Pleba Girls Party - Midnight is where the day begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was quite a bit younger we used to play scrabble alot, but I had the wonderful luck of always getting stuck with the randomest letters.
So on occassion, I was allowed to try and use the dictionary to help.

And *no one* can find insane words that happen to perfectly fit with your letters as well as I could.
:happy:

Mmm.....except for that, it wasn't uncommon for me to devise ways to play multi-player games ...alone.
<cue appropriate lonely music :wink: >

</random>

That second part makes me look so sad. :tsk:

:heart: scrabble.

Anyone hear played strip crazy 8's and/or Go fish?

No?

Just me.

I didn't doubt that. :lol:

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:
When I was quite a bit younger we used to play scrabble alot, but I had the wonderful luck of always getting stuck with the randomest letters.
So on occassion, I was allowed to try and use the dictionary to help.

And *no one* can find insane words that happen to perfectly fit with your letters as well as I could.
:happy:

Mmm.....except for that, it wasn't uncommon for me to devise ways to play multi-player games ...alone.
<cue appropriate lonely music :wink: >

</random>

That second part makes me look so sad. :tsk:

I :heart: scrabble.

I sympathize.
:lol: No one will ever play scrabble with me! :scream:

We'll have to organize a tournament for May :wink:

VP I honestly don't remember what my high score is... it's not that high though :yikes:

and calling on Sarah to help - isn't that sort of like your mom calling you to help with crossword puzzles? :eyebrow: :laugh:

Sad_Girl said:

The Katrina benefit. It may take an hour and a half to download; and thats hoping the hosts stay online that long :uhoh: but I have a line on it at least :wink:

and yes, Johnny fit that song perfectly :yes: I really loved his voice

Night Dazz :hug:

My parents were big fans of his (Johnny's, not Trent's :wink: ), and a lot of older country, too. I've got a lot of his stuff on my old computer, but I do have some of it burned onto cds, and I was listening to it just the other day. I was so happy to see him come back into vogue, being appreciated by rock musicians in the 90's-00's, while being virtually ignored by the new (crap, IMO) country industry. Same with Loretta Lynn. Took rock musicians to make them cool again. :up:

~BrightestStar~ said:

i used to do that too :happy:

~BrightestStar~ said:

No?

Just me.

:ohmy:

i've rarely ever played either of those games minus the strip bit, let alone with it:wink:

VintagePunk said:

My parents were big fans of his (Johnny's, not Trent's :wink: ), and a lot of older country, too. I've got a lot of his stuff on my old computer, but I do have some of it burned onto cds, and I was listening to it just the other day. I was so happy to see him come back into vogue, being appreciated by rock musicians in the 90's-00's, while being virtually ignored by the new (crap, IMO) country industry. Same with Loretta Lynn. Took rock musicians to make them cool again. :up:

:yes: I agree; I have a lot of issues with many current 'Country' acts. I love Hank Williams (Sr) and Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Etc... there is an honesty in their music you don't find many places any more.

and the download is already at 41 % so I may get it done and uploaded to YSI tonight :up:

~BrightestStar~ said:

No?

Just me.

No, but you just made me think of something ... :drool:

Friends and I used to play the craziest Uno games with one little variation which made them last forever ... instead of stopping with "draw two" or "draw four," we'd keep making players draw cards until they had what they needed. We were very mean.

:evil:

VintagePunk said:

:eek:hmy :

:reject :

I'd honestly never thought of it that way!

Thanks, SG. :angry : I'm my mother! : happy:

:|

:lmao:

:yikes: Yeah... I didn't really think when I typed that, did I? :reject: sorry!

I occassionally glimpse my mother in my own actions or gestures :yikes: scary!

Forgive me? :sad: :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

Alone? :eyebrow :lmao

:lmao:

I *knew* I should have clarified those parts of the post as being unrelated. :angry:

Nah, at school one day when we were rather bored....:lol:

*pauses to remember her english teacher's :)heart: ) face when he came back to his room to find us all hanging out sockless, and my one friend taking off his pullover. :lmao:

(Shame we had to make the down to skimpiest acceptable clothing rule. Kinda ruined the point. :lol: )

Sad_Girl said:

I sympathize.
:lol: No one will ever play scrabble with me! :scream

We'll have to organize a tournament for May :wink

Uh oh! I better start reading the dictionary now in preparation! :happy:

and calling on Sarah to help - isn't that sort of like your mom calling you to help with crossword puzzles? :eyebrow :laugh

:laugh:!!

Sad_Girl said:

:yes: I agree; I have a lot of issues with many current 'Country' acts. I love Hank Williams (Sr) and Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Etc... there is an honesty in their music you don't find many places any more.

and the download is already at 41 % so I may get it done and uploaded to YSI tonight :up:

Patsy Cline :drool: :sad: One of my all-time favourite female vocalists.

Yay for speedy downloads!! :happy:

I'll finally get my Trent version! :drool: :hug:

All I can say, tre and SG, based on the one time I played a strip card game game, is that if you ever do play in a strip card game, is:

1. be good at the game you're playing and

2. wear plenty of items of clothing to the game.

Jax, i'm not sure i know that game :scratch:

jobob said:
All I can say, tre and SG, based on the one time I played a strip card game game, is that if you ever do play in a strip card game, is:

1. be good at the game you're playing and

2. wear plenty of items of clothing to the game.

:lol: sounds like good advice:wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:
^^ VP :lmao:

Let's play I never!

I bet I'd win! :happy:

.................that is a good thing....right?

:sigh:

:lol:

I think I'd give you some stiff competition Bri :laugh: *remembers a drunken (not me, I'd only had 2 drinks) game of I Never at a Canada Day party 5 or 6 years ago*

Back
Top Bottom