Pix of U2 and Roy Orbison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MysteryGirl

The Fly
Does anyone have any? I haven't found any yet. Roy was a Grammy Award presenter in 1988 when U2 won an award, and I wonder if there are any stills from that? And then apparently Bono was around when Roy recorded "She's a Mystery To Me" so I wonder if any pix were taken then?

Thanks!

I don't know but I'd sure love to see one as well.

On that note, I know U2 used to soundcheck "She's a Mystery to Me" either on the Joshua Tree tour or the Lovetown tour. And I know Bono's been doing lines from it this year (especially with the anniversary of Roy's death also being this week). Anyone have a soundclip of them doing this song?

I have several but this one was already on the computer. Rotterdam, 1990/01/06.

h**p://s40.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=28046KPWHTSU63I45UHP4A4R69

Um. Wow. All I can say is thank you. I've always loved that song.

It's too early in the day to be teared up.

Hey Sam!! :wave: Got zMiami pix??? I'll be putting all mine on my Photobucket acct. after the holidays. BTW I'm going back down to Delray Beach/West Palm Beach oner the holidaze. I have family down there. You know, I used to post on Interference sometime back, then "life" got too busy, and I hadn't for a while. I met a bunch of Interferencers in Boston and decided to check it out again. Never know who I'll "run into" here! LOL!

Anyway, one of these days, I'll get my Grammy 1988 show put onto DVD and then maybe I can get still shots of U2 and Roy from there.

If you haven't read it elsewhere, Bono read my sign in memory of Roy in Boston on Dec. 5. That alone shocked me, then he dedicated "Sometimes" to Roy which blew my mind since he usually dedicates it to his Dad. Then they did a verse of "She's a Mystery" after "One" and Bono said "Thanks for the shades, Roy." I was in tears. I put a picture of me and my sign in the thread with pictures of Interferencers, but I'll put it here:

2005-12-05-MyRoySignatU2Concert.jpg

And from Aug. 19, 1985, Roy and me:

ROSH1.jpg

And...just call me the Sign Queen :lmao: - I made this one and we fans all signed it and gave it to Roy. The "Wild Hearts" is what we named our group, after a song Roy had out that year called "Wild Hearts Run Out Of Time."

ROSHPoster.jpg

Back
Top Bottom