?? :shrug:

Bono's name?
It's a nick name from his friends, who were in a "gang" Lypton Village, it's from a hearing aid Store. Bono Vox of OConnell street.

Edge...his family started in england before moving to Ireland near Adam clayton (details??)
Adam I think is from Aldehyde??

Live aid
Bono spotted a girl getting crushed in the crowd, jumped down from the stage, got her pulled from the crowd and danced with her. A defining moment in U2's history.

rachie said:
ah! see i thought the crowd thing was sunday bloody sunday so thats why i was puzzled hes trying to catch me out!
couldnt remembner if edge was england or wales, and i was to lazy to check bonos name in his book hahaha!

Wel, I think it happened at the end of SBS, and because he was with her, he didn't sing, so they did an extended, instrumental version of Bad??
I haven't seen Live AID..
Only the SBS performance, and he didn't jump during it.

Edge may origiinally be from wales...before his family moved to Ireland. Me no sure.

MBS said:

Wel, I think it happened at the end of SBS, and because he was with her, he didn't sing, so they did an extended, instrumental version of Bad??

Edge may origiinally be from wales...before his family moved to Ireland. Me no sure.

Edge's rents from Wales. Edge was born in Barking Essex just a couple of miles away from me. He went over to Ireland when he was a baby :cute:

MBS said:

It happened near the end of Bad... I asked for the dvd for Christmas, and the first thing I watched was U2 ;) :edge: :adam: and :larry: just kept playing till :bono: got back *g*

Drea said:

It happened near the end of Bad... I asked for the dvd for Christmas, and the first thing I watched was U2 ;) :edge: :adam: and :larry: just kept playing till :bono: got back *g*

You so learned :love:

WildHoney said:

Edge's rents from Wales. Edge was born in Barking Essex just a couple of miles away from me. He went over to Ireland when he was a baby :cute:

Neato! :happy:

A wealth of U2 knowledge here....tis scary. :wink:

Where 40 comes from...like the song? :hmm:
Not sure....

And did he get the questions you asked before?

Rachie...
3. Why did they call the song "40"?

Bono had this to say at the Chicago show on April 29, 1987:

"This is a song that when we were being thrown out of the studio... we spent ten minutes writing this next song, ten minutes recording it, ten minutes mixing it, ten minutes playing it back, and that's nothing to do with why it's called '40'."

The lyrics are based on Psalm 40 from the Bible, the most plausible reasoning behind the title of the song. [AC]

That help?

The interference clock screwed me up, so I thought I had less time than I did. :madspit: I don't have to leave until almost 6 since the family is next door! :happy:

Back
Top Bottom