PGP: We want to be Bono's Tickle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, all. :wave:

I'm on my fourth day of weird, annoying abdominal pains and icky bloating. I called our insurance's nurse line, and they recommended I go to my doctor. But I can't get in to see her, so I'm going to the urgent care clinic tonight.

I'm not concerned it's actually something serious, but if they can make a call as to what it is (i.e., a virus, or plain old gas - sexy!), then I can go from there and see how best to deal with it before I go. Boo.

The nurse on the phone was all "well, abdominal pain can be associated with a heart attack if accompanied by..." and then proceeded to list a bunch of symptoms which I'd already told her I didn't have.

I was thinking "Yeah, if I'd been having a heart attack, I'm pretty sure I'd be already dead, as this is day 4."

it's mostly discomfort. And annoyance that I feel fat - I feel like I can't even hold the gut in like I usually do! I must be at my least bloated for when I encounter Bono. :wink:

Wow, busy day Thora! I hope all goes well with your dad's surgery. What is going on with everyone's dad's here??? Let me know if you need someone to look at your resume.

Hey, hockey is beginning soon. You'll have to change your siggy soon.

Thanks, I hope so too. A friend of his had this surgery a few weeks ago (cataracts) and apparently within 24 hours he was seeing normally. So I'm believing the same for my dad. :yes: He's had so many eye problems over his entire life (and especially this past year and a bit), and this surgery should be one of the last he has to have for this particular problem. :up:

And yay for hockey!! :hyper: Yeah, I'll have to change that in the next week... :)

Thanks guys : hug:

Sharon, good luck : hug:

Thanks, it went well. The woman is SUPER nice and friendly, and we've gotten off to a good start. I have a ton of assessments and other things I have to do in the next week, so that will be good. :) So far this has been EXTREMELY helpful, and I've only met with her for an hour and a half so far. I'm so glad they offered this to me as part of my severance package. It's going to be very useful.

:shifty: No matter what a girl on here is, they all secretly are Bonogirls.

I really wonder where MTE is : (

She's been on FB - we've played WWF a LOT in the past day or two. :lol:

I'm gonna be in school this year. Academic advising helped me to realize that I will have better job opportunities with an honours degree. Yeah it's expensive and that's another 6000 in student loans but it will be worth it in the long run.

I just have to suck it up and do it :grumpy:

:hug: You'll do great, I know it! Soon it will all be over, and then you can move on to bigger and better things. :yes:

Hey, all. :wave:

I'm on my fourth day of weird, annoying abdominal pains and icky bloating. I called our insurance's nurse line, and they recommended I go to my doctor. But I can't get in to see her, so I'm going to the urgent care clinic tonight.

I'm not concerned it's actually something serious, but if they can make a call as to what it is (i.e., a virus, or plain old gas - sexy!), then I can go from there and see how best to deal with it before I go. Boo.

Oof. :hug: Hope they figure it out quickly and that it's easily taken care of.

:scratch: Abdominal pain > heart attack? Why on earth would a nurse tell a patient that on the phone. :huh: That would only make them worry. It's way more likely to be something non lethal, like appendicitis or food poisoning.

:scratch: Abdominal pain > heart attack? Why on earth would a nurse tell a patient that on the phone. :huh: That would only make them worry. It's way more likely to be something non lethal, like appendicitis or food poisoning.

:yikes: Appendicitis doesn't make me feel any better! :lol: Nah, the painful cramps have actually lessened, so I figure if my appendix were about to pop, it would be getting worse.

I think there are some things they're required to tell you, as they're there to advise for your next steps. And as we'd ruled out me being pregnant (SHOCKING), I'm sure she was required to list the things that it could be. I mean, if someone said they did have some of those other symptoms as well, her next step would be to say "go to the emergency room right now."

The service is mostly there to advise our employees if they should go to the ER, go to an urgent care clinic, or see a doctor soon, that sort of thing. I was kind of hoping she'd be able to rule stuff out and just say "oh, it's just gas, honey, take x, y or z." I should have known better that she couldn't do anything beyond recommend that I make an appointment with my doctor.

It's all good. I just honestly didn't know what kinds of things it could be, other than happy gassy fun time, a bug, or what.

Cori could it be related to the same thing that gave you trouble earlier in the summer? Or I guess you know if the symptoms are different. Argh, I hope it straightens all out before your trip. :hug: Maybe it's subconscious nerves again since you are leaving soon.

I had the thought.

.... but I couldn't really admit that to her, as her next words would be "You should see a counselor through your Employee Assistance Program. I think you are quite insane." :wink:

Cori could it be related to the same thing that gave you trouble earlier in the summer? Or I guess you know if the symptoms are different. Argh, I hope it straightens all out before your trip. :hug: Maybe it's subconscious nerves again since you are leaving soon.

You know, you are the third person to suggest that. If it turns out that's the case, I am going to be PISSED OFF at my body. Like, god damn it, I am prepared for anxiety symptoms in reaction to stress or excitement. PICK A REACTION AND STICK WITH IT, BODY. STOP CHANGING THE RULES. :grumpy:

I will say that with this summer's anxiety, I actually did feel nervous/anxious/excited in the days leading up to the physical reaction. This time? It's weird - I really haven't had more than a twinge of nerves/excitement. Either my mind is playing horrible tricks on me, or it really hasn't sunk in yet.

I'll definitely mention it to the doctor tonight. I'd hate to try a Lorazepam, as I have so precious few of them left. I'd hate to take one and find out it didn't do anything.

New pics :love:

318384_10150284456561432_341387926431_8355288_1638513492_n.jpg

321529_10150284456646432_341387926431_8355291_2100029002_n.jpg

Loo! He's wearing black and olive. GASP!

Dear Ali, please make some colorful Edun clothes for your husband to wear. If you can't dress him, you cannot have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom