Pleba Girls Party: All Star Action!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok - just plain out old fashioned random picture posting mayhem :rockon: woo-hoo! :wink:

upload26.jpg

upload27.jpg

upload25.jpg

Russty!!!

3 :scratch: things i think.....

oh yeah, now i remeber all 3.....

1) Verrrry nice part of you gigundo project...is that the one your were so fretful over about ? 4-6 wks back?

2) I'm very glad you found someone who re-encourged myou to go back to artmaking! tHAT was your story from ?2 threads back?

3) the Godess of Pleabaville should have us doing something artistic at the same time in one room.....

*suddenly PLBN thots ...interpose themsevles.... *like both of us painting a nude B! *:shifty: :laugh:

Russty Cat said:

:hug: Drea hey I give you a ton of credit for doing afghans like that. That is a ton of work. I use to crochet alot years ago, but I was always using other peoples patterns.

My nickname at the guild is "the granny queen" because those are my favourite kinds of squares to do (nothing fancy either, just the plain ones ;)) I mostly do granny square afghans or granny rectangle ones (sew a few granny squares of any size you want together in line, pick a corner to start from and go around the rectangle till you feel like stopping), because I can just use whatever colours I feel like *g*, or a couple easy and fast ripple patterns :) I tend to be boring in my pattern choices *snerk*

I have this one afghan I designed in my head (for my character to give as a gift in an RPG), but I've never tried to put it to graph paper or actually do it... based on a banner-type thing my parents were given when my sister was born. It's beautiful in my head, but I don't think I'll ever (a)find the colours to match or (b)really get the motivation to do it, because the colour changes involved would probably drive me nuts :lol:

dazzledbylight said:
Jobob I'm so very sorry about your dad missing your sucessful graduation :( :(

Thanks all of you who just said that. I had my problems with Dad over the years, but he always wanted me to get an education.

My stepmother is still here, and she wants to go to my commencement. Problem is, my university in its infinite burecratic lack of wisdom, makes summer grads wait until December for their commencement ceremonies. This to me will be anticlimatic.

So after my seminar, internship, and paper are all done, I'm going to reread Bono's speech to the Penn class of 2000-whatever and pretend he's my commencement speaker. :)

greeneyedgirl said:
Russty......Tattoo......?

Tattoo what? Stand still long enough and I'd be happy to oblige. :wink:

Did you mean you want to see the pictures? I was bad and got two. :evil: :lol:

dazzledbylight said:
Russty!!!

3 :scratch: things i think.....

oh yeah, now i remeber all 3.....

1) Verrrry nice part of you gigundo project...is that the one your were so fretful over about ? 4-6 wks back?

2) I'm very glad you found someone who re-encourged myou to go back to artmaking! tHAT was your story from ?2 threads back?

3) the Godess of Pleabaville should have us doing something artistic at the same time in one room.....

*suddenly PLBN thots ...interpose themsevles.... *like both of us painting a nude B! *:shifty: :laugh:

Yep that is a piece of the big pain in the bum. I ended up deciding to do it in smaller sections which will then be connected together to be a whole piece.

Yeah, I'm blessed that I have some great people in my life who helped me realize that I was wasting away my life without working. My parents have finally accepted that I'm a full time artist and that has helped a lot.

As for doing a nude b, just let me know when. :giggle: I've done many male nudes years ago, but probably none as pretty as B. :sexywink:

Sad_Girl said:
Ok - just plain out old fashioned random picture posting mayhem :rockon: woo-hoo! :wink:

upload26.jpg

upload27.jpg

Is it bad that I'm :giggle:ing over the fact that Edge and Bono both have the raccoon eyes thing going? ;) Those two should know about sunblock by now! *snerk*

Practically shirtless!laughing!Larry... :drool:

Drea said:

My nickname at the guild is "the granny queen" because those are my favourite kinds of squares to do (nothing fancy either, just the plain ones ;)) I mostly do granny square afghans or granny rectangle ones (sew a few granny squares of any size you want together in line, pick a corner to start from and go around the rectangle till you feel like stopping), because I can just use whatever colours I feel like *g*, or a couple easy and fast ripple patterns :) I tend to be boring in my pattern choices *snerk*

I have this one afghan I designed in my head (for my character to give as a gift in an RPG), but I've never tried to put it to graph paper or actually do it... based on a banner-type thing my parents were given when my sister was born. It's beautiful in my head, but I don't think I'll ever (a)find the colours to match or (b)really get the motivation to do it, because the colour changes involved would probably drive me nuts :lol:

Now I know who to hit up when I need a blanket for a gift. :giggle: Come on you know you want to try graphing it out just to see if it would actually work. :lol: I actually made my brother and sister in law a huge afghan for their wedding gift. It fits their king size bed. :giggle: I still have major disdain for my brother, but I figured my SIL deserved a condolence gift for marrying the bastard. :laugh:

Yay, my laptop finally let me right click and save SG's Bono pics! Oh happy day!

Suggestion of the Night:
Dear FedEx: Thanks for letting me track my package at fedex.com and confirming A. You tried to leave it at my door today, and B. The place you've sent it back to for me to go pick it up. However, why don't you have an e-mail link on your site so I can let you know I'll be there tomorrow night and not to try me again at home when I'm at work again tomorrow?
Sincerely, Me.

Bri! Come out, come out where ever you are!

Russty Cat said:

Now I know who to hit up when I need a blanket for a gift. :giggle: Come on you know you want to try graphing it out just to see if it would actually work. :lol: I actually made my brother and sister in law a huge afghan for their wedding gift. It fits their king size bed. :giggle: I still have major disdain for my brother, but I figured my SIL deserved a condolence gift for marrying the bastard. :laugh:

:lmao:

I know it would work, it's just that I'd either have to do it in Tunisian crochet or in single crochet to get it looking right ;) Plus finding the colours! (The design is a rainbow over a winding river that's going through the centre of the afghan, with green grass on either side.. and blue sky with a white fluffy cloud or two... with a space at the bottom of the afghan for a name (it was a present for the child of another character in the RPG *g*)... Which should explain why the colour changes would drive me nuts! :lol: )

GG here are the two new ones for this month. :giggle:

tatwork005.jpg

Upper left arm. Will eventually have others who join it to probably become a full sleeve at some point.

tatwork007.jpg

Lower left leg.

Drea said:

:lmao:

I know it would work, it's just that I'd either have to do it in Tunisian crochet or in single crochet to get it looking right ;) Plus finding the colours! (The design is a rainbow over a winding river that's going through the centre of the afghan, with green grass on either side.. and blue sky with a white fluffy cloud or two... with a space at the bottom of the afghan for a name (it was a present for the child of another character in the RPG *g*)... Which should explain why the colour changes would drive me nuts! :lol: )

Yeah that would be way to much changes. It would definetly drive me batty and not be worth it for all the brain cells that would die. :lol:

Russty Cat said:

I still have major disdain for my brother, but I figured my SIL deserved a condolence gift for marrying the bastard. :laugh:

Rusty, my mom and I said to ourselves years ago before my younger brother got married that we'd pull his fiance aside and warn her about what he could be like. My brother's not a complete and total bastard, but he can have a temper. And my stepmother is now totally convinced he is a control freak bastard to my SIL.

jobob said:

Rusty, my mom and I said to ourselves years ago before my younger brother got married that we'd pull his fiance aside and warn her about what he could be like. My brother's not a complete and total bastard, but he can have a temper. And my stepmother is now totally convinced he is a control freak bastard to my SIL.

That's such a hard position to be in

Back
Top Bottom