Pittsburgh Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are some of my best shots, resized:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

29.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:
Most of the closeups I used a flash, but some of them turned out a little darker than others because I was toggling between camera modes all night to figure out what came out best, since I was getting mixed results. Any shots of them on the main stage came without a flash, and 99% of those pics came out very blurry, since you need a steady hand and that is impossible at a concert.

Lila64 said:
Nice photos all. I especially liked this one and the lighting, etc.

Bono kept on playing the drums into SBS... not sure if that's normal, but I've never seen that before... I've only seen him stop drumming before the next song begins.

Also, as far as I can remember, Bono didn't bring Larry in to sing during Elevation.

Y2K said:
"Hey Edge... I don't think I've ever given an autograph during a concert before...."

:D

I was right near where these pix were taken! Cool stuff.

I think Bono then handed the magazine to Edge to sign as well... pretty funny.

u2wedge said:

Bono kept on playing the drums into SBS... not sure if that's normal, but I've never seen that before... I've only seen him stop drumming before the next song begins.

No, that's pretty normal. He continues into the drum solo that begins SBS on most occasions.

Y2K said:
Most of the closeups I used a flash, but some of them turned out a little darker than others because I was toggling between camera modes all night to figure out what came out best, since I was getting mixed results. Any shots of them on the main stage came without a flash, and 99% of those pics came out very blurry, since you need a steady hand and that is impossible at a concert.

Thanks! I've got a new Canon powershot I've been experimenting with and wondering whether to forego the flash or not. I'm not a real photography buff but I must say the camera takes great pics! I'll be in GA in Vegas. Wish me luck!

Alot of mine were blurry as well...the damn floor was shaking with all the jumping up and down! I tried turning my flash off because I didn't want to risk Bono's wrath, but everyone else had theirs on so I turned mine back on. Y2K you werent too far down the rail from me. Your pics are great.

It was nice meeting ya'll.

I thought the crowd was awesome. I didn't see anyone sitting down.

The show was great and although I didn't get in the ellipse, the rail was fantastic. #42 in line and a really miserable rainy day, but worth it in every way.
A couple of pics:

PittBonoSYCMIOYO2W.jpg

PittBonoSYCMIOYOW.jpg

Hi Scarletwine, it was good to meet you too, did your son and niece enjoy the show? I have a picture exactly like all of your pictures but a little farther away.

Yes, they did. Especially my neice who is a Bonofanatic.
The originals are a lot clearer, and it is hard when everyone is jumping. The staff also walked into a few of my shots.

I remember you Scarlet your son was watching the dvds right? I was drinking the miller lites right behind you the weather sucked but the concert was great.

The damn big fat security guy in front of me kept standing right in my line of vision. DAMN YOU! I flashbulbed him right in the eyes a few times.

The security guard in front of me took out his ear plugs and started jumping up and down and singing. There security guards dont look like they can provide much security as they are like in there 40s and dont look like bad dudes at all. In Philly the people that work the floor look like they all did atleast 5 years in jail.

Hi!

That's us. There were 2 guys with Millers. Were you the one there earlier with a younger guy and the cooler? I felt bad for you not having a poncho. & your chair soaked.
But yea the concert was great!

Scarletwine said:
Hi!

That's us. There were 2 guys with Millers. Were you the one there earlier with a younger guy and the cooler? I felt bad for you not having a poncho. & your chair soaked.
But yea the concert was great!

Yea that was us, I was the one with the blue fleece, u were the one that i watched the chairs for right?

Back
Top Bottom