PGP: You Can Play On Our Rooftops Anytime, U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

It wasn't at the Hall of Fame, if I remember right. I think the fashion designer who did all the clothes for Pop had a showing somewhere in Europe. I wonder what size they are? I'll bet the waist is tiny. He's not a big person and those were some very snug trousers.

And he has never been thinner than on that Pop tour I think. Mostly because of being sick+medication I guess?

Wait, was he sick?

It's hard to tell how skinny he was before because he's such modest little thing, always in his baggy clothes. I think he was packing more muscle by Pop--he definitely seemed to have a time when he was beefier right around the release of Passengers. I like the skinny though--I've always had a thing for the smart, thin ones.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

It wasn't at the Hall of Fame, if I remember right. I think the fashion designer who did all the clothes for Pop had a showing somewhere in Europe. I wonder what size they are? I'll bet the waist is tiny. He's not a big person and those were some very snug trousers.

Bono's Fly outfit was positively TINY. I could have fit into it. And trust me, the thought crossed my mind. More than once. (I'm 5'2 and around 120lbs.)
The thoughts also included wearing it for Adam. Not that it'd stay on long.... :shifty:

Wait, was he sick?

It's hard to tell how skinny he was before because he's such modest little thing, always in his baggy clothes. I think he was packing more muscle by Pop--he definitely seemed to have a time when he was beefier right around the release of Passengers. I like the skinny though--I've always had a thing for the smart, thin ones.

Not like, sick..sick.. but he had this allergic reaction to the desert organisms/plants. something like that... And it bl**ped up his voice pretty badly.
And I remember reading he was getting some serious medication for that. But , really I don't know the details. Just guessing here.

Medication can be messy for your weight and appetite.

Oh! You were talking about Bono. I was still thinking about the disco cowboy getup. :shifty: But you're right, Bono was his leanest and meanest then-- super hard physique.

Honestly the black cowboy was very, very sexy but it just falls in the shade of that glittery white sexpot monstrosity. There is something just uncontrollably sexy about it that I can't make sense of at all- I just end up going all flaily.

Honestly the black cowboy was very, very sexy but it just falls in the shade of that glittery white sexpot monstrosity. There is something just uncontrollably sexy about it that I can't make sense of at all- I just end up going all flaily.

It's the stache.

:shifty:

But yeah, the white one looks better, it's a bit more snug too. The only pants in existence in which it seems that he''s got an ass.

nice cam, need more of those, but not infront of my local :lol:

cake any1 ?

ice-cream-sandwich-cake-recipe.gif

Gg you guys don't have ice cream sandwiches? :ohmy: They are a staple of growing up as a kid here I guess. The chocolate part of that is so good, it's not quite as soft as cake, but much softer than a hard cookie/biscuit. Not sure what it could be compared to... :hmm: a soft cookie I guess. it's just ice cream sandwich, lol. Anyway, my favorite growing up were the neapolitan ones.

I would try that. Looks perfect for a night with wine and the ladies when no one wants to do any actual cooking.

Mr CK bought me a box of ice cream sandwiches while at the store. :drool:

:applaud:

i stopped in at a semi-local (7 blocks + vs the closer ones) supermarket while making a trip nearby.... my real local supermakers either almost never have or only flavors i don't like- Ben & Jerry's. :sad:
bt this farther occasinally does.

I got New York Super Fudge Chunk!:drool::drool:

domo
i think i owe your a comment post but not sure very busy last few days.
i will check over next few days.

speaking of :drool: :lol:
just tried this a few days ago ( at WTAHNN where some vids were posted) i am so far able to get the YT audio of a YT video w my older lptp !:ohmy::hyper::hyper:

i have find a pair earbuds somewhere in the house -only have little lptp speakers.

i'm listening to -not my show night- maybe way far down on list- but the next one but still at the Old ( back then, newer! :lol: ) Giants Stadium ZOO-TV 8/13/92 :drool:

we went Aug 11, 92

Over at WTAHNN, in the 'prayer' thread, the vid of R&H's "Exit" was posted. I may have slobbered a bit.
I completely slobbered over it on my tumblr. The tags are mushy sappy lovey dovey crazed insanity. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my Adam far too much for words. :shh:

I think I shall watch R&H here soon....been on a PopMart kick as of late (mostly thanks to the kids), but a good ol' fashioned viewing of R&H is in order. :love:

Wow, you were there! :bow: I'm jealous!!!

It was glorious :hyper::drool::love: and frustrating! :grumpy: :(

yes I was/am luckly to have gone at all-- a friend gave me a tix that someone had bowed out of and i paid her back later.

My sib and our friends were opposite me more or less . I was in sec 327/row 16- so I was at least 3/4's+ way back and in row 16 of ?25 rows or so from the very top. :yikes:

I had a small binocular so i could see somewhat better esp when they were at Stage B. (in fact i was pratically in the same area but row 8 for the old GS '09 360 show[/U. That was fine becAUSE I had been at the front :heart: of the Outer Rail the night before - for the VERY 1st time).

It was frustrating because it took me till my 360 GA to finally be up close at a show after seeing them since 83.
Every other up & coming band that turned into Major to Highest-Tier Superstars, or vey well regarded by people who loved the Original CBGB's punk/new wave bands scene and watched that scene spread all over inspiring others while some never making it to full stadium/arena shows as a headlihner or at all.... I caught early enough and got good to fantastic seats and photographed them!
Having "artist eyes" really helps in Photgraphing, too.

U2 was THE Exception.... we never got very good to fantastic seats, and when I tried to get GA '01, '05 I couldn't ( till a very sweet, generous fan & bud and another who helped get the tix to me pitched in for 09).

We (friends & I) were shut out of U2's NYC Madision Sq Garden shows for JT...we ended up in Long Island.
We then were ALSO shut out for Yankee Stadium in '02 for ZOO-TV. I would have maybe tried to stay after to see them leave if we'd been there! (YS)

I sooo wanted to be close for the JT, and ZOO-TV tours but wasn't. Even at Radio City for a special Dec 84 concert we were in the balcony.

Maybe I sound spoiled but damn I was a reaaaally good R Concert photographer. Well my pics could be grainy bc you could photograph back in 70's - early-mid 80's as a fan, but
only the professionals could have flashes on the hot shoeconnectors on top of the SLR "prism' housing of their SLR's. (I had an SLR :heart: but couldn't bring a flash.)

I was photographing when it was much harder
and got some damn fine stuff. :D

I could have clarified a few things better and then just typos, so corections in red in context. :)

The ones I photographed I had already (Pre-CBGB's) seen some bands early,m or earlyish on in their careers when they came over to The States first time (or 2nd) and those not situated in NYC but near by coming over to nyc for their widening audience etc. I'd already seen these people climb the ladder of Fame before U2.So had I photographed them somewhat early on.
I was as ready to do that for U2 as well, as I was very impressedf with them discussing their music,audience connection and who were some of their influences <other earlier Fav bands of mine>.
As I said so-so to bad seat luck for U2 until 2009, epesically in comparsion to so many other bands I liked and loved previously ( and still do).

We then were ALSO shut out for Yankee Stadium in '92 for ZOO-TV. I would have maybe tried to stay after to see them leave if we'd been there! (YS)

Maybe I sound spoiled-- but I got myself out there to do the photography. I'd already been using a camera for some years before that; special city events, nature, buildings etc, and was lucky enough to live in a major concert town with cool clubs as well- like where CBGB's created a whole new scene.

Back
Top Bottom